“long walk”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Worcester, United Kingdom
“long walk”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Nice enough hotel with good amenities and pleasant staff. Not efficient staff but pleasant nonetheless. Was asked as were many others to upgrade from a room I requested to a superior room costing £25 more (given wine and free wifi worth same so that was ok)
However the walk to the room very long especially as I had a camera trolley bag which weighs a tonne and there were 3 flights of stairs to negotiate. Asked for a booking in July to be extended 3 times and whilst they eventually said it was booked I am still waiting for a confirmation despite being assured it was being sent in the next 10 minutes - twice!!! hence the pleasant but not efficient staff remark. Breakfast was excellent and here the staff were brilliantly efficient - perhaps swap them for reception staff? Overall I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: early to breakfast and eat like a King
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank whitey1962

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Just back from 3 days at this hotel... As a new Marriott Elite card holder we have been searching Marriott's first to collect rewards.

Overall we are liking the experience, in the main the staff are brilliant, all are there to support and meet your needs.

I always think one of the best sign's is when something goes wrong, how well do they handle it. Interestingly we had an incident this time round and when I phoned down to share the challenge the duty manager did something I loved. I shared the challenge and he just agreed with me that this was incorrect and went all out to put it right turning up himself at our room to apologies and offer us compensation immediately so as to meet our needs.

As I look back, yes the challenge could have been avoided with a better decision at the time that created it and you know what, staying calm myself lead to a good resolution by the team once given the change to put things right...

Great job the Tudor Park Team and thank you for your service...

Tony Vee

Room Tip: Upgrades are interesting. We were offered an upgrade with free wine a film, gowns and slipper etc. N...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Anthony V
Rainham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We wanted a relaxing overnight stay somewhere that wasn't a million miles away. I had been to the Tudor Park Marriot before, but this was nearly 20 years ago and I only took my daughter for a swim in their pool.
Lots of free parking at the front of the Hotel and easy to park. Reception staff were very warm and welcoming and more than helpful checking us in. We were given the choice of overlooking the carpark or the terrace, and of course we chose the terrace. Due to large wedding parties staying in the hotel, the kingsize bed we booked had been changed to two large singles, but this wasn't a problem for us. The room was spotless and we felt very relaxed in our room as it was very quite and we could only hear the birds singing outside.

We chilled in the room for a little while before heading down to use the gym. Very quite in there too which was nice, good choice of music to work out to too. Tower of free weights in the room as well as a water machine too so that was good. Spin classes were clearly advertised on the spin room door if we fancied taking part the option was there.

We decided to order room service and I had the Marriot burger which was massive and my partner had the hot dog, which was HUGE.

Bath took a while to fill but very comfy to lie in. Bathrooms very well decorated and clean.

Everything we needed to know was clearly printed in the room guide, ie room checkout time 12, which was a suprise to me as most places it around 11. Gave us time the following morning to have breakfast and chill out in the pool and sauna/steam room. Towels provided at a desk just past the gym, you just need to sign in and hand your door card over.

Ice machine spotted in one of the corridors opposite the restaurant was a nice touch I thought, and with an Ice bucket in the room, your bottles are easily kept chilled :)

Very relaxing overnight stay, we will definately be returning.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard was very peaceful.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Allieo36
Whitstable
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

Second visit for girls weekend fabulous last time however this time restaurant service was shocking. Meals wrong, starters sent back, main courses late...Bill at the end of the night was wrong and restaurant staff/manager would not agree after picking receipt to bits and we were right!! We will be moving on next year....sorry.

• Stayed March 2014
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you recent experience here at Tudor Park.
It is disappointing for us that your return visit to the hotel has not been as enjoyable and fabulous as your previous one and that this time round we were not able to provide you and your friends with the high level of service and food that we have come to pride ourselves upon. I pleased to learn that you had the opportunity to speak to one of our Duty Managers following the dinner who was able to rectify the situation with the bill, however I appreciate that this is only little consolation.
I have personally discussed your comments with my Restaurant Manager and Head Chef respectively and both of the gentlemen would like to convey their apologies for the shortfall experienced.
We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you and your friends with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

We decided on this hotel as we had our wedding reception here in 2009 and decided to go back to celebrate my 30th Birthday. We booked through spabreaks.com and got a really good deal for £150.00 each we got an over night stay, x1 55 minute treatment each, bucks fizz on arrival, lunch, dinner and breakfast the following morning. They did however muck up our treatment times and due to that we had a bottle of champagne on ice in our room as an apology which I thought was a nice little touch!
We got there about 1pm but was not allowed into our room till 3pm so we decided to have lunch and then a few drinks at the bar first where we met the nicest bar tender we have ever met Sam Miller. What a sweetie he made us feel really welcome and couldn't of been nicer. He really did make our weekend as he was then our waiter later on at dinner :)
The rooms are really lovely and spacious the beds are sooooo comfy and very clean you couldn't ask for more really. Shower was lovely and girls there is a hair dryer in the wardrobe if you forget one like I did.
We then went to the pool and stayed there for a bit before our treatments and used the sauna. We also got robes and slippers given to us for this.
Our treatments hmm well we had a full body massage each so we each had a different therapist and unfortunately she talked through the whole treatment as did my husbands therapist which kind of ruined it for us as a full body massage is supposed to be relaxing for the body and mind which when you are talking you cant really shut down. Neither of us said anything as we didn't want to be rude but Ive had a few massages and this is the first one where they have spoken to me through the whole treatment. A shame as the massage was good!
We then went onto dinner which was absolutely lovely could not fault it at all it was perfect! And again Sam who was our waiter was a diamond!!!
Breakfast was really nice its in the same restaurant where you have your dinner. Loads of choice to choose from and very high quality.
All in all my 30th Birthday was fabulous and my husband and I both said to each other why do we not do this more often?! Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Lovely hotel, recently stayed here for a wedding. Check in with swift and smooth.

The lobby is very bright and modern. The rooms are very spacious with huge, very comfortable beds. Decent size bathroom, more than adequate for the night’s stay.

The wedding rooms were lovely, the marquee very pretty. The staff at the wedding were great, from the waiters to the bar staff – top marks. The food was brilliant, cooked very well and each course was very enjoyable, i was impressed with the quality with the amount of people to feed. Best cheesecake I have ever had, amazing.

We used the lobby bar too, both before and after the wedding. The service was just as good at 2am then it was at 1pm. Room charge only after a certain hour.

Breakfast the next morning was more than enough, cooked and cold food available.

I would defiantly come back and stay here again. Maybe this time make use of the facilities like the pool, gym and spa. Would also would like to do afternoon tea.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank msrw
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. Value for money and you get what you pay for.

The staff are very welcoming and pleasant.

Room was well equipped if not overly large, but was comfortable and very clean.

Room service was delivered quickly and was fresh. Food was of a food quality.

Breakfast had a large selection to suit every taste.

The hotel was perfect as a venue for a business trip or a short stay in the area.

Ticked all the right boxes.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Dregan84
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!