“Great Bar Scene”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The bar is on the Bay right by the water. It's really pretty and cozy. The drinks are pricey when there is no special. The Bartender on Monday night was really friendly and nice. The Devil drinks on 1$ Tuesday are good but hardly have any alcohol. I will come back and try the food.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We decided to try a waterview restaurant in Dewey as a change from our regular Ocean City dining spots. Based on the most recent reviews which were good, we expected an enjoyable time. The bayfront location is excellent but is spoiled by huge signs with highway sized letters advertising the restuarant's events tacked up along the dock which blocked most of the waterview. The signs included a rather tasteless one that feaured the name of the pig consumed at the most recent pig roast and a RIP message. Meant to be funny, but only made me feel like NOT ordering the pulled pork sandwich. When we asked about wine selections available, our server said he'd have to ask the bar if they sold wine. The menu is heavy on the fried foods from appetizers to entrees. Low carb Southbeach diet fans would definitely agree after a look at the menu that Northbeach is an apropos name for the place. During our meal the bar scene as early as sunset was over the top. For example two male patrons enjoyed hanging from horizontal poles supporting the bar's roof canvas and leg wrestling each other, while others carried on as if it were a fraternity party. Needless to say, we didn't linger over our meal to watch the sunset over the bay as there were too many distractions. Maybe as a casual lunch place to dine with sand under your toes and a so-so view, NorthBeach is fine, but for an excellent meal that is heart healthy and waist-line friendly,a wonderful view, relaxing atmosphere and experienced waitstaff, we should have dined at an old favorite in Ocean City.

1  Thank Lovestravel2750
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We've been coming to this establishment in its many reincarnations for several decades. Always the food was average to good. You really come for the ability to sit on the water (Rehoboth Bay). Indeed, I've always been surprised that there are less than a handful of restaurants in the Rehoboth-Dewey area where you can sit on the water. Anyway, we were looking for OK food with good atmosphere where we could watch the sun set over the bay. We knew the music would be loud (and it was). It's OK; just prevents you from hearing the waves lap the shore. We were surprised that the food was good and service was very attentive and friendly. The fried calamari and onion ring appetizers were tasty. Their special pork and cheese sandwich (sounds strange!) was also very good, as was fried rockfish sandwich. The crabcake was only fair. The chicken wedge salad was OK. So, you go for the atmosphere and great view of the bay, but some of the food is pretty good. Ask the waiter for suggestions. They do want to be helpful.

1  Thank Bloodman33
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We sat by the bay, but then started raining so moved under tarp but still outside. Burgers we had were very good, but had to ask where my fries were (after already eating half my burger) and for refills and basically hunt down my waiter, but was a nice, fairly reasonable dinner by the bay.

1  Thank Jill O
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Prior to a round of golf in Rehoboth, I met some friends here for lunch. Although I live close to the resort area of Delaware, I had not been to this location in years as it was once named the Waterfront. The atmosphere is incredible overlooking the Rehoboth Bay. On a recommendation, I ordered the fried Rockfish sandwich. It was HUGE! This was enough for two people and I could not finish. Obviously, this was frozen previously, it tasted fresh and was served on a nice torpedo roll with fresh lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.

Service was very good.