“Very nice”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were here for a wedding. We stayed over night.
We booked into the room in the morning to find we had two beds not one! there was no chance to exchange and we were happy with the room. It is difficult to know how when you book a room with a king size why you don’t get it. It cant be that difficult. Any how. The bathroom, the space, the beds were all perfect. lots of hanging space and it was nice to have a iron and ironing board , The lighting in the room was good with options to have low romantic lighting for the evening.
The wedding was good! a little confusing as to where and when were meant to be.
The food... was "wedding food". Not spectacular but its wedding food ... at a wedding. Not to everyone’s choice but then how could it be. The children’s meals were good. Would have been nice to have had a smile from some of the young waiters.
The grounds are perfect. so there was an options to get out and walk amongst beautiful parkland to cool off.
It was rather disappointing to see that bedrooms that were near the wedding and on the ground floor over looking the "smokers area" were not occupied by wedding guests. Who clearly did not appreciate the smoking and banter outside there bedroom window. Why we and other wedding guests were put on the opposite side of the corridor away from the noise and overlooking a garden.. Again.. it cant be that difficult to organise. But we were glad we stayed the night, despite being local.
Breakfast was included and was very very good. Lots of options in a lovely dinning room with lots of space. Lots of friendly staff at hand.

Room Tip: Ask is there is a wedding or event on.. ensure if your not there to stay up late then get a room on...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank theworldwise
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear theworldwise

Thank you for posting your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be spacious and that it accommodated all your needs. It is unfortunate you did not receive a king bedded room, this was due to a large number of guests requesting the same room type. If we are aware that the guests staying are part of a function we do try and allocate the bedrooms near the function room, wherever possible. It is great to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff friendly. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tudor Park when you are next visiting the area.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights to celebrate a close friends wedding. The hotel was immaculately clean, the grounds beautiful, our room incredibly comfortable and the staff unbelievably helpful. So what let my rating down? I upgraded my room for free wifi and a bottle of wine for our arrival. I expected for any stay breakfast would be provided as throughout my booking online it doesn't state or prompt that it needed to be added additionally, something I would have done at the time. This left us particularly embarrassed on arrival for breakfast to be informed we didn't have any. I went to the Reception where a more than helpful lady printed off my booking where I highlighted how there was nowhere within it that specified whether breakfast was provided or not. The lady sorted our breakfast out without question, something I was grateful for but would like Marriott to look at how it advertises its packages as it could tell me my room had a Chair, oversized but not clearly state whether I had breakfast or not, it was not even brought up as we checked in.
Special mention to Ben who checked us in who was one of the friendliest members of hotel staff i've ever come across, a true credit to your brand.

Room Tip: Check what your booking and paying for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Weslina
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Weslina,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am delighted to find out that you felt our hotel staff is helpful and in particular the receptionist, who checked you in. I am sorry that there was confusion over the breakfast inclusive package, however I am happy that this was addressed swiftly. We will review the website offers and ensure as well that that on check in the overall booking and its content is reconfirmed.
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver great service and welcome you back in the near future

Many thanks,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have just come back from spending a night away as a family to celebrate a special birthday. The Tudor Park was a superb venue. The hotel was wonderful and the hotel staff went out of their way to make the weekend a special experience for us all. Although we hadn't asked for anything special, they had picked up that it was a special birthday and put a wonderful chocolate board in the room for us. The dinner we had in the hotel was delicious, as was breakfast. The rooms were beautiful with very comfy beds and great views. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Karen M, Public Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi Spurplepink

Thanks for the great review. I am delighted that we were able to assist your family in celebrating a special birthday. Look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

The service we received was great from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. We had meals In the main restaurant as well as a private dinner. The rooms are clean, well maintained and very comfortable. It would be good to have some water and biscuits in the room as we have on previous occasions rather than having to buy everything from the mini bar.

