“Great break something for everyone”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
“Great break something for everyone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stayed for a couple of days to catch up with friends in the area. The hotel was lovely and the service from the staff helped to make the stay. We ate in the mezzanine area as we did not fancy a large meal and the team behind the bar Rico, Arun and Alasdair were attentive, welcoming and extremely helpful

The choice of facilities in the hotel were varied and although we did not try them all there was definately enough to keep anyone interested. 3 types of restaurant, a swimming pool and saunas, beauty rooms, golf course, veranda bar gyms and for those of us who liked to relax breakfast served untill11am!!!! Perfect and checkout not until 12:00

The feel is a little corporate but this makes it functional and any requests are handled efficiently and quickly everyone was accomodating. We would definitely stay here again. And the whole hotel is a great ambassador for the marriott brand

Room Tip: Explain any requirements you need, eg near to facilties, quite room. The hotel was very good pickin...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
Cardiff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a great afternoon/overnight stop here before a very early 4am departure for the channel tunnel. On check i asked what time breakfast was served and of course mentioned we would be leaving very early. They offered takeaway breakfast sandwiches including pastry, fruit, juices and coffee to take away. Superb start... We used the spa facilities which were great for the kids and then a lovely meal in the main restaurant. Great steaks and lovely fish & chips... Free bottle of wine with room and free wifi.

Room Tip: Book a suite for a family as they have junior suites with double sofa beds... Perfect for family wit...
Kent, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I booked this place for my mums birthday, there was a group of 5 of us in total... First impressions were really good as the Hotel is beautiful and the grounds looked amazing. The lady that met us a reception was great, she was so lovely and helpful and really did add to the experience - Good customer service goes such a long way! From what I remember by her name badge her name was Mirale.

So then we were taken to the lounge bar where we would be having our afternoon tea and it was at this moment my opinion changed. Maybe its just me I don't know, but when I think of Afternoon Tea I think of authentic china cute little tea cups and saucers, nicely patterned teapots to bring that homely cottage feel. Unfortunately we were given basic plain white and dare I say cheap looking tea cups, with stainless steal teapots... This may seem a bit picky but from my past experience of Afternoon Tea, that is what I received so I was disappointed when I didn't get it this time round. 3 out of 5 of us are veggies which I did warn the hotel about beforehand.... we had cheese and pickle and cream cheese and cucumber sandwiches - the cheese and pickle was really nice, the bread was lovely.... the cucumber and cream cheese was a bit boring but was okay. The meat eaters received Tuna and Ham sandwiches which they seemed to enjoy.

The cake selection was great, lots of choice from brownies, Jelly, Almond slices, and cheese cake to name a few there were a couple more and the scones were delicious I have to say!

Overall we had a nice time and we left full with food to spare and the food was nice so for that reason it was definitely good value for money.

I probably wouldn't return if I'm honest but only because when having afternoon tea I like a place to feel homely and have authentic crockery etc it just adds to the experience if you ask me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Current SE T, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Good afternoon from Tudor Park.
I appreciate your time and effort to share your experience of your recent Afternoon tea. I am delighted to read that you, your mum and your guests overall had a good time and that you found our employees to be friendly and attentive and that the Afternoon tea food offerings were to your liking. I have passed your kind comments on the relevant teams whom I know will be delighted as well. I have taken your comments in respect to the China on board and share your thoughts, that whilst white china is fine, a bit more colour would enhance the experience. Something for us to address in the future. Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
south coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had booked the romantic experiance for my partners birthday on a friday, it was very nice with a chilled bottle of bubbly in our room awaiting us and the room was of a good standard with a large comfy bed with lovely linen.Dinner was included and was also very nice, the only downside was only one choice of dessert on the table^dote menu, so if you had a nut alergy or just plain didnt like plums you were forced to buy off the al a'carte, which just seemed a bit "unnessesery" and pennypinching when everything else is a quality product.
Breakfast was equally of a good standard which we enjoyed after a nice swim in the pool.
I would recommend and use again, just a shame you were only a chocolate mousse away from 5 stars!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Al Ain, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for two night in July. The reception on check in was really welcoming and the staff were extremely helpful and kind. The hotel was set in lovely grounds with lots of rabbits in the gardens. Both rooms were really comfortable.

We did not have dinner but we did have breakfast which had a great selection of food.

Swimming pool area (indoors) was a really well maintained pool and my children really appreciated the swim....

We all had a really enjoyable stay and would definitely come back

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Falkirk, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here very recently for 3 nights while down in Kent to visit family. The reception staff were very welcoming and friendly. The hotel decor is very nice and the leisure facilities were great - we used the gym and the pool a lot. It was nice to sit out at the back of the hotel enjoying a drink and the nice gardens and view to golf course. We booked room only and were reluctant to pay £16 per head for breakfast so ate somewhere nearby. Only on the last day did we discover that you could get a cheaper breakfast at one of the bars in the hotel! So we had breakfast there on the last morning (we ate dinner in the bar one evening and it was very nice too). Our room was very clean and had everything we needed. On checkout, we had a small issue with the internet charges but reception staff were very helpful in sorting this out. We would certainly return to the hotel. Suggested improvements: more information in the room about the different menus/bars, free wifi (come on - loads of places have it now!), a lick of paint here and there around the skirting!

Room Tip: Might want to make sure you have air conditioning in summer months.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had a 2 night stay here last weekend and was very pleased with hotel. The room was comfy and clean and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a large cake that needed to be kept cool for the next day and they very kindly kept it in a fridge for me overnight. I also had a problem with the safe, as it wasn't working, so I reported it to reception and they said it probably needed batteries. When I got back from my evening out, I found they had put a brand new safe in the room.
There are only 2 niggles, one being that I wanted a swim, but was put off it by the way it was viewed by people on the way to the bar. Not everybody likes to be gawped at while they are swimming. The other thing is the Wifi. It is free in the outside bar area, but you have to pay an extortionate amount if you want Wifi in your room. In this day and age, when you can get wifi free in most places, the hotel should consider offering it free throughout the hotel. If the cheaper hotels like Premier Inn and Travelodge can do it, then the Marriott chain should be able to! When you are traveling on your own as I was, you don't always want to go and sit in the bar by yourself. I have ranked the hotel down just because of the Wifi.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Pancake1970
TudorPark M, Director of Operations at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Pancake1970,

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at Tudor Park, Marriott Hotel and Country Club. I am delighted to read that you were very pleased with our hotel, in particular the cleanliness and the friendly staff, which is something we pride ourselves upon. The way to the swimming pool is used as well by all Leisure members and our Spa guests and we have taken your comments on board for future reference. In respect to our WIFI offering I fully understand where you are coming from and I am pleased to inform you that there are discussions within our company to widen the offerings. Did you know that if you travel on a regular basis you can join our Marriott Rewards Loyalty programme at no cost which includes as one of its benefits free internet when reaching certain thresholds. We look forward to welcoming you again to Tudor Park in the near future.

Wim Beljaars
Director of Operations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham
Hempstead House Hotel and Spa
Bridgewood Manor - QHotels

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!