“I don't get this place.”
Review of Crabber's Cove - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crabber's Cove
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We made a special trip to visit this place that is now under a new name. We were told one thing on the phone and then when arrived were surprised to find what we were looking for was not available. The hostesses were exceptionally accomodating and really tried to help us, however when we sat in an area we really didn't want to sit in (inside instead of on their beautiful deck overlooking the bay and the sun going down), the server had so much attitude and rolling eyes and such that we left. We of course thanked the hostess for her help and headed up the road to find another place to spend our money. Hope other people have better luck.

1  Thank ihearthistory

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Everything about this restaurant is dead- from the atmosphere to the lobster. My boyfriend and I both chose the lobster special. The presentation was unappealing to begin with, and things got worse from there. I cut one of the potatoes to discover that it was black and rotten throughout- what kind of restaurant let's the potatoes go bad? I took a couple bites of lobster, and noticed that the meat was shriveled inside the shell. My boyfriend, who work at Red Lobster for years, noticed that both our lobsters were extremely foul smelling. Clearly the lobsters were dead before they were cooked. After we sent the food back and were waiting for the check, we struck up a conversation with a lady at a neighboring table who was also served bad lobster.
We left feeling really grossed out, a feeling made worse by the hours of vomiting that ensued. Within 2 hours of eating here, I had one of the worse cases of food poisoning I've ever had! I was vomiting etc. until 4:30 in the morning. I called the next day to suggest to the manager that he check the lobster and calamari, and he just kept saying the the lobster was fresh- a clear lie.
I will never go back, and I recommend that you stay as far away as possible!

3  Thank Em M
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed a great dinner with a group of 8.

We ranged from AYCE crabs, to steaks. Appetizers and dinner special were great. Service was fine for a busy night....would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 15 January 2012

It isn't called Crabbers Cove anymore, just The Cove, and it is much better than it used to be. It now has a side with tables for cracking crabs, and another side with white tablecloths for ordering off a menu. You can order from the menu on the crab side too though. The crabs are great! You can order steampots of crabs, clams/mussels, or shrimp- or you can order crabs by the piece, half dozen, dozen, or all you can eat (blue crabs or snow crabs). The view is great too, and the service is wonderful. A great family place, or a cool place to walk over to for a casual meal with good service, a view, and great crabs!

4  Thank Traveler66SC
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I couldn't enter an earlier date because the drop-down only goes to 2010, but I ate here in....well, it must have been 2004-2005, dining with my family. It was before my dad got sick, so maybe I have some naturally inflated good memories about the place (based on other, and more recent reviews, it appears that quality and service may not be what it was when I last went.
As we always used to do, our large, extended family brood sat at a paper-covered table and when the waiter came with the first bushel of Maryland Blues, we CHOWED DOWN LIKE A PACK OF RABID MONKEYS! The crabs were seasoned just right, and the meat was sweet, and cooked to perfection. We were one crazed, crab-shucking, claw-cracking and leg-sucking mob! I hope they haven't gone downhill. I have a feeling that the main reason people go is for the blues, and that the rest of the menu is sort of an afterthought to appease non-crab eaters. For you haters: The reason you go to a crab house like the Cove is to dine on what a crab shack does best: Seasoned steamed crabs. Everything else is just killing time.