“Great place for live music”
Review of Bottle & Cork

Bottle & Cork
Ranked #2 of 7 Nightlife in Dewey Beach
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Really the only place to go along this section of coast to hear good live music. Have been a number of times over the years and the place is consistently good. Good natured crowd and a good range of music. Will be back if I visit the beach next year.

1  Thank Alan R
There are newer reviews for Bottle & Cork

Reviewed 14 September 2011

Great place to see band.. good sound system and good stage. Nice indoor outdoor bar.. got to do when in town

2  Thank tab-reho
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Good music, great rock and roll bar! Different events every night. You stand you drink you rock out at the beach!

Reviewed 28 January 2010

My husband and I went to the Bottle & Cork for the 1st time in August of 2007. I had heard that Bucky Covington was going to be performing there. I stopped at the Bottle & Cork on 7-29-07 and purchased two tickets to see the live performace at the Bottle & Cork "A Rock and Roll Bar". It only cost me $30.00 for the two tickets. We arrived at the show about 1 hour before the scheduled performance in order to park and get in line to be admitted. We found out that it cost us $10.00 to park in their lot when we arrived. We were not told previously that we would have pay to park. So, we reluctantly paid the parking fee. Once we got in line, we were admitted pretty quickly. Our tickets were taken from us at time of admission. We were not give any kind of ticket stub (for my scrap book). But, I believe our hands were stamped at that time.

Once we were inside, I made my way up to the front of the "room" in front of the stage. There are no viewing seats in this venue. You have to stand in place, so 1st come gets the closest spot. I stood in my spot for the remainder of the evening. They do have a bar at the back of the room...where you can purchase alcoholic beverages. And they had a table set up near the stage for souvenir purchases.

I was impressed with the accurate scheduling of the venue. Right on time, the opening act began to play!! lower case blues was the opening band. They played their guitars and "sang" for about an hour and then it was time for the headlline act. Bucky's performance was good that evening and the small venue made it extremely enjoyable. Being right up front, I got to lean on the stage that they were performing on. I got great UP CLOSE photos of Bucky, Rocky & the band. Also, I got to shake hands with Bucky while he was on stage. And I got a drumstick and towel from Rocky & the band. This probably would NOT have been possible IF I had gone to a large venue. Plus the sound was amazing for such a small place.

After the concert, we stayed to meet & talk with the band. We were able to talk to them as they broke down their equipment. However, Bucky did disappear to his tour bus that was parked out back. Eventually we did get to meet with him too and get autographs. This was definately one advantage of the small venue.

Overall, I had a great experience at the Bottle & Cork. It is kind of a "redneck" bar, but it is totally Rock & Roll. Even with a country band playing---it had a rock & roll vibe. I do not think they chose the right opening act for a country band, but other than that--we had a wonderful time. The small venue really made it an enjoyable experience. I have been to other concerts in larger fancier arenas & have not has as much fun. I really like the down home atmosphere--laid back and lots of fun!

The venue always has different kinds of bands--some are regulars, some are older bands and some are bands on their way up. So, you can catch some of your old favorites here in addition to some local bands!! Over the past 5-6 years--they have had performers like James, Otto, Gavin Degraw, Soul Asylum, Pat McGee, Live, Pat Green, Bucky Covington, Miranda Lambert, Dwight Yoakam, Vanilla Ice, Blondie, Better than Ezra, Cyndi Lauper, Foreigner and Ziggy Marley. So, you never know who will show up at the Bottle & Cork!! I like to keep checking back to see WHO will be there. You can't beat the price OR the atmosphere.

2  Thank daisyferret1