“Great meal - but shame about the free coffee!”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings, The White Horse - Maidstone serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Trained in high-class cookery schools in Spain and Italy, the chefs bring a wealth of experience, and demonstrate knowledge of a breadth of classic and complex cooking techniques. Partnering with Rothschild wine merchants, guests can choose a bottle from the well-stocked cellar.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great meal - but shame about the free coffee!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We enjoyed a meal here at the end of May. The food and service were great as usual and we were asked to complete a survey which we duly did and consequently received a free coffee.
I only hope that this wasn't the same coffee offered to everyone who paid for their drink - it was dreadful - really weak. My husband had a double espresso and I had Americano - there was no difference between them! So White Horse - great marks for food and service but please get the barista to learn to make coffee.

• Visited May 2014
Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Veebeedee, many thanks for your comments we have just hired a barista who will be conducting coffee training as i agree with your comments you can not served poor or weak coffee it does not complete the meal. When you return please ask for me as it would be great to meet you

“Great meal, service and wine”
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The service here is fantastic always welcoming and find you a table even when it's extremely busy, the wine and cheese selections are great too! Quality food!!

Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thanks Mathew always great to see such great commenst i will pass on to the team once again many thanks
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Great traditional pub and wedding venue”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Have been here a few times for meals and have never been disappointed. The place has a nice atmosphere and amazing food. A family member recently got married here as well and it was such a lovely day. The garden was a beautiful setting and the meal we had after was perfect.

• Visited September 2013
Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi Natalie, it’s great to hear your feedback and I will pass on to the team that you had a great time. Please do come back for your first anniversary so we can make it special night for you again, and if your just popping in do ask for me to say hello, I look forward to seeing you soon,

Many thanks

Simon
Benfleet, United Kingdom
“Lovely Restaurant”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Brilliant place to eat, was a little busy when we got there but I think it added to the feel of the restaurant.
Food was amazing, and wasn't a bad price all together.

Visited April 2014
Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hi jade, many thanks for your generous comments I will pass them on to the team who will be delighted that you had such a good experience and enjoyed your visit. Do ask for me when you next pop in I do like to meet our guests when I can, once again many thanks
England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food & service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had a lovely meal here yesterday. The ribeye steak was beautiful. The only negative thing I feel I must mention is the smell coming from the toilet by the entrance to the car park. It was really strong & not nice. I know the pub gets really busy & this toilet must get used a lot, the toilets round the other side do not smell at all though.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank tripper3074
Simon H, Manager at The White Horse, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Tripper 3074 thank you for you feedback regarding the great food and service I was surprised to see your rating of 1 after you rated the food and service 5*, regarding your comments re the toilets at the car park entrance we have doubled the hygiene disposable pick up as that was the smell you refer to (not the toilets themselves) we have also had the room itself painted and being a baby changing room we have also provided several luxuries such as wipes, nappies, sanitizers, cotton wool wipes for our guest to use. I hope you like the changes when you return to visit. Do ask for myself as I do like to meet our guests and receive feedback,

many thanks