“Sparkly, Beautiful, and Brand New; BUT Bring Earplugs!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Dewey Beach

Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
“Sparkly, Beautiful, and Brand New; BUT Bring Earplugs!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Such a beautiful, sparkling new hotel. I noticed that the staff was constantly cleaning. Our rooms were large with two queen beds and a large sitting area. The room had a refrigerator, coffee maker, and large flat screen TV. Most of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Thanks for the great recommendation for Thanksgiving dinner. The Big Fish Grille was amazing! The hotel offered a complimentary breakfast each day...complete with scrambled eggs, French toast, sausage, bagels, cereal, pastries, and assorted juices. Very nice breakfast choices and delicious sausage. Now for the cons: the noise from other guests was annoying on all three nights of our stay. The walls seem paper thin. I could hear the conversations in the next room. I could also hear their TV. At 1:30 a.m., this woke me up! There were loud kids running the halls in the middle of the night on two of the nights.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Leopardgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Korean first
Prince Georges County MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

I stayed here in October for two nights and had a great stay. Its a new hotel, good location and well laid out. But when I stayed here for one night in November I had several issues that might keep me from returning. I arrived Sunday afternoon and was checked in quickly and efficiently.
I arrived in my room and found the wifi did not work. I called the front desk, they called their tech department and someone called me back to say it was fine. Okay. About ten minutes later the front desk called to say my Mastercard that was swiped for incidentals had been refused. I said I don't have a Mastercard, only Visa, but was told it was refused. I spent 15 minutes on the phone getting through to my credit card company and found out everything was fine. I went to the front desk, it was swiped again, no problem. Hmmm. Back in my room I was getting ready to go out when someone from housekeeping opened my door without knocking. What amazed me about this is that for the 30 minutes before I heard nothing but the shouting of "housekeeping" and doors slamming in the hallway. The doors here provide no sound barrier at all. The next morning I went down for breakfast and a member of the maintenance staff was mopping the floors of the breakfast area with bleach while I was trying to eat.
When I checked out I shared all of these concerns with the front desk person who wrote them down and promised to share them with management. I waited a week before posting this thinking I might be contacted, but alas, no.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank snoopguy
HyattPlaceDewey, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
snoopguy, Thank you for staying with us during your time in Dewey Beach, and we'd also like to thank you for leaving your feedback from your most recent visit to our hotel. We are very glad to hear that overall, you had an enjoyable stay at our property. As you mentioned in your review, we are a fairly new hotel. As with anything new, there can sometimes be a few hiccups along the way. Since opening, we've worked very hard to learn from the mistakes we have made in order to continuously improve. We have taken your comments seriously, and addressed them with the specific departments and areas involved. - Chris Strouss/General Manager
Milford, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Over night stay during a business seminar. The staff was extremely attentive to detail and very accommodating. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. The new hotel was opened just two months ago.

Kudos to the staff for making the two day event very comfortable and I appreciate all their hospitality.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank mac4216
Milford, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I recently orgainzed a conference for approximately 60 individuals, half of which were overnight guests. The sleeping rooms were spacious and very comfortable. The food was excellent and reasonably priced and the Hyatt offers a hot breakfast, not just a continental, to all over night guests the next morning included with the room charge. The conference room just fit everyone in, it was a little tight but still comfortable. The staff was absolutely excellent. Very accommodating, friendly and willing to do whatever to help us. A special thanks to Jamie, she continually checked on us to make sure we had everything we needed. I would definitely use this location again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jamie H H
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for four nights durung the Sea Witch Festival and brought our dog. Despite many places claiming to be "Dog-Friendly," we often find they are more often "Dog-Tolerant" - but not the Hyatt - they could not have been more accommodating! In particular, Susan and Dave at the front desk were terrific & always friendly and helpful. Doris the breakfast attendant was super, too. It says a lot that almost 3 weeks later, I still remember their names. My husband celebrated his brithday while there and the staff went out of their way to wish him well. The room was very nice. We had a minor issue with the shower leaking onto the floor - and I agee the faucet doesn't reach far enough into the sink - but other than that, it was great. We will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank travelingfamilyDE
Elmer, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

Recently spent a few nights here with a friend, Thought the place was really nice, It is a new place, very clean and very friendly helpful staff, lot of space in rooms... the breakfast was better then most hotels, beds were real comfortable! they have a indoor pool ( not real deep) and fitness room. It is a short drive( 5-10 mins) to rehoboth outlets or to rehoboth beach. several nice eateries with in walking distance too!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Larry B
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I chose this hotel because it was new. I will return because of the high level of customer service. From the moment we approached the front desk we were made to feel welcome and valued as guests. My partner, now husband, and I were in town to get married. The staff sent us a special card and cake to congratulate us. Everyone treated us with respect and with the utmost courtesy. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House

Been to Hyatt Place Dewey Beach? Share your experiences!