“Time for some changes” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 196 Restaurants in Dover
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Eastern Shore
“Time for some changes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have always loved this restaurant. But it is getting a little boring seeing the same old stuff.
New Menu would be nice (especially new desserts, these are really old) Maybe some more fun looking Martini/Manhattan glasses. The salad that came with my dinner last time was a little "sick" looking - spruce it up. One more small item, the wait staff. I like my waitress to be friendly but not chummy like my BFF's.
Again, the food and drinks are always good. Just looking for something new!

• Visited September 2013

Smyrna, Delaware
“Fishtabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

One of our favorite places for seafood! Friendly knowledgeable staff, clean atmosphere, delicious variety of dishes!! Now that I think of it, why didn't we go there for dinner tonight?

• Visited May 2013
Liverpool, New York
“Best seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Come early because they open at 5 and by 5:30 the place was full. People were waiting at the bar and door way when we left.

Great service, amazing food. The Maryland clam chowder was hot with just a little kick to it.
Husband had their prime rib and it was cooked to perfection. It was huge and he couldn't finish it all. I had the Shellfish pan roast: shrimp, scallops, clams, mussels and 1/2 rock lobster in a lemon thyme tomato sauce which was a seafood lovers dream.
We both ordered dessert, but I brought the white chocolate raspberry cheesecake back to the hotel after seeing the size of my husband's bread pudding. The pudding was a large triangular serving on a plate with whip cream and Carmel sauce drizzled all over. It was still warm and just melted in your mouth. We shared the cheesecake the next night and too was decadent.

Next year we plan on eating here every night we are in Dover.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Scrapbooker8398
Selbyville, Delaware, United States
“Good food, excellent server, forced vegetable choices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I and four others in our five person party had a large piece of prime rib (about $30 each). The only vegetable choice was sparsely arranged broccoli on a saucer (it did not look very appealing so I did not touch it) and a potato croquet (a large flat bottomed tater tot) in lieu of mashed potatoes which always compliments this meal much better. The bread was enough but had to be asked for (I like bread or rolls to be available throughout my meal). They brought dessert examples to the table, all looked great and I had the apple crumb pie. Extremely good because I seldom eat dessert anywhere, but when put under your nose, that apparently makes the difference. Overall good food, high prices for the area, but vegetable choices were non existent. If I ever try this place again I'll go for the seafood as I've read that it's very good. My 84 y.o. mother had crab cakes (two small silver dollar sized). She said they tasted good but looked inadequate for the cost. For consistently good and under priced prime rib try Kirby & Holloway Family Restaurant in Dover, excellent experience from beginning to end, all facets of the meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Donald P
Felton, Delaware, United States
“One of our top three favorites in Dover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

We love Cool Springs. The food and service are consistently wonderful. The decor is simple and relaxing. There is often a wait on Fridays and Saturdays, but we just go a little later. The specials are delicious. Its a great place for seafood and a glass of wine. If you prefer a mixed drink, the bartenders are generous - nothing weak or watered down. They will even make special requests. The owner's desserts are truly amazing. In the fall, he makes pumpkin cheesecake that is out of this world. Heaven and Hell, a culinary achievement, made with alternating layers of devil's food and angel food cakes, filled with a peanut butter ganache, is the ultimate!

• Visited May 2013