“Easter dinner was brilliant and service was excellent”

The Rose Inn & Delhi Spice
Ranked #5 of 14 Restaurants in Bearsted
Cuisines: Indian, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked in at Easter for a large group, I was nervous to book as I read the previous messages but I am glad I booked it in the end as I had an excellent service as well as fantastic food. The manager explained to me that it is not an average Indian restaurant and the food gets freshly prepared so service will be slightly longer than other restaurants, He was right and spot on. I will recommend the lamb mushroom with garlic rice. Overall excellent, we will return

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I came here a week ago for dinner with my other half and it was okay but nothing special. The food was edible but not brilliant. I had vegetable korma which was quite runny but tasty. My boyfriend had chicken dupiaza which he had asked if it came with a lot of sauce and was told it did. He ordered it and was left with a meal that was pretty dry. It seemed very quiet in there and not sure about the way it is laid out. You can hear the music from the bar which for me is too loud and not appropriate although my boyfriend seemed to enjoy it!

Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The place is the same as I left it...
The people are very welcoming, the ambient also cheerfully, but the food.... THE FOOD IS JUST GREAT!

I love spice food and Dheli Spice is just the place where you should ask for spice and/or hot food!

The staff here are actually very polite and the manager always is paying attention to all the customers and he's very kind and polite!

The music is on my taste and the fireplace behind me is just the right thing for my mood!

I will definitely come back!

1  Thank Eduard C
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent services, delicious food, warm and welcoming ambient/atmosphere!!

Definitelly I will be back here, soon!!

2  Thank Carmen Maria M
Reviewed 23 March 2014

As a local family we chose to dine out at Delhi Spice, where fantastic restaurants like the White Horse and Oak on the Green were also available. We had heard mixed reviews but understood the food was good. We ordered promptly. Just mains, no starters. Almost 2 hours later our food arrives, cold. Needless to say we were not impressed, when we sent the food back the waiters seemed upset with us for kicking up a fuss, but again we had to then wait for our meals. The manager was very polite with our complaint, however we will not be coming back! Looks like we'll be going to the pubs/restaurants on the Green next time!!

2  Thank Olivia O