“Really enjoyed it.”

Ranked #20 of 45 Restaurants in Dewey Beach
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Hammerheads Dewey Beach is open year round 7 days a week. We Serve breakfast 7 days a week from 9:00am to 11:30am. We have freshly roasted coffee to go with our eggs benedicts or a big egg omelets. Lunch/ Dinner is served from 11:30am till 10pm Late night menu is served from 10:00pm to 1:00am.
Bridgeport, WV
“Really enjoyed it.”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had breakfast here one morning and I really enjoyed it. I got an omelet that had lump crabmeat. It was really good. We came back for Monday night football and I got the wing special. The wings were big and tasted great. They also have a nice selection of craft beers which I love.

• Visited September 2013

“Won't go back!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch. My boyfriends burger was under cooked where blood was on the plate. They took it back to the kitchen and microwaved it. We had cut the burger in half. It was the same burger and the cheese was melted off and the bun was crunchy. Ridiculous!

We were the only ones in the place at the time. It took awhile to get the waitress' attention because all of the employees were sitting at a table chatting.
Poor service, bad food!

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Michele Z
Hicksville, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish I lived closer...”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

The reason we went here was simply that they served breakfast past 11am, and what a stroke of luck it was for us!! Emily was so friendly, we were immediately glad we came in. I ordered the Drunken Frenchman (French toast, deliciously seasoned with Grand Marnier and Baileys Irish Cream) was perfect in every way, and presented beautifully. My husband had a Broad Street Bully, (A Philly cheesesteak-type omelet) that he raved about. The portions were a good size. We were so impressed with the service and the food that we came back that evening for Trivia and a burger and some fantastic hot crab dip with warm, crunchy pita chips. The bartenders were great to be around, had a busy bar and made sure everyone was served and that they were enjoying themselves.Wish I could be a regular here. All in all, a true gem!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Tessa B
Pennsville, New Jersey, United States
“great fun....!”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

A fun, casual place to go for drinks, a small bite or even dinner. Everybody in the place is is always sandy, sunburnt and smiling which is a good sign for a beach establishment. the appetizers were tasty and the drinks were flavorful. Our bartender was very attentive and personable even though the place was rockin. We never felt neglected. It is now a staple in our Dewey visits...!!!

• Visited August 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“We actually went to the new Indian River Hammerheads and loved it”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a great addition to the Indian River marina. Nice, very casual place, perfect after a day of fishing. We went on a busy Saturday evening and we did have to wait an hour for a table for 5 but there was live music and a great atmosphere. They are famous for their Orange Crush drink. We had the Grapefruit version and it was perfect. I would go back just for another one, or two, or three. I would only go one days when you can sit outside, as the inside isnt nearly as appealing as being able to watch the sunset and see the boats coming in. Food was good, solid "pub" fare with a few bolder items. Prices were in the $10-15 per person range. We loved the Buffalo Tater Tots, the Tuna Wrap and the Fish Tacos. Kids played on the sand "dance floor" while adults relaxed.
I had heard some people say the service wasnt great but we had a very good experience. I can see where they werent prepared for how popular this place would be so quickly so they will have to expland a buit but all in all a great new find.
Suggestions - its outside, so you may need bug spray. We were fine until the last 15 minutes then we started getting bit.

Visited August 2013