“A good example of Marriott standards”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Reviewed 20 February 2014

On a business trip to Maidstone so I stayed for one night at Tudor Park.

The room was everything you would expect from a Marriott. Well furnished - spotlessly clean and nice and warm. I had a ground floor room with a small patio and view of the golf course.

Staff were all friendly and helpful - though the hotel has an eerie 'emptiness' about it.

That said - I thought it good value for money and I would not hesitate to stay again should I be in Maidstone.

Room Tip: I was in 130
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chestertripper

Reviewed 16 February 2014

It has taken 24 hours but we have now recovered. From shock, that is. Have been a member off and on down here for nearly 15 years and a frequent user of the mezzanine bar. Have not been there for a few weeks but returned on Friday evening with my grandson. Do this on a regular basis, usually have a light snack and a few drinks and when one comes to pay the bill at the end bearing in mind the always excellent staff one only takes a cursory glance at the bill. Criminal, I know. Did just that this week and did a double take at the amount involved which then caused me to take a closer look at the bill. Prices have gone up generally but the one that really hit me was £9.50 for a large not particularly good Merlot. I travel the whole country staying in hotels, going to restaurants etc and this is certainly the highest price I have ever seen in this respect. Not sure whether the intention is to price riffraff like me out place but they have certainly succeeded. Not going to pay that price and will not be returning. Shame, because the staff and the general ambience is otherwise excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you Mr Harry A for your visit to Tudor Park and sharing your recent experience with us. I have looked into your comment re the price for a glass of Merlot and whilst I appreciate your intial reaction, the glass you ordered was a large one (250ml) and all our pricing is done proportionate to the bottle price. I am delighted to read that you are a regular to our hotel and found our staff and general ambience to your liking and I hope that, despite the above, we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my Husband stayed here for Valentines 2014 I must say while the Hotel was Modern, and Clean it did lack Atmosphere. While Dining the Music was very quite and when we moved to the Mezzanine Bar there was No Music at all. I felt like we had to whisper so others couldn't hear our Conversation. I did ask the Barman who replied yes we have Music but didn't put any on. I feel a lot of these Hotels that have Conference Rooms could do with laying on some sort of Entertainment i.e Disco or Tribute Act. Other than that Food Lovely, staff Friendly, Rooms Nice but Shower is a bit Poor had No Power.

• Stayed: February 2014
Current SE T, Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Debidozi,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor with regards to your stay here at the Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club.

I have taken on board your comments regarding the atmosphere whilst dining in our restaurant and will review our package for future events. I will also ensure the water pressure is checked by our Engineer.

With reference to your comments of extra entertainment please join us for an evening with the magnificent Jason Allen as a Michael Buble tribute on 27th March. A glass of bubbly on arrival, 3 course dinner, lively surroundings and a disco until 01:00. All for £34.95 per person.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver great service in the future.

Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations
Tudor Park, A Marriott Hotel and Country Club

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We only stayed here for one night on our way back from a short break in Hampshire, hadn't booked and only stopped because we wanted to break the homeward journey. What a lovely hotel ... would have been very happy to spend more time. The reception area is huge and well furnished, the bedrooms are all at one end of the premises with the leisure area, restaurant and bar at the other end. It wasn't too far to walk to the room we were allocated and I noticed that in addition to the lift there were plenty of facilities for disabled visitors to get around i.e. stair lifts for wheelchairs etc. Our room was of a good size with a large bed, plenty of pillows and very comfortable. The bathroom was also of a reasonable size - shower was in the bath but this doesn't bother me. All the usual things, tea making facilities, mini-fridge, toiletries. The TV was limited in the channels it offered but we weren't bothered. The restaurant is large; we had dinner on the night we were there and both food, drinks and service were excellent. Breakfast the following morning was self-service but the selection was excellent and the cooked food was well prepared. Fresh poached or fried eggs were available to order. There is a golf course in the grounds and it is well placed for visiting local attractions. Well recommended.

Room Tip: I would assume all the rooms are much the same but if it is important to you then ask for a room clo...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

I was a bit disappointed after being told there were no double rooms left and that we would have to have a twin even though we checked in at 12. Apparently the request for a double bed we made on booking.com was only a request! (I am glad we didn't need a twin and got a double!)

the spa and gym are large but looking a bit tired in places, the rooms and the bar and restaurant areas are spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was a typical large hotel buffet and good quality.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time sharing your experience here at Tudor Park.

I appreciate your comments in regards to your preferred room type and and sorry that on this occassion we were not able to fulfill your request due to the hotel being extremely busy. The upkeep and maintaining of our Spa and Leisure facilties and the hotel in general is one of our main priorities and we take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not entirely meet your—or our own—expectations this time round. Our goal is to always to address and learn from our guests concerns.

I was however very pleased to read your kind comments in regards to the quality of our Breakfast and that you found your room and our Bar and Restaurant to your liking.

I hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed here for a weekend break.

The reception staff were very welcoming and efficient, as a result the check in was done in a matter of minutes.

The room is what you would expect at a Marriott, clean, T.V., tea/coffee making facilities and toiletries.

We used the leisure club and it was ok (the jacuzzi was covered with decking) and I believe more loungers are required around the pool.

In the evening we were booked into eat yet there was no atmosphere in the bar and as a result cancelled our table and booked a taxi to a local bar/restaurant The Oak on The Green. However the bar staff were friendly and efficient.

The breakfast was lovely and the service fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My partner took me to stay here as part of my birthday treat.

Upon arrival there was a queue of three groups of guests, despite this we were seen to within a minute. We were welcomed warmly and politely and given clear instructions on how to find out room. We were told about all of the facilities and how to access them.

Our room was very spacious and the mini fridge was stocked up well (all overpriced items in the fridge but that is to be expected), the shower was fantastic, great water pressure and we didn't have to wait for the water to fun warm. We had a ground floor room, it was very peaceful and had patio doors that led onto a communal garden area. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and modern, temperature was perfect and we weren't disturbed by noise or staff.

We used the swimming pool the morning after we arrived, it was clean and quiet, we had the whole pool, steam room and hot tub to ourselves. The changing rooms were clean and spacious too.

We chose not to have breakfast as it was quite expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!