“Well located for channel crossing”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Well located for channel crossing”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is just off the M20 but in a rural setting in the midst of a golf course. There is free and plentiful parking. There are only two floors to this hotel and even the ground floor has lots of steps and requires a lot of walking this could be an issue for some people. The gym is large and very well equipped. The pool is large but shallow in a lot of areas this could be an issue for serious swimmers. The Terrace rooms have doors opening onto a public area next to the golf course with outside tables and chairs for each room. As a gold card member we were upgraded to this room but not sure if I would pay the extra £30 particularly in the winter months. We left before the restaurant opened at seven on a Saturday morning and were provided with a breakfast to go. There was no coffee included and the food proved to be of very poor quality.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
TudorPark M, Director Of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Laura James,

I am grateful that you took the time to leave a review regarding your experience here at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel and Country Club. Thank you for the great feedback regarding our leisure club. With regards to your comments referring to our premium room, the upgrade is not just for the room, this includes a bottle of wine and free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel. During the nice winter mornings the golf course is rather stunning and we have blankets available to enjoy a nice warm tea or coffee on the terrace. I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your breakfast to go and I will be looking into this along with our head chef. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to enjoy our full English breakfast served in the restaurant which we pride ourselves on.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
Riehen, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice high quality hotel especially for golfers. You'd better have a car in case you want to go outside hotel area, because it is quite isolated. To be in the middle of forest is also good thing. It is very peaceful.
For beer drinker I propose to visit nearest tesco(2km away), because small bottle of beer costs more than 4 pounds.. If you decide to go for tesco, you might want to eat fish and ships in the opposite side of the road. Very nice and ultra fast service.
There are additional services available like sauna, but I did not try them. I guess they are same high standard as whole hotel.
Famous Leeds castle is only a couple of miles away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Used Marriott hotels on numerous occasions and both the hotel and location were very good. Clean room, reasonable size etc and breakfast all very nice but on this occasion had major problems with the shower which at best was a trickle of water. I did speak to reception on two occasions and asked if it could be looked at but for whatever reason no one seemed to respond. I also mentioned again when I checked out but again the individual didn't seem that interested. A real shame because I did give the opportunity to fix but for for two days we suffered a barely working shower and for that reason I have knocked my scores down. Even more disappointing given it was our anniversary.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
I appreciate your time to post your experience here on trip advisor and I am sorry that on this visit to the hotel we were not able to provide the kind of service and comfort that you are accustomed to when staying here at Tudor Park. It is very unfortunate that we were not able to rectify the challenge and rest assured I have spoken to the staff concerned to ensure that all guest issues are consistently followed up and that alternatives are provided should we not be able to resolve the issue. I am however very pleased to read that you are a regular visitor and I am grateful for your kind scores in respect to Location, sleep quality and cleanliness. I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Tudor Park in the near future.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We all had an excellent stay at Tudor Park rooms were clean and a good size, we had dinner in restaurant one night the food was first class. We used the pool which was lovely but would have liked a Jacuzzi not sure why it has been taken out. Men had 2 rounds of golf and enjoyed the course. Food in bar was really good and breakfast was amazing with everything you could possibly want. Staff were really friendly and helpful, especially reception staff and sweets on reception desk were much appreciated by all our party. Girls all went into Maidstone shopping but just a small thing the taxi was £17 due to it being a bank holiday which we thought was a bit much £34 for round trip, good shopping though. We will definitely use this hotel again, top marks Tudor Park.

Room Tip: We had a room looking out on the golf course which was lovely
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked 2 rooms here on the way to France at Easter, too short notice for a family room so my daughters got their own space. Used Marriott rewards points, so no cost involved and therefore was prepared for it to be underwhelming.

On the contrary, from the moment we were greeted in reception till we left the next morning it was great. Very warm and welcoming, good rooms with a fabulous view onto the golf course, windows that actually opened and allowed you to hear the wind and the birds...

We ate in the bar, very good choice and enormous portions. The swimming pool and changing rooms were one of the best in a Marriott I have used (take note Bristol!).

Left early for travel to France, so didn't use the breakfast facilities - but the location was perfect for onward travel.

A really good find, I have no doubt we will do the same again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul A
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Our son held his Wedding reception here last weekend.
The rooms are lovely. The staff really good and attentive and the food was better than expected.
We had a great weekend and talking to other guests they did as well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
krnt
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 day 'Dining experience for my wife's and my 50th birthdays. The swimming pool was running childrens swimming lessons between 3 and 5:30 on both nights. On the morning of my birthday we thought we would relax after breakfast around the pool, couldn't do it as an aqua earobicks lesson was taking place with crappy music and eight screaming middle aged women!. The evening inclusive "dining experience " menu could only be described as bland. The breakfast was lovely albeit spoiled because my Mrs had to hunt down the chef before waiting ten minutes for her under cooked snotty fried eggs. Would I come here again?... Yes probably if I need a room only deal. Oh.... And 9 quid to watch a film that has been on Netflix, for 3 months is really taking the P*ss!.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
TudorPark M, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Thank you for your time to meet up with me personally before your departure to disucss your stay with us. It is regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to speak earlier as it would have enabled us to ensure a more pleasurable experience. Again our apologies that we were not able to entirely demonstrate our usually high standards of service and food offerings that we have come to pride ourselves upon here at Tudor Park. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!