“Great 4th of July”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Newark, Delaware
“Great 4th of July”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came down with a couple friends for the 4th and it was great. The room was nice and clean. The staff was friendly, from Amy greeting us with a smile to Elisabeth helping us find our way around. We got to enjoy the beach, and the night life. Some great bars around. Go check the place out and have a great time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bugs1964

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Albany, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped on our way home from a Southern Vacation. We stay here every year and this year the Motel changed hands. THANKFULLY my favorite clerk (nice young lady who has worked here for 9 years) was on duty, training a new staff member. The rooms are painted, updated and still as reasonable as ever. Staff does make your stay top notch. We stayed at 5 places traveling over 2600 miles and this was the BEST stay of our trip. Such a pleasure to deal with helpful, courteous staff, in a facility that really cares about their customers. Wish I could find a Sea Esta IV on all of our travels ! ! !

Room Tip: We have stayed here for a week at a time and find the room adequate for our needs. Easy access to al...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJ S
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Sea Esta IV every spring for years and it was really getting a little dated looking. This year they have redone the rooms and it's really nice now. The rooms have been painted and housekeeping is doing a great job. The office workers are friendly and very helpful. The Young lady in the office told us that they have a new owner and he has done a great job of the makeover. Will be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have stayed at Sea Esta numerous times (Mostly at Sea Esta 4, but recently at Sea Esta 3)! We have always had an enjoyable stay! The staff at 3 went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and had access to any and everything we needed! The rooms were clean, the AC was cold! When our TV would not work after getting checked in, they made sure that they got it working! They were able to change our room to one with a better AC unit, but were willing to call in the repair guy if needed! We will stay at any of the Sea Esta's at anytime, given the fact that in the past three visits, we have not had even one tiny problem, that was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Try getting this safe friendly, prompt service form some of the big named hotels!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcpeters560
WELCOME
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I Called To Book a room After I Received an Email Confirming my Reservation and was told The Price went up $50 From when I got the email 6 days ago ..Now i Never Told Them To hold The room..And They do Have Rooms available...But I Have to Pay the Inflatted Price..Because Its a Busy Weekend....Is this Fair Practice?...ADIOS..SEA-ESTA!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
We are like any other hotel and our rates do fluctuate based on the time and demand. The quote sent to you was a week old and was quotes correctly for that time. It has always been that if you book first you are normally going to get the best rates. I am sorry we were not able to keep a rate quote open indefinitely until you have time to make up your mind.
I do truly apologize if this offends you, but it is how the travel industry has worked for as long as I have been working in it. We try to be a very affordable and clean property that does all we can to accommodate our guests and strive to make their stays with us the best they can be, but at the end of the day we are also a business that wants to stay in business. We are still very reasonably priced compared to the other hotels around us.
Once again I am sorry we were not able to hold the rate open for you longer, but our rates have always been subject to change without notice. Had you have booked the rate earlier when we first quoted we would have of coursed honored the rate for your stay, unfortunately you decided to wait a week before booking the room with us.

Travellers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

eASTERN pa
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I have stayed here many time in the past. The last two times I was there the rooms smelled of smoke, the linens were wrinkled like someone slept in them before. The towels even has dirty marks on them at check in. This used to be such a nice place to visit and dog friendly. Be aware this year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BEACHDUDE2
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
I am sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We do strive to exceed all expectations of our guests and I do apologize that we did not. Please know that the quality of you other past stays is what we strive to attain, and will keep doing our best to obtain.
I do not want to bore you with what our policies are as to changing sheets after every guest since that is what all hotels do, but instead I would like to re-assure you that this is an out of the ordinary event for us and definitely not the norm for our property.
I do wish you would give us another chance to prove this to you. If you would please think about giving us this opportunity I can promise that your stay will be what you have come to expect from the Sea Esta Motels.

Brandon Morris
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This motel is not for those in want of luxury. My first stay here was last year, solo and off season as I did some surf fishing. This year I took my wife 10/24-25 for just a little get away and again off season. The cost ... $45/night less 10% AAA.! Can't beat that with a stick. For that you get the basics and a bit more. Refrig, micro, ironing board and iron, cleaning and turn down service, ice machine, coffee maker (yuck - find a Wawa), TV with HBO and ample towels and plenty of hot water. The negatives: forget the pool, you'll be well aware of your neighbor's habits, the traffic noise can be disturbing and the mattress lumpy. But its clean and cheap. So enjoy the beach, the shopping and the restaurants and if you drink enough wine you'll sleep like a baby. See my restaurant review.

Room Tip: I suggest the second or third floor as car headlights are a bother on the first.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Gold Leaf Hotel
Gold Leaf Hotel
#5 of 13 in Dewey Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#14 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#16 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Atlantic View Hotel
Atlantic View Hotel
#2 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!