“23 to 26 May 2014 at Crown Cottage Farm Embsay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crown Cottage Farm

Crown Cottage Farm
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Embsay
Crown Cottage Farm
Droitwich, United Kingdom
“23 to 26 May 2014 at Crown Cottage Farm Embsay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I spent the bank holiday weekend here as my base for visiting friends in the area. I normally stay in hotels so staying in a Bed & Breakfast isn't my normal thing.

Well having stayed here it's going to be something I will do again I loved the place and it's in my contacts as where I will stay when visiting my friends again.

I had a warm welcome and made to feel at ease after all I'm moving into a strangers home, but I was made to fell like no stranger.

The room and bathroom I had was perfect like being at home but with kettle and drinks in the bedroom, something I may introduce at home as it's so convenient.

Breakfast was great ranging from cereal selection of fruit or cooked served with precision and of top restaurant standard and I know.

I would recommend Crown Cottage Farm as great place to stay.

Room Tip: It's a lovely place to stay its out in the country surrounded by fields so it's a peaceful p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Stephen A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Beautiful B & B, clean, cosy, crisp white bedding and comfortable matteresses breakfasts were delicious - we were spoilt for choice, lots of fruit and yogurt or good old English, cooked to perfection. Our hostess Liz was very welcoming, friendly and caring.
Set on a hill just above Selby with beautiful views of the countryside all around, the B & B has to be stayed in to be believed. We were only there for four nights but would reccommend it to everyone, we were woken each morning by the dawn chorus and the bleating of the lambs - bliss. Its pretty central for all sight seeing and if you're not sure where to visit next, ask Liz.
Thanks Liz for a wonderful four days. Love from the giggling couple !!

Room Tip: No matter which room you stay in all are perfect with fabulous views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Approaching Crown Cottage Farm on a bitterly cold dark night, being pounded with wind and torrential rain, exhausted after a 8-9 hour journey, which should only have taken me 3-4 hours (due to weather and traffic conditions), as I turned the corner at the bottom of Pasture Lane, I could see the lights of the farmhouse beckoning me on. As I pulled into the car park behind the house, I could see the welcoming fire blazing in the wood-burning stove through the window. Oh, what bliss, and how I wanted to get in there and snuggle up in front of it. But first, just a few moments to ease my aching muscles and gather my things. Next thing I knew, Liz was battling through the wind and rain to greet me and help me in with my luggage. That was just the start of the care which Liz showed to her guest, making me feel as though I was a beloved family member returning to the fold. Having been shown to my immaculate en-suite room, worn out, I just couldn’t face going back out into that storm to make my way to the pub for something to eat and Liz seemed to instinctively understand as she offered to rustle up a simple bowl of home-made soup and bread for me. Absolutely nothing could have tasted better at that point in time. Refreshed after a blissful night’s sleep, I came down to another blazing fire and breakfast – the range of choices being one of the best I’ve ever seen – I chose the home-made fresh fruit salad, plus prunes, followed by a cooked breakfast of free-range home produce and local artisan bread, and of course, Liz’s award winning marmalade. Liz told me of her rare-breed black pigs, her new-born lambs and her chickens and invited me to bring my small grandson, whom I would be meeting up with later, to come and see them, which we did and all thoroughly enjoyed. I spent 2 nights here in April 2012 and I will never forget them. The accommodation is spotless with good quality linen, well-kept, comfortable, and cosy, really a home from home in the country in a peaceful setting, with beautiful scenery all around. Liz is a first-class host, full of local information, very warm and friendly without being intrusive, who really does go the extra mile to ensure you have a memorable stay. I note that Enjoy England has awarded Crown Cottage Farm 4 stars, but in my opinion, you could pick every star you can see in the night sky above the farm and award them all to Liz and Crown Cottage and still not have enough to denote their true worth. Even if it takes you slightly off your route to stay here, please do, it’s well worth it – Yorkshire hospitality at its best.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This is a really fantastic B&B in a beautiful location. Very clean and everything you could ask for. Liz made us feel very welcome indeed. The breakfast was 5 star. Would also recommend the Elm Tree pub in Embsay (10 min walk) for great beer and food.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

What more could you ask for, Crown Cottage Farm does it all, immaculate rooms, outstanding views and a five star breakfast. Liz made us feel so welcome it was a shame were only able to stay the one night. Would we stay there again? Without a doubt

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
North East
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Everything about Crown Cottage Farm was a pleasure, from pulling into the generous guest car park to the immaculate bedroom and bathroom. My bathroom was across the landing and I could not believe my eyes! It was as big as, if not bigger than the bedroom, with a lovely deep bath to soak away any aches and troubles. Breakfast was amazing and Liz is so generous in tending to any wish. I can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Scotland United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Crown Cottage Farm Embsay near Skipton has got to be best Bed & Breakfast in North Yorkshire, immaculate comfortable rooms, tea & coffee facilities with home made biscuits and fresh milk. Liz the owner was so welcoming, friendly and helpful and she has just won an award for the best cooked breakfast. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Embsay
The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
#25 of 33 in Skipton
The Woolly Sheep Inn
The Woolly Sheep Inn
#2 of 33 in Skipton

Been to Crown Cottage Farm? Share your experiences!