“Nice restaurant overlooking the green.”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings, The White Horse - Maidstone serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Excellent food with special offers across the fairly extensive menu. Nice atmosphere with a lovely view across the village green/cricket pitch. Friendly helpful staff. A pleasure to dine there.

1  Thank Ian P
Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Hi Ian glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to The White Horse, you must say hello when you next visit us, i look forward to meeting you next time, m,any thanks simon

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

A party of 6 of us were stating at the Marriott and one of the crowd went on google to look for restaurants/pubs nearby, the White Horse came up, we rang for a booking and they were extremely busy but found us a table. What a lovely pub, food excellent, wine list, staff so friendly and a lovely atmosphere, would definately recommend this pub if you are visiting Bearstead, situated in a lovely village on a green.

Hi Carol, so happy we could fit you in on such short notice you must visit again when your next in Kent, do come and say hello when you next visit us,

many thanks

simon

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Living close to the Green I regularly visit The White Horse and I love it. The staff are always pleasant and helpful, Lynn (the waitress) is lovely, always smiling and very helpful. The Manager (Simon) is very courteous and always stops to say hello.

Overall experience at The White Horse is great, food is always fresh and very tasty and the atmosphere is relaxing and the views over the Green make it a worthwhile visit.

A must try.

Hi Kaz always a pleasure to see you, i hope the birthday plans go well,

see you soon

simon

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Thanks to Simon, Hannah and the team for a lovely meal last night. We were warmly welcomed and enjoyed our chats with the staff regarding the menu and choice of wine, The food presentation and quality were excellent - I am now determined to try and make the sea bass dish myself! The cheese board was ample for 2 to share and finished the meal nicely.
It is refreshing to meet a General Manager of a restaurant who is so enthusiastic in his work and this seems to rub off on the staff. I always think that the best recommendation I can offer is to say that -despite living 150 miles away - we will be back !

Hi it was a pleasure chatting with you on Saturday night I’m so glad you had a great time and enjoyed your visit, if you email the pub I can send you the recipe for the sea bass dish, I do hope you have time to visit again and you must come and see me when your next in Kent,

Many thanks

Simon

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I went here on my first date with my boyfriend so it will always hold a special place. We've been a few times since and it's always been pleasant. The bar staff are friendly and the atmosphere is quite nice. Typical kind of country pub with an open fire. We've only eaten in the bar itself once and not the restaurant area but it was nice enough. Would recommend for a quite drink.

Hi Rachel, when you have your first anniversary you must let me know so I can sort out a great table for you!! Glad to hear you have a great time, keep an eye out for our valentines offer next year!!

see you soon