“Not again”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Dewey Beach
Media, Pennsylvania
“Not again”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Over all it was a cheap motel with no frills. At first it seemed pretty clean; however, there was mold all over the ac unit and dirt on the floors by the beds from the previous guests that was not cleaned up (including shriveled up blueberries). The motel allows pets which is great even though we left our dog at home. The people in the room behind us had decided to bring their dog and leave it unattended in the room. Unfortunately for us, we had to listen to this poor dog cry and bark from 2pm when we got there til we went out that night and again starting at 7 am! They should definitely implement a pet policy preventing people from leaving their pets alone or at least have a way to contact them if their pet is disturbing other guests. When I called the front desk to complain about the noise their answer was well if the dogs barking the owners are not around so hopefully they come back soon. Really!!??

• Stayed July 2014
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am very sorry to hear about your last stay with us. We do pride ourselves on cleaning the rooms much better than what you experienced. I do apologize and there really is nothing I can say to defend the room not being clean. The only thing I can say is that is not our norm for the motel. I am also sorry the desk clerk did not try to contact the dog's owner. While we cannot control our guests pets we should try to make your stay as peaceful as possible and I do apologize that we did not.
I am sure though that if you give us another chance we can show you that what you experienced with us would not be repeated. Thank you for your feedback as it gives us better insights as to what our guest are experiencing. I hope to see you again and that we can talk about how great everything is going with your next perfect stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This place is cheap. I paid just about $100 for the Sunday night after the 4th of July. Therefore, I wasn't expecting the Ritz-Carlton. And the Ritz it wasn't. BUT: it was clean, a good location, friendly and helpful staff. I wouldn't want to stay here for more than a night or two, but if you're looking for a cheap and clean place to stay, you can't beat it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JulieD27
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Came down with a couple friends for the 4th and it was great. The room was nice and clean. The staff was friendly, from Amy greeting us with a smile to Elisabeth helping us find our way around. We got to enjoy the beach, and the night life. Some great bars around. Go check the place out and have a great time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank bugs1964
Albany, New York
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stopped on our way home from a Southern Vacation. We stay here every year and this year the Motel changed hands. THANKFULLY my favorite clerk (nice young lady who has worked here for 9 years) was on duty, training a new staff member. The rooms are painted, updated and still as reasonable as ever. Staff does make your stay top notch. We stayed at 5 places traveling over 2600 miles and this was the BEST stay of our trip. Such a pleasure to deal with helpful, courteous staff, in a facility that really cares about their customers. Wish I could find a Sea Esta IV on all of our travels ! ! !

Room Tip: We have stayed here for a week at a time and find the room adequate for our needs. Easy access to al...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NJ S
Panama City Beach, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at Sea Esta IV every spring for years and it was really getting a little dated looking. This year they have redone the rooms and it's really nice now. The rooms have been painted and housekeeping is doing a great job. The office workers are friendly and very helpful. The Young lady in the office told us that they have a new owner and he has done a great job of the makeover. Will be coming back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leesport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have stayed at Sea Esta numerous times (Mostly at Sea Esta 4, but recently at Sea Esta 3)! We have always had an enjoyable stay! The staff at 3 went out of their way to see that we were comfortable and had access to any and everything we needed! The rooms were clean, the AC was cold! When our TV would not work after getting checked in, they made sure that they got it working! They were able to change our room to one with a better AC unit, but were willing to call in the repair guy if needed! We will stay at any of the Sea Esta's at anytime, given the fact that in the past three visits, we have not had even one tiny problem, that was not resolved in a satisfactory manner. Try getting this safe friendly, prompt service form some of the big named hotels!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcpeters560
WELCOME
Reviewed 17 May 2012

I Called To Book a room After I Received an Email Confirming my Reservation and was told The Price went up $50 From when I got the email 6 days ago ..Now i Never Told Them To hold The room..And They do Have Rooms available...But I Have to Pay the Inflatted Price..Because Its a Busy Weekend....Is this Fair Practice?...ADIOS..SEA-ESTA!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Brandon M, General Manager at Sea Esta Motels IV, responded to this review, 18 May 2012
We are like any other hotel and our rates do fluctuate based on the time and demand. The quote sent to you was a week old and was quotes correctly for that time. It has always been that if you book first you are normally going to get the best rates. I am sorry we were not able to keep a rate quote open indefinitely until you have time to make up your mind.
I do truly apologize if this offends you, but it is how the travel industry has worked for as long as I have been working in it. We try to be a very affordable and clean property that does all we can to accommodate our guests and strive to make their stays with us the best they can be, but at the end of the day we are also a business that wants to stay in business. We are still very reasonably priced compared to the other hotels around us.
Once again I am sorry we were not able to hold the rate open for you longer, but our rates have always been subject to change without notice. Had you have booked the rate earlier when we first quoted we would have of coursed honored the rate for your stay, unfortunately you decided to wait a week before booking the room with us.

Travellers are raving about these Dewey Beach hotels

Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#15 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
The Atlantic Oceanside Dewey Beach Resort
Beach House Dewey
Beach House Dewey
#4 of 13 in Dewey Beach

Been to Sea Esta Motels IV? Share your experiences!