“Great hotel excellent value”
Review of The Bay Resort

The Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Bay Resort. The room was clean and w had a beautiful view of he bay. He sunset wa awesome from our balcony there s also a nice gazebo on he beach surrounded by palm trees. Loved the pool too. Only problem I had wax the amount of smear. I could not get away from smoke. The pool area the gazebo and the neighbors. The hotel wax advertised as a non smoking hotel but every time I sat den somewhere I could smell smoke.
Aside from that I love this motel.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jiminj08

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We spent the Fourth of July holiday at the Bay Resort. The people were very nice and it was an easy walk to the beach. There is a decent pool and you could watch fireworks from the balcony. I appreciated having a little kitchen. There is nothing fancy about this place. The day with left out car was dead and the folks jumped us and had us on our way. That was so great.

Room Tip: If I went back I would ask for first floor room so I could walk out. Too many stairs up to third flo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KathyJean7
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Even though it was pouring rain when we arrived, we had a very pleasant stay. The owner checked us in & asked why we picked the room by the pool. I said it was because it was cheaper. He upgraded us to the bayside with no additional cost & it was a beautiful view & we appreciated him doing that for us. The room was clean & offered us everything we could possible need. My adult children are planning to go down in September. We will be back again!

Room Tip: The bayside was really nice!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patty Libby L
Reviewed 29 June 2013

You never know if the pictures are accurate, but with this motel, it was soooo much more. Great location, 2 blocks from the beach and walking distance to a number of good food and bar locations. The efficiency was really convenient, just stopped at a grocery store on Route 1 and was set for breakfast, extra ground coffee and filters, pb&j's for the beach. Laundry facilities great for clothes and beach stuff. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Bayview is great for sunsets, cocktails and early morning coffee.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Found this available when needed last minute place to fill a 3 night gap in my trip. Great location on the bay in heart of Dewey that I could leave my car parked the entire time. Room and the bed was very comfortable, the staff was fantastic and even when the wifi was having trouble my last night was able to offer my professional experience to get it back up and running.

Room Tip: I recommend the bay side rooms as the sunset view from your porch is worth it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

Clean, close to restaurants and bars, friendly staff and good bay side view. Safe parking lot. Highly recommend. Bay Area was cool and short walk to the beach. Short drive to Rehobeth Beach and Outlet Mall.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank EddieTroc
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We stayed at The Bay Resort during Dover race week. The track was an easy 45 minute drive away and we enjoyed the safe and fun atmosphere The Bay Resort provided each night. The private bay w sand and adirondack chairs was really nice to unwind each night. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott

Been to The Bay Resort? Share your experiences!