“Another nice stay!”
Review of The Bay Resort

The Bay Resort
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed here 4 summers ago & remembered how nice it was. Still is! Had room overlooking the bay - gorgeous sunsets from private balcony. This is an older motel but very nice, clean, comfy beds, room had kitchenette.

FYI: Dewey Beach is a 'party' area at times with at least 3 'dance clubs /bars with live bands within walking distance of the motel. Our 1st night there (a Sat., late Aug.) seemed to be a bit of a party atmosphere - but all was fairly quiet by 11 pm & we got a good night's sleep. After Sat., the next 3 nights were a different story - more of a family atmosphere.

B0ya Resort has security around and the staff were all very friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Bay side for wonderful view!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband daughter and I just returned from a very nice stay at The Bay Resort. Overall it was a pleasant experience. The property is older and in need of updating but it is clean and the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. One word of warning that I would give is that this property is close to many of the well-known night spots in Dewey so the weekends can be rather loud and rowdy, however the hotel does have security on duty all night and they seemed to keep most of it in check. We would however never stay over on a Saturday in the summertime again. Everything quieted down nicely by Sunday. Our room was on the ground floor level facing the pool with no private balcony. At first I was unsure about this arrangement but in the end it was very convenient not having to haul our chairs and umbrella up the stairs so it worked out well, we spent little time in our room anyway. We would definitely go back to The Bay Resort.

Room Tip: If you want a private balcony and a view pay extra for the Bay side of the hotel.
2  Thank Ann W
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed my time at the Bay Resort. It has a good staff. Nice views of Bay. We are just used to more renovated or newer rooms. The kitchenette could be an added benefit but when in Dewey it is usually cheaper and more fun to eat out at the many not so healthy choices in Dewey. If you are a healthy eater, this kitchenette is a Godsend. Like the title nice people nice room just a little short on what we really like in a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Villanovan
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My family and I had a very pleasant stay! The check in was very easy. Our room was on the third floor overlooking the pool. All rooms have a balcony, which was nice. This is not a newer motel, so the outside has some minor flaws. It needs a paint job. The room was basic but clean and comfortable. I especially liked the kitchenette for preparing money saving breakfast and lunch. The bathroom was clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. The pool area is very pleasant and clean. The pier and gazebo out back over looking the bay was a nice feature. The resort provides crabbing nets, which my kids loved trying. The only things that I would say negative is that the bay area out back needed a good clean up of the trash and the pier needed a good power washing. Parking was also an issue. We came back close to midnight a few times and there was no where to park. The front desk attendant told us just to park a handicap spot, which we did because there was no other choice, but I was uncomfortable doing so. Overall, my family will be staying at the Bay Resort again next summer.

Room Tip: Bay side rooms are quieter.
1  Thank Kelly P
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This is our third year staying at the Bay Resort, however the first time I am reviewing it. The Bay Resort is an excellent place to stay. It is extremely clean and comfortable and the staff is great. Several staff members were the same from the past two years which is a major plus because Shirley, Dan (and I forgot the other women’s name) because they are all so extremely nice, helpful and friendly. The location is excellent because we felt like we had the best of two worlds- the beach and the bay. We stayed on the bay side and had a great view of the bay, the pier and the gazebo. It was only a two block walk to the beach. Practically everything was in walking distance- restaurants, bars and stores. It was less than a 10 minute drive to Rehoboth, which I highly recommend folks to visit-great atmosphere. The Bay Resort’s rooms were very comfortable and clean. The pool was nice especially after the day at the beach. They had a gazebo with real palm trees around it and bright white sand which they raked every morning. It was really nice to sit in the gazebo late at night overlooking the bay. I definitely plan on staying there next year again.

Room Tip: All Bay Side rooms had a great view
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Perfect location 1-1/2 blocks to beach and bay in the back yard. Great access for my wife and I to kayak the bay in a future trip. Quiet and extremely friendly/helpful staff. Dock for crapping and fishing. Would recommend for the active/outdoor types and we will definitely return. Great areas outdoor to relax.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Just spent a long weekend at the Bay Resort July 11-14. It was my 8th year in a row staying at the hotel, and I can say hands down, it is one of the best hotel experiences I have each year. I travel extensively for work and stay in many hotels. The location and staff of the Bay Resort make it a wonderful place to stay. Many of the front desk employees have been there for years, and make you feel right at home from the minute you walk in the front door. The hotel has a beautiful bayfront view, a great pool, as well as a convenient location that allows for easy walking to bars, restaurants, and shops in town, as well as easy walking to the beach. The efficiency rooms provide a nice kitchenette as well. If you are planning to come to Dewey, look no further than the Bay Resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn by Marriott

Been to The Bay Resort? Share your experiences!