Room Tip: All rooms are good only the view changes either car park, courtyard or golf course.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a spa afternoon here for a friend's hen do. The price was reasonable at £32.50 each for ten of us and included use of the spa facilities for the afternoon and one 30 min treatment each. We were provided with dressing gowns, a towel and slippers for the day. We spent a good portion of our time there sitting outside on the patio overlooking the pond. This was a lovely sunny spot with well maintained gardens but was shared with other hotel guests, golfers and gym members so it was a bit weird sitting amongst them in dressing gowns and slippers. Again the bar was shared with others and there was no table service for drinks so we had to go upstairs to the bar in dressing gowns which wasn't ideal.
The pool and spa area was nice but not very big for such a large hotel. The pool got quite full in the afternoon (Sunday) including when a lane was closed off for a child's swimming lesson, not very relaxing for a spa day! The gym looked really good though.
We had booked our treatments at various times throughout the afternoon and afternoon tea for 2pm in between. The tea had been prebooked a week earlier bit did not turn up until nearly 3pm. By this time we were very hungry so we would have eaten anything but the food was quite nice when it eventually arrived, although too much sweet stuff and not enough savoury for me. They also served us more sandwiches and tea and didn't charge extra. The afternoon tea was £15 per person which I thought was a tad expensive. They could make it smaller and reduce the price per person.
The actual treatments we had were very good and ran to schedule. Some had a massage, others had a manicure/pedicure. The lady who did my manicure was very nice and did a good job. Our only gripe here was that the treatment times were spread out over around 5 hours as there were only two members of staff there for the day.
All in all this could be a really nice place for a spa day with a few extra staff and better customer service in the bar area.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Kerry P,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed your treatment. We are currently reviewing our booking system regarding afternoon tea, with the aim that this will be aligned with the treatments. I do hope that the positives during your visit will bring you back to our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a fantastic welcome - the receptionist was very professional and attentive but I was expecting a much better room. It was quite small and the 'outdoor terrace' was just two chairs and a table on a paved area (but it was overlooking the golf course which was lovely). The week before we'd had a fantastic room in the Marriott Twickenham which was half the price (no extras though). We should have contacted reception as the room smelt musty and I'm sure they would have moved us. That really put me off. The bar was pleasant but both courses of the two course meal we had took ages to come and weren't really that good. Breakfast was great though and all the staff we met really friendly. We were a tad disappointed but the criticism is probably because of the excellent good value experience the week before.

Room Tip: Terrace rooms overlooking the golf course probably have the best view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Good afternoon Karen C.
I appreciate your time and effort to share your experience here at Tudor Park. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations in respect of the room or the dinner offerings provided. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. I am however pleased to learn that you enjoyed your breakfast and found our staff to be polite and friendly. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Tudor Park in the future,

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I booked afternoon tea here for a baby shower and during booking enquired into the selection of food available (due to the pregnant women as well as children attending) - I was advised the sandwiches were ham, ham and cheese, cheese and pickle, and tuna. Which was perfect seeing as it suited all parties. Other food was scones and cakes at £15 pp for adults and £7.50 per child.
Upon booking I gave the numbers of who was attending and phoned up a week before to confirm.

When we arrived there was not enough place settings arranged so we had to do this, and when the afternoon tea came out we was very disappointed as the children or pregnant ladies couldn't eat the sandwiches prepared - we were given smoked salmon, and cheese (that pregnant women can not eat) sandwiches so had to complain and advise this is not what we booked. We were then given a few plain ham sandwiches but wasn't enough between the group. (One sandwich was Infact a 1/4 of a normal sandwich we would make)

The afternoon tea came out on three tears and we were advised were 1 between 2 people (not exactly £15's worth) and were actually not given enough so in two cases there was 1 between 3, although telling the staff we was 1 short they did not give us another one.

The scones were nice but the other cakes were inedible due to being tasteless and so soggy you couldn't pick them up. (Which I've noticed someone else has commented on and this still hasn't been rectified - at the price you expect better)

We did however have a lovely afternoon because we made it nice however I won't be returning here for afternoon tea as it was extremely disappointing and overpriced for what you got.

Found the man involved in payments and complaints to be rude

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Nx88
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Nx88,

My team and I do take such feedback very seriously indeed and I very much regret that we clearly fell short of our usual levels of high service and food offerings. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to bring these matters to our attention, as it is only by receiving feedback such as yours that we can remedy those areas where improvements are required. I am sorry about the miscommunication from the booking stage through to the actual afternoon tea. Set up and food offerings should have been as discussed and I would like to rest assure you that we are currently reviewing our booking procedures to ensure no such re occurrences in the future. On a more positive note I am delighted that you and you party still enjoyed the afternoon and hope that you will consider the Tudor Park Marriott again in the future. To that end, please do contact me personally so that I can ensure a more pleasurable experience next time round.

Kind Regards,
Director of Operations

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!