“Best wedding ever!”
Review of Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
Addy Sea
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was married at The Addy Sea in June 2013 and wanted to thank Maggie, Tiffany, Jason and everyone at The Addy who helped make our 3-day wedding the happiest time of our life. Maggie made the process so easy for me -- and I don't think I was the easiest bride to work with! Everything went as we planned -- better than we hoped for. Maggie allowed us to have a 'mid-week' intimate, family-only wedding (I believe it was the first time the Addy Sea allowed a mid-week wedding) and we could not have asked for anything better -- even the weather was perfect. My husband and I had stayed at The Addy before our marriage a few times and when it came time to pick a venue, it was our first choice. I there are any 'brides to be' out there who are looking for a location on the beach to get married I suggest you call The Addy NOW -- the dates fill up very quickly and you will know why after you see the beautiful wedding that the Addy and staff have to offer. Thanks to all of you again -- and see you at our 6 month anniversary! Donna

Room Tip: I strongly suggest any couple getting married at The Addy Sea take the room in the back. Although y...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Donna K

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had two wonderful nights at the Addy Sea. Great receptionists and everyone so helpful.

Peggy in the kitchen, cooked us a great breakfast and was really fun to talk to. The other guest were very jolly and chatty. They all felt we were very lucky to have come across this Inn, so well done tripadvisor!!! Good job.

Our room (1) was huge and and a great bed, pity that the sheets weren't all cotton, they must be hot in full summer.

The beach is wonderful, with great Atlantic rollers. The town is good fun with all sorts of shops, I really like Yuppy Puppy.

The only downside is that the decor is very Victorian. Now, I know that this is the theme but you can really over do nylon lace, swirly carpets, chintz and general fake Ingres portraits. The problem is it quickly looks tired. The wood glazing is chipped and the wallpaper is the things nightmares are made of.

However we did have a great time.

Room Tip: Room 1 was big and a side view of the sea
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

As you could guess with three previous visits to the Addy Sea we Love it.

It is a true gem. A 1900's beach house turned into a fantastic B&B.

Coffee, tea, water, and sodas available all the time. Beach chairs and towels are there for your use.

Finally, one of the best breakfasts I've had that I didn't have to make.

Yes we will be back!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at the Addy Sea for three nights recently and the experience was 98% incredible. The location was amazing, with ocean views and a short walk down a private-access path to a great beach location. The Victorian House was beautiful and well-maintained, with a quirky room-by-room situation, but lots of charm. It had a great wrap-around porch with lots of comfortable seating for reading, wine tasting, eating or relaxing.

In our room, for instance, the toilet was in one corner closet, the shower was in another corner closet, and the sink was in a third corner. The space for each was a bit tight, but the fourth corner - an unbeatable view of the beach and ocean - made it all worthwhile.

The breakfasts were delicious and there was plenty of variety. A nice bonus was a packed lunch (usually chef's choice or your choice between two types of sandwiches) that - if requested - would be in the refrigerator next to the kitchen by noon each day with your room number on it.

Our hosts were very friendly and the cleaning staff quick and thorough.

The only things that keep me from giving this bed and breakfast the highest of ratings were a couple of small incidents that could have been avoided if I had known some of the more esoteric rules. First, how was I to know that opening the windows while the air conditioning was on (and it is always on) would lead to some major condensation dripping from the ceiling vents? I appreciated the note left in my room advising me of this, but did you also have to seek me out by calling for "Room 6" and let me know I had made a mistake (that I didn't know about) in front of other guests in the lobby? Regarding that other rule, how was I to know that the owner takes his breakfast at the nice cast-iron table on the porch just off the kitchen? Perhaps a little "reserved" sign would mitigate the need for you to ask me - after I've just gotten settled with morning coffee and paper - to relocate.

But, with those minor complaints aside, this was an outstanding experience and one that I would gladly repeat (especially now that I know more of the rules). The people - staff, owners, other guests - were wonderful and the house itself was close to perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

A great location right on the beach and in walkable distance from the Bethany board walk. I recomend one of the beach front rooms for a front row seat to the a great ocean view that will make you forget that you don't have a tv in the room.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Nport82
Reviewed 9 June 2013

A wonderful place - be sure to reserve one of the ocean front rooms - set right on the beach. Watch the sunrise, then enjoy a delicious breakfast and then head back to the beach for a walk, read or just enjoy the sun & sand!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AR R
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed at the Addy Sea last June and would definitely go back. Very relaxing. The location, right on the beach (but away from the noise of the shops on the tiny boardwalk down the road), can't be beat. We found the rooms clean and the staff friendly. Loved lounging in the shade on the big porch. Breakfasts were very good as are the snacks in the p.m. They have beach chairs, etc. for use and a cooler stocked with cold beer and other drinks on the porch for guests. Perfect after a day on the beach, bike riding, shopping, or whatever you end up doing. We love our kids, but it was a nice getaway without them (no kids allowed here...they would be bored, no TV or video games, yay!)

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms on an upper floor, so we had a view of the ocean and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Fenwick Inn
Fenwick Inn
#23 of 104 in Ocean City

Been to Addy Sea? Share your experiences!