“Very enjoyable stay!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bethany Beach
Dublin, Virginia
“Very enjoyable stay!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

We are members of Holiday inn franchise and stay with Express frequently. This one is above average and very nice!! Staff is fabulous and very hotel is very comfortable and quiet!! I would recommend this highly

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ibelkins2
Fred T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear "Ibelkins2" We truly appreciate you for taking the time to write a GREAT review about your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, We also would like to thank you for being a loyal customer to the IHG Brand. We go above and beyond to make sure each and every guest feel at home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my mom and grandmother for a beach weekend from sept 13th-16th. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff very helpful and welcoming. They pointed us in the right direction to get to the beach and even offered to help me connect my nook to the wireless (I ended up buying a boom instead so I didn't need assistance but it was a nice offer). My grandmother enjoyed the hot breakfast and the coffee was great. We also appreciated the lemonade in the lobby. It's a nice touch. The beach was an easy walk for my mom and I however it wouldn't have been easy for my grandmother or for someone with alot to carry or kids as the access is not directly across the street. But it's still in a good location. I'd also add the lady running the breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning was not very pleasant. However when we saw her Monday morning before we checked out she seemed more pleasant and happy. Not sure if she just was having a hard time with the busier days but you could definitely see a difference in her attitude towards guests Monday morning. Overall staff were nice and accommodating and extra friendly which is what you look for in a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank mcmsw12
Fred T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Mcmcw12

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very happy that you found our hotel to be a surprise and we appreciate your positive comments. Our location and the surrounding area are definitely a plus for our hotel and our guests, We are also glad that the whole family enjoyed the wonderful breakfast, The location to the public beach access is about 5-6 minutes walk, but if your taking beach chairs & umbrellas, We advise each guest to maybe drive down to the beach access to unload then drive back to the hotel parking lot since there's no parking at the beach. Also I would like to apologize for the attitude of the breakfast bar attendant, I just believed that she was little overwhelmed that morning, But She's such a wonderful lady.

Thank you again..
Wellington NZ
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had just one night at this hotel as part of our road trip. The Hotel was above expectations, rooms clean and tidy, great, quite location easy walk to beach. Free breakfast was great, freshly cooked eggs sausage and omlette. Staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bob52
Fred T, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear Bob52, Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, I am glad that you found our accommodations to your satisfaction.
The ladies in breakfast bar are excellent when it comes to keeping all the breakfast food fresh and warm.Hopefully next year you and your family will stay longer.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We recently stayed the Holiday Inn and had a great stay. We found the rooms to be very nice and very clean. The maid staff was great and made sure they introduced themselves in case we needed anything,. The breakfast was very good every am and it you chose to eat in your room you could take it to your room. Every night there was lemonade with fruit and cookies. I have no complaints about our stay...it was near all the places we frequent when we go to Delaware. Desk staff was very nice and helpful also. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a king executive room and it was very nice, Great set up for computers etc.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank nifteefiftee
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us,We are always pleased to receive acknowledgment of such a positive nature. Each and every team member at the Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach makes huge effort to speak to every guest that they come across. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a very good weekend at this property. You will appreciate the little details - an informative guide book in the room, Bath & Body Works shampoos and conditioner, cookies and lemonade in the lobby, clean pool. The breakfast was plentiful - lots to choose from, and food was kept coming when it ran out. One very nice feature was the shower at the pool which they allowed us to use even after we checked out, so that we could spend a few hours at the beach before going home.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Alina K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
We are very happy you found our property so be such a good value and enjoyed all of our amenities and little extras we put out for our guests. We hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed here in late august - the water was cold but the prices still rivaled that of holiday inn resorts and really nice holiday inn and suites locations that are actually ON a beach.

The hotel was ok, but not great. For example:

1. Room smelled terrible - we were informed this is because of calking being done to exterior of the hotel, but not to worry, it isn't toxic. That was no consolation when paying $200+ a night for a room you don't want excuses, you just don't want it to smell. If they charge high rates they should do the caulking at times when people are not staying there.
2. It's not on the beach, and there is no free parking at the beach, so you have to drag all your stuff and kids about two blocks to get there, just going there and back is a workout you will not enjoy.
3. Lifeguards shoo you from the closest part of the beach because it belongs to Sea Colony.
4. I didn't get points of my stay, it counted as a 'non-qualifying stay' although I booked through IHG website, probably because the manager did me a favor and moved my stay date back a day. I say did my a favor because this hotel normally does not let you book just one night or cancel unless it is far in advance. (I guess this is because they know that once you stay there one night you'll realize it's worth it to stay at the much nicer holiday inn's with oceanfront views in Ocean City).

But despite all of what I said I didn't give it a poor rating because at least the customer service was good. The manager was helpful, I had to move my stay due to unforseen issues, and he decided to be nice about it, the front desk lady came up to the room immediately to helped us when we asked for something, etc.

Anyway, I am pretty picky as I'm used to staying in $200+ a night hotels, so although I was dissapointed it might be fine for you, the hotel isn't that bad other than stuff like what I mention above.

It was clean, that's why I gave it average instead of poor.

As a side note, if like me you have only one day and wanted to decide between staying at Bethany Beach vs Ocean city, go with Ocean City. I have stayed one day in each beach in DE, Rohoboth (stinks - literally, on the day I went there was a lot of smelly algae in the water), Bethany (ok beach, almost exactly like Ocean city minus the boardwalk and convenience of being able to stay right on there), Ocean city (most convenient for families with kids for whom it is not practical to walk far), so OC is the best. I understand this is a matter of opinion, but in my opinion OC was twice as good, for the same price, it wasn't a close call.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BWaffleLover
Alina K, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for being open about your personal preferences. While some guests prefer the activity packed beaches further to the south, others enjoy quieter locations. We are glad we were able to change your arrival date to accommodate your travel plans and we would like you to be confident that our property follows the same cancellation policies and restrictions that our sister properties have in place.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience created by the exterior renovation (window caulking). We planned everything with our guests in mind and made every effort to insure there is as little interference as possible. Such projects are a necessity to continue to offer a quality product for our travelers. We would have loved to schedule this in the winter season, however weather at the beach restricts us to only a few months where exterior work can be completed.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Nice clean property only a few blocks from the beach. The nearby beach was beautiful and not crowded. The town of Bethany Beach is nice and Rehobeth is only a 10 min drive. They have an outdoor pool that is clean and has comfy chairs. We were here in early September and the pool was not crowded.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel and the surrounding areas during your September trip. Keep us in mind for future travel!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethany Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bethany Beach? Share your experiences!