“Delicious Vietnamese Food at a Very Good Price”
Review of Pho Nhu Vu

Pho Nhu Vu
Ranked #12 of 80 Restaurants in Bear
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Monterrey, Mexico
“Delicious Vietnamese Food at a Very Good Price”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

On several job trips I had to Newark DE, I have visited this place like 10 times and it is one of my favorites in the city, the service is quick so you can easily go there in your lunch time and of course on dinner, they offer some tea or water as a courtesy when you arrive and if it is OK for you, you may not need order something else to drink.

I like from there the bowls of noodles, Steak pho, chicken pho, the vermicelli plates too, the pho plates come with bean sprouts, jalapeño pepper, cilantro mint, resulting a tasty and fresh dish to enjoy, I specially like the peanut sauce they use in some plates like the summer rolls (don't miss them) and drink the Iced tea with boba (tapioca) or coconut juice.

if I ever go back there i won't miss the oportunity to visit them.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Pedro M

DE
“Great Pho!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The service is very quick - you can be in out within a hour.
I always get the beef pho and occasionally the summer rolls.
The Thia Icetea is good and the coffee which has a great sweet
cream. Highly recommend the pho ! if you haven't tried it, venture out and give it a try !! you will be hooked

Visited October 2012
2 Thank DeAdventure2
Newark, Delaware
“One of the Worst Places For Food(?)”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

Eating at Pho Nhu Vu shows you that Delawareans will eat any kind of crap that you put in front of them, think it is good and pay for it too. Having been born and raised in NYC, where i also trained and worked as a chef, I have had numerous experiences with the typical Delaware restaurant. (Cr)Applebee's and Famous Dave's are a gustatory delight when compared to Pho Nhu Vu. Even the more typical Chinese buffet would have been a pleasure and the food in them bears little resemblance to true Chinese food. My husband, while having been raised in Scotland, can also recognise garbage when it is served to him. We chose our one and only visit as take away.

Having just eaten earlier in the week at Philadelphia's Vietnam Restaurant, we were in the mood for more Vietnamese food. Enter Pho Nhu Vu. It was close by and had some radically mixed reviews. Not for no reason, as we found out the hard way.

We had beef stuffed grape leaves at $5.95 for five of them: we were given 4. This dish is usually stuffed with lamb. They are not worth even $2.00. They were accompanied by an insipid sauce. We both had the brisket and steak pho, for $7.95 each. They give you the skimpy thin sliced meat raw: you get to mix it into the pitifully small amount of noodles cilantro and onions. A separate bag contains the tiny wedges of lime and what appeared to be very old bean sprouts and what seemed to be some tired mint. The broth has very little taste to speak about: perhaps they waved a star anise above it for flavour. the broth was hot enough to "cook" the meat though.

To summarise: drive into Philadelphia and get real Vietnamese food. Don't waste your hard earned money and upset your stomach by eating at Pho Nhu Vu. You don't have to be a lemming Delarwarean.

Milton, DE
“The place for Pho!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Went to Nhu Vu at their new location in Middletown, DE. Greeted by friendly staff and seated fast. They have a very large selection of Pho so I ordered Steak Pho noodle soup with tendons which I have never tried before. The hot Pho broth was a wonderful complex flavor with plentiful noodles, topped with scallions, onions, beef and tendons. The garnishes for the Pho (basil, saw grass, bean sprouts, peppers and lime) were all fresh and were fun to added to the Pho. For only $1.00 more I ventured for the large bowl but should have stayed with the regular size which is still very generous. Middletown is about an hour away from Lewes, DE but well worth the drive for their amazing Pho. Looking forward to returning soon!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Beachbumretired
Aberdeen, Maryland
“This place is just plain awesome for Pho”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I live in Maryland and every so often I take a trip up Route 40 through Delaware and I ALWAYS make time to stop and eat lunch at Pho Nhu Vu. This place is so good. I moved to the area from NYC and have enjoyed some very authentic Vietnamese restaurants up there, but was so happily surprised to have a Pho place in the vicinity.

I can only comment on what I've ordered which is consistently the Vietnamese spring rolls and Pho Tai (steak Pho). Love the spring rolls, packed with glass noodles and mushrooms and carrots and maybe even some pork...these do not come with lettuce leaves and mint leaves, like I've had at other restaurants, but they are still good, and served with a wonderful Nuoc Cham (rice-vinegar-and-chili-pepper) dipping sauce.

I usually get Pho Tai, which is the steak Pho. The broth is killer. I could drink that all day long. I like the ratio of noodles and meat, so I don't alter it, I just order it and dump in the entire plate of sprouts/basil/jalapenos. Squeeze the limes in and a couple shots of the hot sauce on the table, and it's pretty perfect Pho.

I wasn't completely enthused with their meatballs, but they seemed a bit dense to me. It was mostly the consistency. Otherwise, all is good. I will definitely be back to try other kinds of their Pho.

The service is always great, not overbearing and not absent. A gem of a place with very reasonable prices hidden in a row of stores in Bear!

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank 1987porsche944

Been to Pho Nhu Vu? Share your experiences!