“Fun Toddler Birthday Parties”

Hullabaloo Amusement Center
Ranked #4 of 10 things to do in Bear
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We have held 2 toddler birthday parties at Hullabaloo Amusement Center. The 1st was my daughter's 2nd birthday (Sept. 2010) with 10 friends. They had fun running around and playing in the soft play area. They loved climbing, zip lining, shooting balls, sliding, ect. It was so much better than cleaning my house up and having all of those kids running around my house (it was too cold outside to play). The next year (2011) we did the same thing and none of the parents complained that it was at the same locations. This year we plan to have my son's 2nd birthday there. The staff has always been friendly and helpful during our party experiences.

Yes there are some cons (not too much space for parents to sit and not many arcade games but we were hosting a toddler party) but when you all party going kids nap on the way home you know you have a .... WINNER!

We have also visited several times each year (2010-current) for the kids to burn off energy especially during the cold months or rainy days.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I find the other reviews a little harsh, so I will try to neutralize it a bit. Nice indoor playground for your kids, esp. in the winter. It's safe, enclosed, fully padded, spacious, ample seating, and clean for a good price. I don't mind the "bad" food (as claimed by others) so much, one can always pack a sandwich or cereal bar so it's not a big deal. Wi-Fi would be nice, but don't most people have that on their phones already? The arcade is obviously a supplement to their main feature and not the attraction.

1  Thank DesM831
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I had my daughter's 3rd birthday party here and it was a very pleasant experience. The only negative comment I have is that one of her friend's parents brought his little sister, who was a baby that was barely crawling. The center charged me for the baby! I vaguely remember something in the fine print saying they would charge for any child under 54 inches so I didnt complain, but I think that is really nickle and diming you since the baby didnt play on the equipment or eat the food, why would she count?

Other than that, the staff was attentive, the place was clean, the food for the kids was good (pizza or hot dogs), and it above all it was reasonably priced (~$165 for 11 kids for 2+ hours).

1  Thank AngelUSF
Reviewed 11 January 2011

First of all I do have to agree that this place is still under progress it's very new so I am understanding to that. It's a nice place to go on a rainy day and just let my 4 yr old run his lil' heart out.....it's not too impressive but it works.....heres my problems....I visited Hullabaloo in December, 2010 right around the holidays, I've already visited Hullabaloo before, and was back again, but my experience in December has lead me to write this review......It was not crowded (which was nice) BUT the lady running the place had her kids with her, two older girls, they were running around the place the whole time like they owned the place. In and out of snack bar with drinks and snacks...at one point we needed change and couldnt find anyone, we looked in the "party rooms" and there was the worker, the snack bar attendant and the two girls having a lil dining part of their own. When we finally did get someone out there were got our change asap but then comes the snack bar....they straight up had Pats Pizzeria there and it was old and stale and the snack bar attendant said they could order pies but it would take 20 minutes.....I couldve did that myself..i dunno, just thought that was a lil "ghetto"... and a TON of their arcade games were out of order so that arcade section was particularly pathetic.....so finally when it was about 30 mins before closing the workers and the girls started cleaning and picking up for the day. The girls were cleaning up the balls and when my son and other kids went to play with them one of the girls yelled at them to stop playing with the balls....they didn't close for a whole 1/2 hr. I thought that was definitely not fair and neither did any of the other parents there that day. Based on my last experience I will NEVER GO BACK...EVER! It was despicable....

5  Thank bikergirl024
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I had to respond to the only other review on here about Hulabaloo because it's unfair.
Hulabaloo isn't the most polished, feature rich place to take your kids but the upside is worth the visit.
The main apparatus kept my daughter occupied with other kids for several hours.
The arcade games are sparse and can get expensive.
The food needs work too but the ice cream selection was adequate for kids.
I think they need Wi-Fi for adults and a better selection of arcade games.
Some homemade food would be a welcome addition.
They just need to focus on keeping the adults happy too cause kids are easy to keep occupied. If groups of Parent's can congregate with decent food & amenities then they'll gladly drag their kids along :)
I know i would.