“On the Water” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Addy Sea

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bethany Beach
Addy Sea
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“On the Water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

We stayed at the Addy Sea during the March Blizzard. They opened the liquor cellar for us. We were there with three other couples and we had a blast. This is the oldest structure on Bethany Beach and it is charming. The rooms are comfortable and clean with breakfast included. You can walk right out to the water and also into the small town.

Room Tip: rooms 6 and 7 have a great water view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Larry62NewJersey

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've stayed at the Addy a few times in the past 8 years (you can't beat watching the sun or moon rise from your bed!) but I was disappointed in the breakfast this time. Gone were the wonderful breakfast casseroles I remember, just scrambled eggs with cheese each day, what seemed like reheated pancakes from frozen. The brownies at tea tasted "freezery" too. The cheesecake tasted cheap like Sara Lee. As it was a cold week, some freshly made oatmeal, whole grain breads and whole fruits would have been nice for those of us who like to eat healthily. Also, 90 minutes instead of 60 for breakfast availability would be nice, it's a rush on vacation to get what should be a leisurely meal in. It's the little luxuries that are important and it seems like the Addy Sea is scrimping on them. The manager/staff scrimp on smiles too, which would go a long way in making visitors feel welcome. Sometimes I had the feeling I was being tolerated instead of welcomed. Will I still go there, surely, I just hope the place isn't in a steady decline.

Room Tip: Upstairs, all front rooms have heavenly views of the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank 53449Traveller
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We headed to Bethany Beach in the winter- how odd does that make us? We love the beach no matter the season and we researched B and B's in the Bethany Beach area. As soon as we saw the pictures on-line, we knew we had to go.

From the initial emails to the check-in to the awesome gourmet breakfasts, it was just a totally relaxing time away from the rat race. So many rooms to choose from, so little time.

We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There is only one room that has a TV, room 12. Great big bathroom with jacuzzi tub but no shower; t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank milkglassmaven56
Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We had won a charity auction for 2 nights at this B&B and decided to use it for a romantic weekend away in December when my husband was going to run the Rehobeth Marathon. We were in the only room with a television, though we never ended up turning it on. It had its own bathroom, which we prefer. The bathroom had a large jetted tub, but no shower (there was a handheld shower in the tub). The room was very charmingly decorated. We enjoyed talking to the staff and the Innkeeper, who were all very kind and friendly. The breakfast was excellent, and the breakfast room tables were beautifully set. The location is right on the beach, practically, and I only wish the weather had been nicer. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Addy Sea is still the best B&B we've ever stayed in. My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary and it was perfect. Right on the beach, it's an amazing location to get out of our head and just relax. We had a lovely, clean room with a jacuzzi. We were walking distance from the small downtown area where the restaurants are. The owners were great - they provided us with beach towels, chairs, etc. and an awesome old-style breakfast with fresh fruit, oatmeal, eggs, homemade muffins, bacon, you name it. Definitely going back next year!

• Stayed June 2013
Chevy Chase, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was married at The Addy Sea in June 2013 and wanted to thank Maggie, Tiffany, Jason and everyone at The Addy who helped make our 3-day wedding the happiest time of our life. Maggie made the process so easy for me -- and I don't think I was the easiest bride to work with! Everything went as we planned -- better than we hoped for. Maggie allowed us to have a 'mid-week' intimate, family-only wedding (I believe it was the first time the Addy Sea allowed a mid-week wedding) and we could not have asked for anything better -- even the weather was perfect. My husband and I had stayed at The Addy before our marriage a few times and when it came time to pick a venue, it was our first choice. I there are any 'brides to be' out there who are looking for a location on the beach to get married I suggest you call The Addy NOW -- the dates fill up very quickly and you will know why after you see the beautiful wedding that the Addy and staff have to offer. Thanks to all of you again -- and see you at our 6 month anniversary! Donna

Room Tip: I strongly suggest any couple getting married at The Addy Sea take the room in the back. Although y...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donna K
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We had two wonderful nights at the Addy Sea. Great receptionists and everyone so helpful.

Peggy in the kitchen, cooked us a great breakfast and was really fun to talk to. The other guest were very jolly and chatty. They all felt we were very lucky to have come across this Inn, so well done tripadvisor!!! Good job.

Our room (1) was huge and and a great bed, pity that the sheets weren't all cotton, they must be hot in full summer.

The beach is wonderful, with great Atlantic rollers. The town is good fun with all sorts of shops, I really like Yuppy Puppy.

The only downside is that the decor is very Victorian. Now, I know that this is the theme but you can really over do nylon lace, swirly carpets, chintz and general fake Ingres portraits. The problem is it quickly looks tired. The wood glazing is chipped and the wallpaper is the things nightmares are made of.

However we did have a great time.

Room Tip: Room 1 was big and a side view of the sea
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,931 reviews
Meris Gardens
Meris Gardens
#3 of 3 in Bethany Beach

Been to Addy Sea? Share your experiences!