“Geat Beach Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Geat Beach Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great beach hotel. Beautiful room and excellent staff - particularly an individual named Dave at the front desk. He made the whole family feel very welcome - including our dog. Housekeeping did a very good job. Underground parking kept the car out of the sun. Dog friendly, excellent breakfast, room cleaning and walking distance to the beach are great assets. We will stay there again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank travel2014165
HyattPlaceDewey, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
travel2014165,

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel and also for bringing along your furry family member. Dave sends a personal thank you for the kind words about him. We look forward to your next visit.

Thanks,

Hyatt Place Dewey Beach

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Korean first
Baltimore
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We normally spend our beach vacations in Rehoboth, as we are not party crazed nor traveling with little kids and loooooove really good restaurants. But we needed two rooms and Hyatt met our needs for pricing and dates this time; I will most assuredly return!
There were just a couple of blips with the reservation (given king rooms instead of double queen) and some minor things, but the staff was very eager to help whenever they could.
BEDS AND PILLOWS ARE HEAVENLY, and the hotel is very clean (it is new, but still....hard to keep things up at the beach and with so many pets and young children...I was pleased)
I was surprised at how quiet our rooms were, considering Dewey's reputation. We felt like our privacy was protected and we were in our own oasis. Spacious rooms and bathrooms, thoughtful design. Did I mention the pillows??
The morning breakfast does get crowded for the last half hour, and management might consider extending hours for at least partial service. Nevertheless, it was a full breakfast presented by cheerful staff and I was very glad to have the option! Starbucks coffee/lattes served at the desk for an extra cost and the morning paper (WSJ) is offered for free.
The cucumber water in the lobby in the afternoons is a welcome refresher.
So many people were so rude to the staff there, but they handled themselves professionally. Relax peeps, you're on vacation! Hyatt Place provides an excellent option to get the vacay started!
p.s. I love the pillows!

Room Tip: first floor is for pets (surcharge applies); avoid parking in marked condo spots; the Jolly Trolley...
4 Thank bleslie
bleslie,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and thank you again for the kind words. The staff works very hard here at the hotel and appreciate you acknowledging that. Anytime you are ready to come back just let us know and we will definitely have those HEAVENLY pillows waiting.

Many Thanks,

Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel lot is terribly structured. They share it with some condo owners. The markings are no longer clear in many of the spots. The risk here is that if you park in one of the wrong spots, thinking it is a hotel spot, the condo owner can/will have you towed.
The hotel never informed me of the risk of towing. They called around 9:30pm to inform me I'd parked in a condo spot-never mentioned someone was on their way to tow the car. I thought I could just move it the next day. Nope-my car was gone the next morning. Towed 20 miles. Not only did they not offer to give me a ride to the towing place (75$ for the taxi), the manager became combative and implied I was lying that the hotel didn't inform me my car was about to be towed. Sorry, but I think I would have responded ASAP if I'd been told that. $220 for the towing charge. Being towed from a hotel parking lot is NOT a risk I should have to worry about as a guest of the hotel.
Otherwise, tiny "pool" like all the rest of these midmarket hotels. It's new though so rooms are nice enough, and breakfast above average. Location to beach also decent. Don't go for service though and beware the parking!

8 Thank mageight
mageight,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We do apologize for any struggles that you may have occurred while staying with us.

Best Wishes,

Roanoke,VA
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here while visiting Dewey Beach on vacation. This hotel is kept up nice for the location and the amount of people that frequent it. The beds are very comfortable, staff very inviting and friendly, also the free morning breakfast is very organized and filling. You can't go wrong by staying here!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Tanisha79
HyattPlaceDewey, General Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Tanisha79,

Thank you so much for your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best Wishes,
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night. Our room was modern, so spacious, and clean. Nice roomy bathroom with two sets of lighting. The glass pocket door is such a great idea to maximize space. The staff was very pleasant. They apologized that the room was not ready when we arrived (before 4:00pm). and the front desk offered us a drink which we declined but deeply appreciated. We would stay here again if we are in the area of Dewey Beach.

Be aware of the GPS which told us to turn on VanDyke instead of Dickinson. The entrance to the parking is on Dickinson.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ourcomments2010
HyattPlaceDewey, Manager at Hyatt Place Dewey Beach, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you kindly for the compliments made about our hotel and staff. We are grateful that you chose to stay at the Hyatt Place Dewey Beach and look forward to having you stay with us again. We want all of our valued guests to feel welcome and want to return when visiting the Dewey Beach area. We hope you enjoyed your time at the beach. Take care!

Thanks again,

Mechanicsburg, PA
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The Hyatt is a pleasant addition to Dewey Beach. Nice lobby, very pleasant staff. However, we were given possibly the worst room in the hotel. Stay away from any of these interior rooms- no windows!! We overlooked the ceiling over the breakfast room. Couldn't tell if it was sunny or rainy- kind of important to know how to dress for a day at the beach. When we requested to move rooms they offered us one by the ice maker and elevator which was also far away from our kids' room, so we just stayed in our claustrophobia inducing room. Not really sure why Hyatt would put Gold Passport Loyalty members in their worse room. Gave the overall hotel a good rating but our room was quite a disappointment.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank SeaColonySue
Thank you for being a loyal Hyatt Gold Passport member. We are certainly grateful for your loyalty and for choosing the Hyatt Place Dewey Beach. Our hotel has rooms with exterior views as well as those interior views that overlook our indoor pool and our atrium. Our interior rooms are typically quieter and we often get requests for them by families traveling with kids. In your instance, we apologize that the location of these rooms did not meet your needs. Please call us directly next time you are visiting the area to make exterior room requests as well as anything we can to do assists in ensuring an enjoyable stay. We hope you and the kids were able to enjoy yourselves at the beach. Thanks again for staying with us.

Safe travels,

Rochester, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I love staying at Hyatt Place for the decor, free wifi and free breakfast. And I would stay here again too.
However - I do have to downgrade this review given my experience on this visit. If you hate coming back to your room at 6pm from a day on the beach to an unmade room, then you know my vibe, I get it - its summer. Its a beach property so people leave rooms trashed. Plus Dewey Beach has some of that party-Jersey Shore vibe. However you are Hyatt not Best Western and should know you are in peak season and staff accordingly.

When I spotted the staff there were 4 cleaners working together. But they were laughing and displayed no urgency to get rooms cleaned. (Supervisor issue!) Two were standing in the hall pushing a laundry bin as the 2 others cleaned.

Worse part - Karen at front desk NEVER APOLOGIZED. One little word- sorry would have been enough to mollify the situation and assure me she was making request for housekeeping.

As a beach party town, there was the obligatory screaming in the hallways at 2AM.

At the same time, I appreciated Jamie who made oatmeal for my daughter even though it wasn't on buffet that morning.

With the limited accommodations along Eastern Beaches, you just need to expect some of this this.

4 Thank secondmoon95
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and for choosing the Hyatt Place Dewey Beach. I am happy to hear that in spite of your unfortunate experience during this visit, you would visit us again and give us the opportunity to serve you at a level that exceeds your expectations. I personally apologize for the issues that you have encountered during your visit. Your concerns have been addressed with our team. We strive towards giving all of our valued guests the service which you encountered with Jamie during breakfast. We hope that your daughter had a fun time while in Dewey. Thanks again for visiting us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Take care,

#1 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,624 reviews
Surf Club Oceanfront Hotel & Beach House
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#16 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Hyatt Place Dewey Beach? Share your experiences!