“Good Time”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a fun place to go particularly with a group on a warm night. Usually have good entertaingmen out on the dech and the food and atmosphere are good as well.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We were half way through our drive from southern Virginia to upstate NY...time for lunch and absolutely no desire for turnpike rest-stop or drive-through stuff. A quick smart-phone check while just 10 miles south of Delaware Memorial Bridge came up with Aqua Sol...what a fantastic find!

It's located in a marina--lots of big $ boats, so we felt increasingly confident that we were in for a treat. We had a bit of a view of the water, some boats, lots of trees, and a railroad trestle.

Since it was winter (January) and early (11:30-ish) we had the place to ourselves. So glad they were open. We had the conch fritters (nicely presented, tasty), a 1/2 order of the Seafood Moqueca, and a big ole Lamb Cheese-steak.

The Moqueca was a just-the-right-size for lunch serving of shrimp, clams, scallops and other seafood in a light coconut, cilantro, and lime broth over rice. Delicious. I could do shots of the sauce! My Cheese-steak was out of this world. Definitely too big for lunch...and I ate every bit of it. Slow roasted leg of lamb (chipotle and garlic seasoning), pickled peppers, and just enough provolone béchamel sauce to pull it all together. It comes wrapped in Naan...perfect heft and texture to hold this monster sandwich without becoming a mess! Side of sweet-potato fries was one of the best I've had, plus a bit of a bright (no mayo) slaw provided a great accent.

We could easily see timing our next trip through the area to accommodate stopping again for lunch. Service (Barb) was impeccable...great suggestions, attentive without being intrusive.

Appetizer, lunches, shared desert, two cocktails (and just a coffee for the driver, thank you!) plus tip ran $65. More expensive than Wendy's? Yep. Treat yourself to a nice break...you're worth it!

2  Thank Mark_D_Bowers
Reviewed 28 December 2012

I live nearby and finally tried this place. Ate at the bar, not at a table. A really relaxed place with lots of local regulars. The bartenders knew everyone and were nice and made great recommendations. The food was very good, was cooked nicely and the prices were reasonable. I imagine this place would get very crowded in the summer boating season. Overall we had a great experience and i would go back.

Reviewed 25 November 2012

We (2) originally visited Aqua Sol over Labor Day Weekend and were pleasantly surprised by the food and service, though our reservation was not exactly followed as made (see my previous review, "Surprisingly Good, with a Caveat" from September 1, 2012). All dishes were delicious, our server was incredibly attentive even through a very busy on-season night, and we found the value superb for the service. We especially enjoyed the paella, teriyaki salmon, and bacon-wrapped asparagus, though we also had (and liked) the texas pork moo shu appetizer and conch fritters.

We returned in early October for lunch, this time on the patio, and again enjoyed fantastic service and delicious food. We especially enjoyed the vegetarian flatbread appetizer and the cuban sandwich, though we also had (and liked) the mushroom risotto and skate entree. The chipotle brownie was delicious and more than large enough for two.

Our most recent visit was a dinner for four at the very end of October. The service was still good even though it was clearly a dead, mid-week off season night, and the food was still delicious though not quite as amazing as the first two visits (we had two of the same side dishes, the bacon-wrapped asparagus and the conch fritters, and it honestly just tasted like there was a different chef working that night). We especially enjoyed the red snapper entree.

The service has been consistently great with three different servers, and the food is always delicious if not incredible. We love their extensive wine/beer and cocktail list (especially the mojitos) and their seasonal changes to the menus, and their Chef's Recommendations on the menu never disappoint. We'll be back!

1  Thank Nicole S
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I love going to aqua sol, I have never been disappointed, instead I am happily surprised by their creations every time I go. I try a special almost every time I go, it is also nice that often they will let you get a half portion of a meal.

1  Thank SuzannefromDE