“Don't go here.”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating
New York City, New York
“Don't go here.”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Reposted from Yelp because this was so bad:

Skip at all costs. This'll be a long one, since I actually left this restaurant in rage--which never happens to me.

I don't mind greasy spoons--I tend to love a diner that can cook me up a plate of sloppy eggs just when I need it. I don't consider myself a fancy person.

So I was fine when my short stack of French Toast, two scrambled eggs and homefries weren't spectacular. I was starving. I was even fine about the dirty floors of this joint and flies buzzing around--it's a beach spot, comes with the territory.

But the prices? Off the wall. Total rip-off. And the service? Even worse.

Our waitress charged me around $6 extra for the two scrambled eggs which were supposed to be $2.25 if added to an order of French Toast. She came back, showed me a revised check that charged me $5 extra instead because I'd been given homefries with my eggs.

Rewind a bit: when taking my order, I told her I wanted a short stack of french toast and two scrambled eggs, which is one of the TWO add-on options on the menu. (Not too hard to remember, right?)

Waitress: "Do you want the homefries, too? It comes with it."

Me: "Uh, sure!"

Flash forward to this check business.

Waitress: "I charged you $2.25 for eggs, but also $3.50 for the homefries."

Me: "But you told me they came with the eggs."

Waitress: "They do, but only with the side of eggs. You didn't specify that you wanted to get the side of eggs WITH the French Toast."

[is that my job?]

Me: "...but it's right on the menu."

The waitress then starts complaining about how much drama I'm causing, and tries to get sympathy by saying she's working her butt off. That part I don't doubt. And I hate to be a miser, but when you're charging $15 for a VERY small and VERY bad plate of food, I want to make sure I'm being charged correctly for what I'm getting. And her response was to yell at me.

Long story short: This place will rip you off and be completely unapologetic about it. Stear clear of this dump--there are plenty of other greasy spoons in the area.

• Visited July 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed at a sweet cottage which was 2 houses from his restaurant. We were so glad to filnd a breakfast place so close by. However, the experience was horrible. First, we wanted to order for my son and mom while I and my wife decide what to order. But we were told we could only order at one time. Second, we ordered one veggie omelette which was supposed to come with toast but we never got it when it came to the table. We thought it would come shortly but it never did. So, We had to ask for it Third, ordered a something yahoooo omelette which was suposed to have melted cheese in it but it did not have ant. When we asked the waitress, she was like " looks lIke he forgot, I can get you some cheese now" Really? Lastly, we were four and were given silver ware for only 3. One more funny thing, the waitress got a high chair as soon as we walked in with our kids , one a 5 year old and the other 3 months old. Now, which of those two were going to sit on the high chair? LOL. Agree with others that it's over priced, especially with such horrible service. We had so much good memories from an on the beach restaurant in cape may last summer (for get it's name) and now this experience. STAY AWAY!

• Visited August 2012
Washington Crossing, PA
“Good for an Early Breakfast”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

From our hotel on READ street we passed three places that we would have liked to try for breakfast and not one of them was open at 8:45 so we bounced into Bubba's after seeing the prices on the outside menu. We were immediately seated at a booth and our waitress was warm and friendly and willing to make modifications on the menu as I wanted strawberries AND bananas on my french toast:1/2 portions of each and she said fine. My hubby gobbled up his and I gobbled up mine and for the price it was right. Not my kinda of orange juice and the maple syrup was really corn syrup...(strawberries might have been fresh frozen...def not fresh) but I was still able to clean up my plate.

• Visited August 2012
“Glad we didn't get food poisoning.”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Take some crappy food you could have made better yourself at home, wait too long for it, and pay out the @** and you pretty much have it. Oh and 'the bathrooms were stinky' according to my four year old.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Overpriced breakfast”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

If I want to spend $5.45 for 2 pancakes, $2.45 for for coffee, $5.95 for a breakfast sandwich...and oh yea they hit me an additional 50 cents extra for RYE BREAD...there are plenty of places with a decent atmosphere and better food. The waitress was efficient but I am not subsidising Bubba's any more.

• Visited September 2011