Hawaii Resort Family Suites
Aston Anyer Beach Hotel(Anyer)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$46
US$59
US$30
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclub balibanana boathotel areavery nice placechildrenjakartagatheringseacourtrocks
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed here for 2 night for company meeting last Month (Mar 2014).
Arrived at this hotel at about 10pm, the room is ready...

I take out the extra beds for my children. I ask my wife to make coffee unfortunately no water heater. She turn on the stove but the fire won't light.
Then I try to turn on for 3 times, BOOM it almost burn my hand.
We call the room service and same thing happen, he almost burn his hands when turning on the stove. Finally he ask us to use the small one (there are 2 furnace).
After that I turn on the Air conditioner but it took very long time to cool the room. they should clean the filter more often.
As we arrived at night I want to take shower using hot water but no hot water at all. Not even warm.
On the 2nd night I bring food from the restaurant to my room (we request food for the whole company member for all time we stay). The next 15 minutes I want to eat, there's COCKROACH on it. So disgusting. I killed the cockroach and left it there for the room service.

Good about this hotel :
- Room is ready when we arrived, no need waiting time
- Food is good
- Waterpark (Allmost all company members enjoy the pool)
- Watersports (I play Jetski for 1 hour)
- The SPA
- Good view

BAD things about this hotel:
- Need maintenance before they kill their guest (especially stove, AC, water heater)
- Need Fumigation (I really hate cockroach)
- Gym equipment only a few and the gym was so dirty

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Firmanzie
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I went there with my family as a guest on an employee gathering my father was attending. Arriving from a very loooong trip, we had a lunch on the Big Island. The food quality weren't as good as I expected, it wasn't tasting fresh, although the taste was fairly okay. After that, we skipped the receptionists since we're in a group and we grab our keys from the committee.
As I walked towards my room in the third floor, the lift was having technical issues. It is the only lift in the house so we have to take all our luggage by ourselves by the stairs. The key to my room is also a bit confusing.
The room was super humid, so I have to turn all the air conditioner quickly. I got a suite with two rooms and a living room. The cleanliness wasn't that good, in my pillow I got some gecko-droppings which has dried. Imagine how disgusting it is. The room quality was okay, if you have your expectation right. In the suite though, the hotel provides cooking utensils such as a cauldron, varieties of knives, pile of bowls, plates, and eating ware. You just have to purchase the supplies from the hotel-owned mini mart.
There were three toilets in total, one well-equipped with bath tub or jacuzzi as they call it, one with just a toilet, and one with a standing shower. The toilet felt a bit cramped, there was barely a space to move around.
In the afternoon as I accompany my sister to the swimming pool, I felt a bit hungry. So, I ordered a chicken wrap. It is basically just a mixture of diced chicken, bits of lettuce, mayo, and bits of tomatoes, wrapped in thick tortillas. It wasn't fresh, again, the filling wasn't the right temperature. The tortillas were lightly toasted to give a hot impression. The swimming park was okay, since it has slides, though the biggest slides wasn't operational when I was there.
My sleeping quality was fairly okay, since the blanket was so thin, I thought it was a bed linen. Seems like my room has been vacant for a long time.

My final verdict: If you'd like to spend some quality time with your family, I suggest you'd rather pick the Marbella Suites with better value for money and shorter travel distance. But, if you like to have a Hawaii-themed holiday, than this resort is the one to pick.

Room Tip: -Do not pick the room on the first floor, it's very noisy since it is next to the pool table and the small restaurant. -Try to not purchase foods from the hotel, it's very expensive -Bring food supplies such as instant noodles, eggs, and else to your room, you're allowed to cook in the room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The receptionists were very friendly and helpful upon checking in. The rooms are not that big, but has many sections (living,kitchen,bedroom). I got a room with a bunk bed, best fit for older children and teenagers. The room has a TV, a fridge, a sink, and a water heater. At night, don't forget to close the windows, as because bugs will come in.

When bored, i travel around the hotel. It has a big water park, fitted with 3 or 4 slides. There is no beach available, unless you walk further to the right of the hotel. The hotel has a fitness center, a spa with a sauna, and a Hawaiian cultural center. They offered hula dancing, ukulele and lei making classes.

Overall, i would return. As i observed, the employees are very good when handling with young children. They also had a movie time for the children. The water activities had a wide variety, including night fishing and banana boat. They also provided guided trips to krakatau.

Room Tip: Bunk beds may please the children. Bring a blanket, the hotels only provide a small tiny blanket, while the room can get pretty cold.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Scharringa
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Went here for our office outing.
Although its a very looong trip to get here.. location is quite nice.. remote from everything

CHECKING IN
My family are the first group to arrive so we checked in.
reception desk is quite small, staffs from the security, bell boy and reception are nice
We got a Standard room at the first floor (115)

the elevator is wayyy back... (the lobby is actually 3rd floor) so we have to go down 2 floor

ROOM
first impression of the room the second we opened the door ..
the room is very very damp.. only 1 window facing the hall and little air circulation..
so we have to turn on the AC quickly to cool the room

ROOM FACILITES
complete kitchen sets, Stove (1 of the 2 is not working), cooking utensils, plates fork & spoons, a mineral water galon, microwave, fridge, toaster oven
we just need to bring along food produce and cook our meals there.

Bathroom is so tiny.. a shower and the toilet is really in a difficult position (wall on the left)

the only complaint for the room is ..THE NOISE.. since the door is not a solid door (those grill / grate door type). since there is a cafe and a pool table right accross the room.. people playing and make loud noises.. we cannot sleep..

OTHER FACILITIES
the waterpark is very nice... no sandy beach.. only lagoon and still cannot figure out what this lagoon is for.. would not bother to swim in there.. sorry..
prefer to go to the beach (Marina Jambu) only a minute drive

OTHER DOWNSIDE
parking lot is accross the road... have to walk quite a distance to get to your car..
Heard that the hotel also offers valet parking... but we did not see any of the staffs offering that.. bummer...
We cannot park at the front of the lobby.. we need to park accross the road.. (as told by security) but every morning we did see the front lobby filled with parked cars.. clearly the staffs are not strict with their own terms

will stay here again? maybe...

Room Tip: do not stay in the ground rooms.. just avoid staying in rooms starting with 1... hahahaha
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fananda
Reviewed 13 December 2013

My company held an event there. We stay there for 2 days and 1 night.
Here are the thought that I could share :
Plus :
- Pool : quite fun!
- Facilities : quite complete
- View was OK
Minus :
- Room size : sharing 1 room with other 4 peoples were far from comfortable, with that small bathroom
Food : the taste, the amount, the variations, so poor. at the event, most of the employee only eat small portion of rice with just vegetables. no other food to pick.
- Parking lot : takes a lot of energy to go to the bus. Building a high bridge may be one of the solution

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business