“NOT A GREAT MOTEL NOR STAY...”
Review of Milan Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Claymont
Milan Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Claymont
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Rooms need to be updated. Rooms really need new mattresses. The rooms smell horrible. And bathrooms Oh! My Goodness. Service is very unprofessional. I wouldn't referred anyone. I would sleep in my car first.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank manpoppy06

Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stayed one night at this motel and almost broke my neck literally! Before I checked out as I was loading my car to leave I went to the Ice machine to get some ice. When I stepped into the very small room that the machine was in, I plunged down 10 stairs into the basement of the building! I am very lucky that I did not break an arm or a leg and my neck. There is a trap door on the floor of the room which was open and no warning signs in a dark corridor. The management was hostile towards me saying it was not their fault and I should be thankful that I wasn't hurt. I had a severe bruise on my arm and a sprained ankle. The manager then pretended his English was bad and refused to offer me any condolences or compensation or refund and went into the office, refused to put me in touch with his manager or give me his name and basically ignored me after that! I had to call the Police to make an accident report. He is lucky I was not really hurt as I am sure I would have a strong case for negligence. The safety of his guests does not appear to be of great concern to him.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brooke D
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My fiancee stayed at this motel. Although the rooms were clean, she got bitten all over her body by bed bugs. The last night she was there, she woke up in the middle of the night and saw 2 bed bugs on the bed. She killed them both. She was itching all over and had to get treatments for them. There must have been a colony of bed bugs living in the room because of the number of bites on her body. Now she has marks all over her body from them. When we told the staff about it, two different people argued with us saying that there are no bed bugs and the rooms are very clean. We both saw the bed bugs, so it seems like the staff was lying and was arrogantly refusing to deal with the problem. Watch out!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Joe C
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I recently visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square and needed a reasonably priced hotel to stay one night within the area and came upon the Milan Motel. It had a good review and from the pictures the quality of the rooms was high. Upon my arrival, I sought to check-in but was left ringing a buzzer and banging on the glass for at least five minutes in a small, sauna-like room. I then called the offices to inquire about being helped to find the older couple managing the place sitting outside behind the office. Confirming what I saw in the photographs, the room was in good order, appearing to be recently renovated. But the poor rating I'm giving this motel has nothing to do with that. Outside of the room, the motel forms a "U" in which there were many visible "residential" patrons: one room had men blasting hip-hop music with a pit bull on a leash, a few other rooms had some grizzled types smoking cigarettes outside their doors. As the night wore on, I discovered that the walls were extremely thin: my girlfriend and I became privy to drug use mixed with loud, descriptive intercourse, with unending loud talking in between at intervals of about one hour...this went on until approximately 4:30AM. This made my girlfriend extremely upset with the situation, naturally prompting her to be upset with me as I had made the reservation. The only thing to ease the situation was a loud air condition unit to drown out the noise. When checking out the next day, the manager didn't inquire about my experience and simply asked for my room card. As I said, the room itself was nice but unless you're looking to utilize a room for purposes that do not include sleep, stay as far away from this place as possible!!!

Room Tip: One not in this motel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh M

Been to Milan Motel? Share your experiences!