“Crab Cakes!”

Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Woody's Dewey Beach has been serving the best crab cakes and burgers at the beach since 2009. Located at the heart of Dewey Beach, our friendly staff is here year round to provide great service and our award winning food in a fun and friendly atmosphere! Stop by and sample our menu - from homemade chips to the best authentic crab cake around, and check out our daily specials and events. Whether you stroll off the beach to have lunch on our porch, or came back at night for dinner and entertainment, you'll see why we were named the Best of Dewey in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Voted Best Crab Cakes 2015 & 2016, Voted Best Restaurant in Dewey Beach 20165 & 2016.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We decided to come here based on other reviewers raving about the crab cakes. It really WAS the best crab cake sandwich that I've ever had! There were not a lot of tables, maybe 6 inside and another 6-8 outside. We got a high-top table inside, got great service and delicious food. We started with 1/2 lb steamed shrimp which were about 9 large sized shrimp with perfect seasoning. My husband and I both ordered crab cake sandwiches with hardly any filler holding it together. Pure, delicious crab! My kids ordered cheeseburger sliders (perfect seasoning) and fried shrimp. Everything was wonderful and reasonably priced and I will recommend Woody's to anyone traveling here and will definitely return again when we come back to Dewey!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Friendly staff, great food. Walking distance to our hotel. Had a half hour wait which is a good sign.

2  Thank laur628
Reviewed 25 July 2014

you gotta look for it, tucked into the building next to Valhalla's. Good food, generous drinks, what more do you need, you're at the beach!

2  Thank jestermike164
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Based on the crab cake reviews, we wanted to give Woody's a try. Busy Saturday night but no wait to be seated, other than the hostess came over about 8 minutes after we walked in.
Sat out front by the door, which worked out fine for our party of 3 adults. Two of us ordered soda, both were FLAT. Had to wait awhile to order, and even longer to get out food. They offered another drink but not any better.
Crab Cake mini's was a good choice. Not much filler. Glad I didn't get the regular crab cake sandwich -- way too much bread. Saw two different people just eating the crab cake and the bottom roll. Wish they had my mini rolls for a better experience.
All in all, I wouldn't go out of my way to make another visit because of the service.... Which is too bad since the food was decent.

1  Thank ImABeers1
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We heard about the best crab cakes SDI we had to stop in. We did arrive in the late evening... So there was about 30 min wait. Staff was wonderful although some customers were inpatient. Excellent service and superb cake cakes, reasonably priced! We'll be coming back again.

2  Thank poorannette