“Spa Day”

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Bearsted
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Spa Day”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I bought a spa day for two from buyagift and were looking forward to having a massage each. On the morning of our day, we had been called to say that our treatments will be at separate times as one of the masseuses was not in. Without any apology or compensation offered, we really felt dissatisfied with this arrangement.

The staff were unenthusiastic, chewing gum, chatting about their plans for the weekend and uninterested in catering for myself and my partner. I expected to be treated with more care and attention than we were. I wondered whether it was because we were a young couple that we did not receive as much respect during the day.

We arrived and used the pool facilities which includes a tiny steam room, an average sized pool, a sauna (which we didn't use) and a jacuzzi which merely extended the pool and did not seem to be turned on. The atmosphere around the pool was dead.

Now being forced to take our treatments at different times, what was intended to be a relaxing day with my partner, resulted in spending 2 hours apart and half an hour together. We had to sit in the pool for an hour on our own while the other went for their massage. Not what I had intended or anticipated doing.

The restaurant didn't warrant spending the money so we left to go to eat in Bearsted. We paid £80 for a 2 and a half hour experience that really wasn't worth that price tag. Although the massage was nice, the service we received from the hotel overall was below standard for some where so highly respected. Please stay away from here if you are thinking about this spa day offer too.

• Korean first
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Spa day disaster”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I was given a pamper day voucher for 2 with 4 treatments included. Could only book 2 treatments as it was busy . Facial took place in a treatment room next to a studio with a class taking place - banging music and female shouting instructions. Total sham. Jacuzzi was not there. Apparently broke several months ago. So staff think thats acceptable as its no longer on the web site. Well, it was on the web site when my voucher was purchased and paid for. No feedback cards to leave my comments - box was empty. Used steam and sauna room and then was desperate for a drink. No cups. Told to go and get my own from the gym. The cups were pathetic tiny paper cones. Was promised staff would bring cups but they never appeared. My spa day turned into 3 hours 45 mins (that was including lunch!) gave up and went home. Wrote e mail complaint to director of leisure and was offered a cream tea in return! An insult. Especially as I live 50 mins drive so am hardly going to drive there for a cream tea. I replied and have heard nothing since. Do not spend money on a spa day here. It is shockingly bad.

1 Thank MHallFamily
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Cardio And Weights Room Very Good But Pool, Steam Room And Sauna Very Poor!!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I Have Been A Member Here For Over 5 Year's Now And I Go To The Gym 5 Times A Week and I Enjoy The Cardio Room And The Weights Room ( Maybe Some More Weights In The Room Would Be Better ) But After You're Workout The Showers Are Very Hot And Really Nice Can't Fault Them But As Soon As You Go Into The Pool It Is FREEZING!! And Has Been For A Long Time Now, Also The Steam Room And Sauna Are Way To COLD!! And Need To Be Hoter With More Steam.

I Have Spoken To 3 Different Members Of Staff About These Issues And All 3 Members Of Staff Said They Can't Do Any Think About It, Its Not There Job!! Then I Said Will It Be Fixed Soon, And The Staff Said We Don't Know, I Find That Very Rude And Disappointing Because EveryBody That Goes To The Gym Here Like's To Relax In The Pool, Steam Room Or The Sauna Afterwards But It's Not Very Nice When Its All FREEZING!!

You Would Think That The Gym Facilities In a 4 Star Hotel Would Be Brilliant But These Issue's Let The Hotel Down!!

Gillingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“spa day”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Myself and my grown up daughter, had a spa day birthday gift voucher,
Everything was lovely, we had a swim, sauna and steam room session,
my daughter had a massage, which she enjoyed, i had a manicure, first time ive had that done, the girl i think is called louise Dennis was lovely, chatty and very friendly, plus my nails look good too. We had lunch after that, overlooking the golf course,
can"t fault anything.

1 Thank maria s
Rochester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Spa Evening”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked a Spa evening for my friends birthday and this was very recent. I paid £70 in total for us both and if I am being honest we both weren't impressed......the best bit was the massage that we both had, we cant fault that one bit (the woman on the front desk in the Leisure area was lovely and so was the lady who did our massage) I had problems from the day I booked the Spa evening. Once I had paid for it and booked it, I got a phone call later that day saying that they had doubled booked us so asked if I could change the date, obviously I did as had no choice. I paid for postage and packaging for the voucher to be delivered so I could give this to my friend and I never received this...I called them and they said that it gets sent through email, so why did I pay for the P&P??....then just over a day before we were going to the Spa, I got a call from the hotel saying that the woman that would be doing our massage was finishing at 5 (considering the Spa evening was from 5pm-9pm) so would it be possible to go earlier at 4pm, this caused a few problems as had childcare and work to sort out.....once we got there and had our massage, which I said before was fab, we were then informed the Jacuzzi wasn't working as the ceiling above it was being repaired, and when we got to pool, there was a children's swimming lesson taking place! as you can imagine, this wasn't very relaxing, as that is what a Spa is supposed to be all about....and for that reason, we decided to only stay down by the pool for about half an hour (we spent it in the sauna and steam room as there wasn't anywhere else to go) we got changed and headed to the bar upstairs for our glass of champagne (this came in with the spa package) to which we were then informed their fridges weren't working so had to give us a small bottle (enough for 1 glass each) in a bucket full of ice and water....we then decided to get some food, to which was expensive (£9.50 for an omelette) and give them their due it was tasty. But when we came to pay for the food, my friend paid on her card and then I did, but the card machine then broke so I had to manually give my details, and they were then going to take the money from my account at a later date, once the machine was fixed....my friend then realised the following day that they have charged her not only for her food, but mine as well!
So basically I feel this experience wasn't too great and I think they were very unprofessional and they certainly didn't meet mine and my friends needs.....I wouldn't do another Spa at this hotel again....

2 Thank amy g