“Not a good scene...”
Review of Milan Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Claymont
Milan Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Claymont
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I recently visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square and needed a reasonably priced hotel to stay one night within the area and came upon the Milan Motel. It had a good review and from the pictures the quality of the rooms was high. Upon my arrival, I sought to check-in but was left ringing a buzzer and banging on the glass for at least five minutes in a small, sauna-like room. I then called the offices to inquire about being helped to find the older couple managing the place sitting outside behind the office. Confirming what I saw in the photographs, the room was in good order, appearing to be recently renovated. But the poor rating I'm giving this motel has nothing to do with that. Outside of the room, the motel forms a "U" in which there were many visible "residential" patrons: one room had men blasting hip-hop music with a pit bull on a leash, a few other rooms had some grizzled types smoking cigarettes outside their doors. As the night wore on, I discovered that the walls were extremely thin: my girlfriend and I became privy to drug use mixed with loud, descriptive intercourse, with unending loud talking in between at intervals of about one hour...this went on until approximately 4:30AM. This made my girlfriend extremely upset with the situation, naturally prompting her to be upset with me as I had made the reservation. The only thing to ease the situation was a loud air condition unit to drown out the noise. When checking out the next day, the manager didn't inquire about my experience and simply asked for my room card. As I said, the room itself was nice but unless you're looking to utilize a room for purposes that do not include sleep, stay as far away from this place as possible!!!

Room Tip: One not in this motel!