“Third visit......this will be our last!!!! Much changed!!”

Atlantic View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Ilion, New York
“Third visit......this will be our last!!!! Much changed!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We have stayed at Atlantic View Motel for a total of three times.-Obviously I enjoyed the first two visits which is why we decided to stay for the third time.
Let me just start by saying WOW!!!-Dirty!!!!
It had been two years since we stayed and this trip was lousy!
Upon check in we were greeted by a miserable lady whom did not smile and acted like we were troubling her.
1-dirty floors
2-stained walls
3-hair in linen! (My 16 year old daughter was grossed out)
4-dust and cob webs-bad!
5-grippers in the shower peeling up
6-balcony door broken
7-ask for extra towels (was told they were out).
8-beach chairs (that are complimentary) rusted
9-breakfast was crowded and limited
10-maid service-only half made up the beds

now for over $300.00 a night we will never stay at Atlantic View again.
I'm sorry but for the price I expect CLEAN!
Premium price for our hard earned money!!!!!-very dissapointed!

3 Thank tiffany d
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Tiffany I am truly sorry and extremely disappointed as well. What you experienced is the furthest from what we want to deliver to our guests. We failed you and for the items you stated there is no excuse. I will be speaking with our manager and the staff to make sure they recognize their lack of attention does not go unnoticed.
Atlantic View

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Millwood, New York
Reviewed 14 August 2012 via mobile

This is a very nice place right on the beach. We stayed on the fourth floor which had a really nice deck. Rooms are on the small side and bathroom is really small. However it is very clean and right on the beach which is a huge plus. Trolley to Rehoboth is a block away

Stayed August 2012
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us Alan and for taking the time to review the Atlantic View. We appreciate your business and the nice review.
Sanibel Island, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We loved everything about this motel. Very clean rooms. Staff was friendly and helpful.An obviously well-managed facility. Lots of nice amenities. Breakfast was over the top. Cookies and wine! Wonderful parking. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
SEABOARDHOTELS, Owner at Atlantic View Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlantic View and for the kind words. We greatly appreciate your business and for sharing your experience while staying with us.
Conway, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We had an excellent first time experience at this hotel! LOVED the fact that it is steps to the beach. The breakfast was way more than your typical continental breakfast offers. Nice amenities of wine happy hour and cookies in the evening. A clean pool and nice patio added to the pleasures of the stay. It was our first time and WILL NOT be our last! The owners take pride in this property and that's what makes all the difference:) I really hope to get a response on the letter I left for a Delaware Beach package I am putting together for an auction at a school in Pittsburgh. I got a parasailing gift card, restaurant card and and all I need is a place to stay offered! Thanks for a great stay......Dewey is awesome!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
It is always our goal to make the first stay at the Atlantic View the first of many to come so it is rewarding to read that you will be coming back to stay with us again. Thank you for the great review and for choosing to stay with us. We will look forward to seeing you again next year.
South Riding, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2012

When I booked this Hotel in Dewey Beach my wife and I were a bit leary on what to expect. We were pleasantly suprised! Great location right on the beach, clean and very friendly service. We will definitely go back for a long weekend and stay at the Atlantic View Motel in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill P
We work hard to deliver a great experience while staying with us at the Atlantic View so it is especially rewarding knowing we exceeded your expectations and that you will be staying with us again soon. Thank you for choosing the Atlantic View and for taking the time to review the hotel, it is sincerely appreciated.
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This is the second year I have planned my 5 day vacation at the Atlantic View Motel with my grandchildren, they are ages 16 and 14, We love the beach and since this is ocean front, it is very convenient, the beach access is great. I feel we have many memorable times to reflect back on as they grow older. The staff was very nice, and the rooms were clean and we felt very confortable during our stay. The breakfast was great, there is an assortment of items to choose from, we never felt the urge to eat breakfast elsewhere, and this is a great help with the cost of feeding 2 teenagers. I would definitely suggest this motel to my friends and look forward to next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
As a family owned and operated hotel we take a great deal of pride in the overall product we deliver to our guests. When I read a review that states we are helping make memorable vacations with family members it truly means a great deal to me. We want all of our guests to leave not only wanting to come back to stay with us again but reflecting on how they made a good choice for themselves and their family when the chose the Atlantic View for their vacation hotel. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us again and I sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
Elmira, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I stayed for 3 days with some girlfriends on the recommendation from my parents. We loved it. The hotel was beautiful, the staff was awesome. They were polite and nice and fun. The beach access was awesome and there were chairs available for us to go out. The cleaning staff did a great job as we brought plenty of sand back to the room :) Will definitely be coming again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
It is awesome to read that your mom gave you some more great advice! :) It is always great to hear from our guests about their stay with us so I thank you for the kind words in your great review. We will look forward to having you as opur guest again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dewey Beach
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
Boardwalk Plaza Hotel
#5 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#16 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Gold Leaf Hotel
Gold Leaf Hotel
#5 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Beach House Dewey
Beach House Dewey
#4 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Atlantic View Hotel? Share your experiences!