“County Club & Spa use”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“County Club & Spa use”
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

I treated myself and my daughter to a Spa day consisting of full use of the swimming pool, sauna & steam, a spa treatment (we both opted for a facial) and afternoon tea to top it all off.
Upon arrival a surly receptionist who couldn't even raise his head and give eye contact to new guests, that is a pet hate of mine and your made to feel as though its an effort or your interrupting something far more important!
The swimming pool was not particularly clean and nasty brown things floating about in the water was quite off putting, almost as though a child had been in with a dirt nappy (but that is my personal opinion ) there was dirt all around the steps, and a nasty scum line around the pool.
The changing room facilities were ok however there was a nasty odour similar to blocked drains - very unpleasant - running throughout.
The facials were very relaxing and the girls seemed to know their stuff.
We went upstairs to The Zest Bar (as directed by the girls at the Leisure reception area) to order the afternoon tea. As we arrived one member of staff was telling the other one that there was a booking for 2 ladies for afternoon tea, I announced it was for me. At that time leisure reception also telephoning up to the bar. We were told we were a little early and to take a seat. Ok so we were there 8 mins early, but the girl to take the order arrived 18 mins later' She asked what we would like to drink, could they not have done that when we arrived at the bar, as all we had done was leave reception, go upstairs, then back downstairs to where it all began! Surely it would be easier for the leisure reception girls to ask what you would like and phone it through????
The afternoon tea, poor standard and very disappointing. The cakes had quite clearly been mass produced, frozen then defrosted as needed, gloppy and flavourless with soggy pastry and nothing fresh. Scones were ok but no butter option and cheap tasting jam with flavourless cream, I wouldn't bother again.
This was not the day I had expected and for over £100. I would have spent my money elsewhere. For the Marriott Group I would have assumed a much, much higher standard.

1 Thank CaraC181

• Korean first
Ashford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Service -Spa day”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Booked a spa day with a treatment each for a party of 10 for a hen do. When we arrived at the hotel the reception staff hadn't sorted out our treatments so no one knew who was having what done at what time.when we asked if this could be sorted the lady made it seem like a big effort and made us feel like we was putting her out, even though we had called 2 weeks previous to confirm. We then went through to the spa, which was a communal pool area where a aerobics class had just finished which was not relaxing at all!
When one member of our party went to have her treatment she went to the reception to pick up a form and the lady behind the desk said to her that she had forgot to mention to us but they got our treatment times wrong and two people were actually meant to go through at 11:30 which left 10 minutes warning! If we hadn't of gone to reception we wonder if we were ever to be told.. She also mentioned that we was £32 short of paying for the overall cost. We had all payed half of the costs 2-3 months in advance of coming and we then all payed the other half on arrival.

When we was sitting in the jacuzzi she came through to remind us that someone had to go for the treatment they had booked in at the wrong time. We mentioned to her that we had all payed the full amount and she straight away told us it was fine and walked away and left it.
The hen was worrying and was not enjoying her relaxing spa day!

When I went through to have my treatment in my robe I knocked on the door to the beauty room and I got spoken to so rude and was basically asked what was it that i wanted. I told the lady I had a treatment and she told me to go back to reception to pick up my form we had to fill in about our health and to then come back up. I told her I was not happy to go back to reception to collect a form in my robe!! She rudely let me through and told me to wait in the beauty room foyer. When it was time for my treatment she asked me what I was having done and she said that there system said different so she would be back!
How difficult was their job to know what was going on?

We then all went for lunch at half 12 and had to wait ages to be served. We were still queuing whilst our other parties food was coming out. When we told the lady behind the bar she said our food would come out at different times as we was ordering at different times. But we was literally one after the other ordering at the bar!
When the food came which might I add was not cheap! 3 out of the 10 meals were missing main ingredients. We had to ask why they were not on the plate and we were told that they didn't have any left. No one told us this when the food was purchased or served!
Another two meals were exactly the same but one came out with Doritos crisps and the other with walkers crisps. They were advertised to come with vegetable crisps. When we questioned this we were told I think there's none left il go check. When she came back she had a bowl of the vegetable crisps and said maybe they weren't put on the plate cos not everyone likes them.
We explained to her that they were advertised on the menu as that!

We didn't get a sorry or anything for any of the inconvenience caused. It was that bad we left after lunch and didnt go back to the spa. It was meant to be a lovely experience for the hen who's hen party it was and we failed to give her that. We didn't want to ruin her day anymore by complaining so we didn't make a complaint but I feel like I should.
We felt like we was getting looked down on as we weren't members and felt very out of place.

But to end on a good note, I had a neck shoulder and back massage and it was lovely. That was the only good experience of the day.

1 Thank Katiep2690
kent
“fantastic spa day!”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I came with my friend for a spa day & we didn't want to leave! Great size pool (which was a perfect temperature!), a spacious sauna, along with a jaccuzzi and steam room. Lunch was also good & staff were all so polite and friendly. I had a back neck and shoulder massage which was bliss, and my friend had a scalp massage which she also enjoyed. By the time we left we were so chilled we could have floated out of there! A great day & we look forward to coming back again soon, thank you!

Visited May 2013
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Spa”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Came for a spa day. The massage I had was very nice and relaxing. We ate lunch in the restaurant and food was lovely and great value for money - big portion! Only downside was that there were not that many seat around the pool and so at one point I had to sit on the side of the pool to read my magazine. Also there are bits of lose tile (or clay?) around the floor from the rock sculpture which was not that appealing.

Gillingham Kent
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“A few disappointed hens.”
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

We chose to use this hotel hotel for my friends hen party as a spa day. Good location, good value for money but the rest...

We arrived at the hotel at about 10am. Being a group of 7, they told us that a therapist had called in sick and only 4 of us could get treatments. What? Being one of the ones that didn't get my treatment, I was very disappointed If not annoyed. The lady at the front desk had also told us that the jacuzzi was out of order too- she didn't seem apologetic or offer us any sort of compensation (ie a free round of drinks). We had booked through another company so she said we may be refunded a bit of the money... She also seemed to have a bit of an attitude. We decided to make the most of it though.

We went into the pool which was freezing, then sat by the poolside- we made little use of the sauna and steam room as it was so hot in both rooms. We went for our cream tea upstairs and it was lovely. They lavished us with cakes and sandwiches a plenty and the staff were outstanding! When we got back at 3pm, the jacuzzi was fixed which was good but by that time everybody jumped in as they had also been waiting all day.

We got back into the pool for a bit longer but were over taken by small children doing swimming lessons- so much for a relaxing day when they were screaming and splashing us whilst we were trying to swim!

We did get to see lots of tasty men auditioning for mr world though - excellent!

Overall, good and relaxing day but wasn't too happy with the broken jacuzzi and lack of treatments. Also, the receptionist wasn't the nicest of people in a customer facing role.

1 Thank Rosiita