“Excellent Stay”

Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bearsted
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Long term stay (4 months) due to work commitments, thoroughly enjoyed and was made to feel very welcome by all the staff. Food was generally excellent.Nice country club feel due to the onsite golf course.

Room Tip: Rooms on lower floors have doors for outside access
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon S

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with family to visit Leeds Castle hotel was excellent food sublime steaks to die for had connecting rooms which was great as our kids are older teenagers they used pool and the gym only a few minutes drive to Leeds Castle also well worth a visit would definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Karen M, Guest Relations Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hi Michelle I
Thanks for the great review. We are delighted to read that the facilities we provide met with your family’s needs. We hope that if you are visiting the area again, you will come back to visit.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

From reservation over the phone, to check in and check out it was very smooth and professional.

Stayed with my wife and three children for one night. We stayed in a suite, which was well suited for our family. The dining room had a sofa bed which the hotel staff layed and dressed the sofa when ready to turn into a bed.

It was like from home to home. Our room had everything and was very spacious.

Swimming pool was warm and dressing rooms clean. The other gym facilities where great too.

The resutrant was very modern but has allot of character.
We had breakfast in the restaurant which was very nice and fresh.

Staff was great and very keen to help with anything.

Compared other places I have visited across the globe this place is indeed 5*

I would visit the hotel for business and a romantic getaway.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ManfredLdn

Dear Manfredldn

Thank you for posting your kind comments regarding your stay with us here at Tudor Park Marriott. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and that you would consider the hotel as 5 star. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We visited this hotel for a 2 night stay to attend a friends wedding nearby. I attempted to book this hotel on line but it would not allow me to book a room that sleeps 3 people (wife and daughter) so I contacted the central reservations team over the phone. This call lasted about 20 minutes as the man kept putting me on hold whilst he confirmed that they were able to put a roll away bed in the room. Once he had confirmed this was ok I paid for the room in full for both nights on the advanced booking rate. A week beofre the stay I contacted the hotel to to confirm that everything was ok and I was assured it was. When we checked in, again a confirmed with the guy that the room was for 3 people and that there was not costs outstanding which he assured me there wasnt so you can imagine my surprise when we received a letter under our door on our last morning with extra charges for the room.
The receptionist then explained it was for the roll away bed!!! I explained to her the painstaking way in which the room was booked and that at no time did anybody mention the extra fee for the bed. She said there was nothing she could do but she did notice I had been charged twice for the bed for both nights instead of just once!!! The bed in question was a camp bed at best and not comfortable at all. I would not recommend this hotel to families of 3.
The actual hotel was very nice, the liesure facilities were first class. Like most hotels chains, the prices for both food and drink were very high though (£15 for a buffet breakfast per person as an example)
To conclude, it was fine as a short term base but would not use the marriot chain again or recommend them after the deceitful way in which extra charges are applied.

Room Tip: If you are a family of 3 go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SheppeySpoon
M R, General Manager at Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us here at the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. It is regrettable that the charges applied where not mentioned at booking stage and that our receptionist provided the wrong information as well. Please be rest assured that I have taken this up with the Manager at our Reservation centre and my Front office Manager. I understand from my Front office Manager that only one night was charged rather than two. In light of your feedback and as a gesture of our good will, we would like inform you that we have refunded the other nights charges back to your credit card.
Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed here with my wife for an anniversary night away from the little toddler, and we had a very relaxing time.

It didn't get off to a great start with the room not being ready at check-in, but we got a couple of drinks vouchers without any fuss being caused. However, the delay was only 20 minutes, and when we got into the room we were very happy with the standard of it. Some people might find it a bit cheeky that you have to pay £15 for wifi, but given that we were there to relax it didn't bother us.

The gym was good and well-equipped. The pool is not huge, but big enough to swing a cat, so to speak. The steam/sauna facilities were decent, although the jacuzzi wasn't working when we were there. In terms of food and drink, there was a nice bar for drinks and chilling out. The restaurant had very friendly and efficient staff, and the food was delicious and of a reasonable price.

Thanks to our earplugs, we also had a good night's sleep, despite there being a wedding reception down the corridor. If you are hoping for a truly relaxing time, you should probably avoid having a room on the ground floor, and you should check if there are events going on.

Overall, it was a nice stay. Nothing to hugely rave about, as it was similar to virtually every other mainstream hotel of a decent standard, but there was also very little to moan about, and we've come away from it feeling better than when we first went in!

Room Tip: Not on ground floor when there's an event going on, e.g. wedding
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ali_tabari
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Great to read that you had a relaxing stay and made good use of our leisure facilities and enjoyed the atmosphere in the bar and restaurant. We hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Well we arrived on the 21st, it was my partners birthday and he had no idea that I had booked this until we arrived. I had booked in remotely but never received confirmation that the room was ready so I took a chance and turned up an hour earlier than official check in time, luckily the room was ready. I had notified on the virtual concierge of the occasion and we received a complementary upgrade to a room with a terrace overlooking the golf course. (155) It had bathrobes (but no slippers.) After we had returned from a day out and been cleaned on the following day, found a bottle of water in the bathroom. Not sure if this was free so left it as we had gone shopping for water anyway as we did not want to pay for the water out of the mini bar on the previous night. Was a little disappointed that I could not view my bill via the TV as the interactive service was not available. We ate in the dining room both nights and enjoyed both the food and hospitality from our waitress and waiter. Also had breakfast both mornings. The breakfast chef was a very charming man who told me he had only been with the company a couple of weeks. He was very proud to be working for Marriott and it shone through his smile.
Anyway, it was with a heavy heart that we left after 2 nights. Will look to hopefully return again in the future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Lovely Hotel with a nice friendly feel to it.
Spa was good and enjoyed the swimming pool .
Staff were friendly and the room very clean and comfortable.
The food we had was ok but not exceptional and price not great .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bearsted
Hilton Maidstone
The Spa Hotel
The Spa Hotel
#2 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!