“Skip this motel if you can”
Review of Sea Esta Motels I

Sea Esta Motels I
Sea Esta Motels I
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“Skip this motel if you can”
Reviewed 13 August 2004

I would not recommend the Sea Esta I motel to anybody. We were taken by their internet ad which shows a room with picture windows showing an idyllic view of the grounds. We were sorely disappointed. The rooms were tiny with 2 beds and a table and chairs shoved between a bed and the (non-picture) window. We were told beforehand that there was a coffee pot which was non-existent. There was also a good deal of mold on the shower curtain. Add to this the after hours partiers and the accompanying noise. All of this may have been fine had the room not been priced at $150.00 per night. The only selling points were the easy access to the beach and being pet friendly (our dog loved the room. It was a perfect size for her.)
To make matters worse, we had to haggle with the clerk when we arrived to get the AAA discount. They will not ask for AAA up front, so make sure you mention it when reserving the room. We were also charged a third of the room costs when we reserved the room two months prior, so beware.
For a few extra bucks, there are motels right on the beach which, had we known better, would have been a huge improvement over the Sea Esta I.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Travellers also viewed these Dewey Beach hotels
The Atlantic Oceanside Dewey Beach Resort
Beach House Dewey
Beach House Dewey
#4 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motels I? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Sea Esta Motels I

Property: Sea Esta Motels I
Address: 2306 Highway 1, 24 Houston Street, Dewey Beach, DE 19971
Region: United States > Delaware > Dewey Beach
Room Service
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2 star — Sea Esta Motels I 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Sea Esta Motels I reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Sea Esta Motels i Hotel Dewey Beach