“Lovely weekend Break”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Basildon, United Kingdom
“Lovely weekend Break”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed at the hotel, a couple of times previously. Booked the hotel with my Tesco Clubcard points I had earned. Asked the hotel if there would be a possibility of a upgrade to the standard room. On arriving at the hotel, there was a nice welcome and a upgrade was given.
It was a lovely break. Used the swimming pool and had some beauty treatments. Everyone was so nice in the hotel. Watched the World Cup in one of the bars within the hotel. They brought out side food, I had already eaten, but that was a nice touch!
Just a shame that we can no longer use the Tesco club points, as they have closed the scheme.
Will be back!

Room Tip: Looking over the golf course. Not at the front of the hotel. Room 229 was nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Just checked in an hour ago and I am already looking at other hotel options. As a Marriott gold member, not only I was given a terrible room which stunk, the internet doesn't work either. The front desk staff gave me a different room after I complained. It doesn't smell but it's very small, and the furniture looks tired. I travel extensively for work and I am a platinum member for SPG and Hyatt, gold for Marriott, this is no doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Nikki Y
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Tudor Park. You indicated in your response that the room was not to your liking and that there was challenge with the internet connectivity in your room. I understand that my team tried to solve the problem with the internet and even got our third party provider involved unfortunately though with no success. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction and unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We booked an overnight stay to be followed by a round of golf in the morning. Staff were very welcoming on arrival and our room was a comfortable and quiet ground floor double overlooking the car park. We had a relaxing swim that evening in the clean but sparsely decorated pool area.
Breakfast next morning was plentiful in variety and of good quality. Disappointment came when we checked in for golf to be told our pre-booked buggy was not available. On the hottest day of the year so far this was clearly going to make for an uncomfortable round. Staff were apologetic but ultimately unable to resolve the situation. They offered us a discounted green fee and complimentary trollies. We gave up and left after nine holes, feeling disappointed that our game had been brought to an early close.

1 Thank Ayebee60
Karen M, Public Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Ayebee60

Thank you for the great review, I am really sorry to read you had an issue with not receiving a golf buggy, however I am delighted the boys looked after you with reducing your rate and offering a golf trolly.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so you may enjoy and complete a round of golf on our course.
Michael Regenhardt
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night,a Friday, on our way to the Channel Tunnel.It wasn't a particularly enjoyable experience.The rooms are fine in a corporate sort of way but it seems the hotel is trying to be everything to everybody and failed the individual guest.There were golfing parties,a wedding,an evening Dinner Jacket function,a party of American War Veterans and ourselves and the place seemed to be creaking at the seams.
We were booked on a half board basis and were told at check in that we had a restaurant reservation at 7.30.Arriving on the dot,the harassed maître d told us our booking was for 8.30 and we could either come back in an hour or go into an inferior sports bar.We opted for the latter but there was no apology or any offer of even a free drink.After the meal,(very average)we took the matter up with reception who insisted that he had been correct and made a very half hearted apology.At checkout the following morning we were asked if everything had been OK and a repetition of our saga was met with an indifferent shrug.
It is quite apparent that corporate business is the priority for Marriott,not the individual who pays his own bills.

1 Thank lhirst
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear lhirst

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your experience of your stay, as it is only by receiving constructive and objective criticism that we can remedy those areas where improvements are required. My team and I do take such feedback very seriously indeed and I very much regret that we clearly fell short of our usual levels of high service and please accept my apologies for the misunderstanding in regards to your dinner reservation. We are exceedingly proud that we serve such a varied mixture of guests who chose us as their hotel of choice and that we are a hub for many different social gatherings. It is unfortunate that on this particular day of your stay we were not entirely able to provide our fullest attention to you as an individual guest. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and please accept my sincere apologies for any off the inconvenience experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 June 2014

After a long week and an even longer day we booked into this Marriott using our points as a last minute booking. The staff on arrival were extremely helpful and realised that what I needed was a glass of wine! Our room overlooked the grounds with a patio area and furniture. Very tranquil. The wine was then delivered and a very pleasant evening. As we had been travelling we had room service but again the food was good and the staff very helpful. The room was a free upgrade and a good size, well furnished and plenty of space. A recommended stay but next time I will make sure we check out the restaurants and the spa!

Room Tip: On arrival you can request a free upgrade and it is worth asking.
1 Thank Aly E
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I had Christmas diner at Tudor park. The following night, I slept in a comfortable room. The breakfast was decent. Love the soundings and the driving range. Excellent hotel with free parking. Over all an fantastic night at the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Benfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I took my boyfriend to the Marriott Hotel for the night as part of his birthday present - stayed in April 2014.

On arrival, we were welcomed by the friendly staff on reception who quickly checked us in and gave us all the information we needed.

Then off we went to our room, people were moaning about the long walks in reviews I read before we went - but didnt bother us at all. We stayed in a room with a view of the golf course which was really nice.

The room itself was nice, not overly wowed by it. But it was homely and the bath was lovely.

We went for dinner at The White Horse, which is only a short taxi ride away from the hotel. The food was lovely! And would definitely recommend going there.

Overal it was a nice one night stay away from everything.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the golf course.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thanks for the great review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and are recommending the hotel to others. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
Chilston Park Hotel
Chilston Park Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lenham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!