“Terrible!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Pennsylvania
“Terrible!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

Sea Esta I Motel that was just one block from the beach. No pool at all, and the rooms were in very poor condition. As one of the kids put it, there was a reason it was called the Sea Esta I, because it was the first one. We stayed one night and left the next day after asking for a different room and were denied. then they had the nerve to charge us for two nights when we only stayed one. Never again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank kart34

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

This hotel is about a block away from the beach. You don't even have to cross any streets to get to the water. The rooms are average, but clean, and they allow pets... what could be better? We have stayed at Sea-Esta motels twice now, and will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank abtisam1
Wilmington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2009

After checking into the Sea Esta 1 Hotel we noticed a small hole in the wall, scared that we would be charged for it my friend went down to the front office to inform them of the hole and to tell them that we didn't make it. The manager came to the room to check it out and accused us of it. He said we were having loud parties and must have made the hole when we were not. He then called the cops on us and told them we were drunk and destroying their rooms. It was 10:30 in the morning and none of us had anything to drink. We got evicted from the hotel, lost the 220 dollars we paid for two nights and were charged for the hole in the wall. My friend got taken off to jail and spent the day there. The managers of this hotel are liars and we got in huge trouble over damages we didn't even do. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank DaveandAlex

Travellers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2008

We just got back from staying at the Sea Esta I in Dewey Beach
Delaware. The room was terrible!!! The sink was peeling and no plug for the sink. The shower curtain had black mold on it.

The towels and washcloths where so thin they barely stayed together. I felt like i was never clean or safe there. Looking at the door there was a 1-2 inch gap all around it. It didn't lock good.

Parking was on first come first serve bases. The room we stayed in was room 8.

Never Again For Us!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank uncleandnanny
Parkton, MD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2008

My husband and I just came back from staying two nights at the Sea Esta 1. Thank God it was only two nights.
We were really disapointed about our room ( #8 ). The fixtures and furniture are so outdate. There is rust in the sink plus there isn't a drain in the sink, so you better watch that your rings, ect. don't come off. The carpet is dirty and damp and the room has a musty smell to it. There is a table and two chairs in there that you can't even more around or get in bed without moving them. We could hear people in the other rooms, beside and above us.
The AC worked very good and the man at the front desk was very nice and helpful, but we would never STAY there again. I would rather drive to the beach then to stay at that place. It's really a shame how people can take people across by chargeing high price for a room that isn't worth half the cost. I could go on, but I better stop here.

• Liked — could walk to the beach
  • Disliked — room outdated, musty smell, dirty, could hear people in other rooms,
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2008

Stayed at the Sea-Esta 1 for a few days, and in many respects it was a disappointment. I have stayed at a couple of the other Sea-Estas and found them (esp. #4) to be rather better.

Here are my complaints:

Cleanliness okay, barely (some doggie hair); Outdated fixtures and furniture; towels felt like sandpaper; Chest of drawers smelled like mildew; Water pressure was really poor unless you hit it just right.

Also the housekeepers came back every little while to ask when they could clean the room. They were sort of loud and a bit demanding about this, never asking me if I wanted my room made up. But that's a small issue.

When I stayed there, there were several rooms of student idiots getting drunk, being stupid and making a lot of noise. I realize this isn't the fault of the hotel, but be forewarned about this sort of thing.

The price was rather high ($179+) for a place that is second-rate in several respects. You pay for proximity to the beach, and it is very, very close to the shoreline which in some respects, but not all, is a saving grace i guess.

• Liked — locality
  • Disliked — really, really noisy
  • Stayed May 2008
1 Thank GoldenPooch
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2007

We stayed at this hotel because it accepted dogs. While it is close to the beach, the room was dirty and you could hear noises from other rooms especially the bathroom from the floor above us.

While it is difficult to find hotels that accept dogs in Dewey/Rehoboth, I would still not stay here again. This year we are renting a condo for a week and it is basically the same price as staying at this hotel would be.

The only way I would consider staying at this hotel would be if I wanted to go to the beach for a weekend at the last minute and everything else was booked. If you don't have dogs, don't even consider it.

• Liked — Location near beach
  • Disliked — Room conditions and noises from other rooms
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple