Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hilton Maidstone(Maidstone)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsgolf coursemini barspa treatmentssuperior roomsteam roomspa arealovely hotelafternoon teareception staffmain restaurantleeds castlegreat weekendpublic areasstayed one nightbuffet stylefollowing morningbirthday treat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I have been at this hotel for almost a month now and the experience has been absolutely amazing.

People: The most important thing ome considers is when you visit a hotel is how one is treated. The moment you enter the lobby you are greeted with the most amazing people you have ever met (I say this because I haven't seen this anywhere. Be it be Hilton, Hyatt, Le Meridian). To name a few Otto, Vishal and I don't remember the name of that charming lady from Spain :) :). I was overwhelmed by the warmth and kindness of people at the Marriott. Everyday is a new experience over here.

Food: I must compliment the chef for the amazing food !! The Marriott burger and Salmon is a must for anyone who visits this place.

Bar: Apart from this, the Mez bar is a must visit. You will greeted with the amazing Rico , the newbie Alistair and the awesome Arun. The three musketeers of the bar, who will go out of their way to deliver the best drinks in town !!

Living : Rooms are well done and quite spacious and the price is justified !!

Overall a beautiful place with an awesome golf course, amazing people and a great getaway from the busy life. I recommend this to all !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sameer L
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for one night before an early start on the Eurostar. Previous experience of Marriott hotels lead us to have high expectations. Initially all was well, the hotel was close to the motorway, but quiet. The reception area was very plush and cool, on a very humid night. We dumped our bags and went straight for a swim. The pool is very nice, the gym looked extensive, the showers and changing rooms were all clean and well-equipped. We then went to one of the restaurants and had very nice food at a reasonable price. The room was very pretty, with a massive bed.

Then it all went wrong. One room managed to lock the bathroom door as it closed, this was quickly remedied by the reception staff but should this even be possible? Generally, the bathroom cleanliness was not quite good enough, with mould staining around the bath and the toilet and with bad scuff marks along the bottom of the door. Not what I expect from a Marriott.

It was a hot and sultry night. Opening the window made no difference to the room temperature at all. We found an "air-con" device in a corner which we turned on and thought a 747 was taking off next to us. Unfortunately, it didn't quite manage to actually drop the temperature of the room very much. If at all. Actually, it was useless whilst being incredibly noisy. We didn't sleep. In the morning I mentioned this tiny problem to the management who said we should have told them in the night. I asked what they would have done, and they didn't really have any answer. Should I take it then that the other rooms have the same problem?

Additionally, the wifi was exorbitantly expensive and I can see no reason for charging at all when a Days Inn can manage it for free, at £100 per night less.

If you don't mind slightly grubby bathrooms and are travelling in cold weather, this might be quite a good hotel.he only reason it hasn't been given a "terrible" rating is because the food was nice, and we liked the spacious car park.

Room Tip: It is important that you only travel when the weather is cool. Don't expect any air con.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WeaselD
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear WeaselD,
Thank you for your post on Tripadvisor regarding you recent stay at Tudor Park, Marriott Hotel and Country Club. I am pleased to learn that you liked different aspects of our hotel in particular the recreational facilities and restaurant. It is unfortunate that the bathroom was not up to our usual standard. It is very regretful that the air handling unit was too noisy and I am sorry for the inconvenience that caused. The units are not built for dealing with the more intense weather conditions. I am happy to share that we have started to replace some units already in our Superior rooms. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

we just happened to call in to this hotel on Sunday 20th of July,im glad we did,the breakfast was excellent and so much choice,2 of us had the continental breakfast and there was so much choice,lovely bread and a great selection of meats and cheeses,fantastic pastry's and a wide selection of cereals and juices,1 person had the hot buffet breakfast and she really enjoyed it and they were also very child friendly as her young daughter was well looked after with no charge,great place,we will defiantly be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Karen M, Front Office Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear LukeRozier
Great Review – thank you!
It is always good to read that our breakfast offering is well received by our guests and maintains it high quality.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

On arrival we checked in with a trainee who was very pleasant and on entering our room realised that we had been allocated a disabled -person's room. I set off the alarms several times in error and found the lowered handles a real inconvenience. I telephoned reception to be told that I had booked a room with easy access and there was no replacement room available with a double bed as the hotel was near capacity.

I checked my booking and could find no reference to requesting a disabled room so I went to reception to seek clarification as they blamed Booking.com for the booking error.There had been a cancellation and I was allocated a new room. However it was suggested that in future it would be better to book via Marriott.com as they were always the cheapest and that would avoid such errors, Duly admonished I retired to my new room. No free WiFi and at the prices charged I felt £6/hour excessive.

We ordered a meal in the Bar and the wrong order was delivered. It had been a long day (left York at 01.00 travelled to Dover caught 07.00 ferry to Calais, had a business meeting in Belgium, caught 19.50 ferry from Calais to Dover and arrived at hotel at 21.15) so retired to bed.

The staff welcome at breakfast was pleasant and service exceptional. The kitchen staff were a little slow at replenishing the trays of food. The cheese and meats were fresh and so were the croissants (when finally arrived) The chef cooked your eggs fresh and the sausages were very tasty. Bacon overcooked and mushrooms flavorless. However, on balance, a tasty and hearty breakfast.

Summary of downsides:

No free wifi
Condescending Reception staff
Wrong meal orders

Upsides:

Breakfast
Location

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Howard R

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

It is unfortunate that you did not receive the room type you were expecting but I am pleased to read that we managed to organise a room move for you. I can appreciate that after a long day travelling this was an inconvenience for you.

On a more positive note it is great to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff service to be exceptional!

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your stay. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were here for a wedding. We stayed over night.
We booked into the room in the morning to find we had two beds not one! there was no chance to exchange and we were happy with the room. It is difficult to know how when you book a room with a king size why you don’t get it. It cant be that difficult. Any how. The bathroom, the space, the beds were all perfect. lots of hanging space and it was nice to have a iron and ironing board , The lighting in the room was good with options to have low romantic lighting for the evening.
The wedding was good! a little confusing as to where and when were meant to be.
The food... was "wedding food". Not spectacular but its wedding food ... at a wedding. Not to everyone’s choice but then how could it be. The children’s meals were good. Would have been nice to have had a smile from some of the young waiters.
The grounds are perfect. so there was an options to get out and walk amongst beautiful parkland to cool off.
It was rather disappointing to see that bedrooms that were near the wedding and on the ground floor over looking the "smokers area" were not occupied by wedding guests. Who clearly did not appreciate the smoking and banter outside there bedroom window. Why we and other wedding guests were put on the opposite side of the corridor away from the noise and overlooking a garden.. Again.. it cant be that difficult to organise. But we were glad we stayed the night, despite being local.
Breakfast was included and was very very good. Lots of options in a lovely dinning room with lots of space. Lots of friendly staff at hand.

Room Tip: Ask is there is a wedding or event on.. ensure if your not there to stay up late then get a room on the quite side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank theworldwise

Dear theworldwise

Thank you for posting your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be spacious and that it accommodated all your needs. It is unfortunate you did not receive a king bedded room, this was due to a large number of guests requesting the same room type. If we are aware that the guests staying are part of a function we do try and allocate the bedrooms near the function room, wherever possible. It is great to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and found the staff friendly. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Tudor Park when you are next visiting the area.