“A great IHOP” 5 of 5 bubbles

IHOP
Ranked #40 of 196 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
“A great IHOP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I wouldn't ordinarily review a chain place like an IHOP, but for THIS IHOP I make an exception. My typical IHOP experience is a long wait, inattentive service and an "I could care less" attitude. Well, NOT HERE. The staff was amazing. We showed up as part of a group of 20 people. They had us seated, all close to each other very quickly and it did not cause a long wait for "normal size" parties who showed up as we were waiting. I noticed two people who seemed to be in a Management role and both were working hard to direct the staff and make sure the customers were happy. Their attitude obviously carried over to the wait staff who were all very friendly and efficient.

IHOP should model this location as an example for the rest of their locations.

Visited May 2013

“The best IHOP anywhere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

IHOP food is rather standard. But, this place has the best service of all the IHOP's. We know the regional manager personally and she has trained these employees to perfection.
I really enjoy a jolly teenager as a waitress or waiter.

Try it and see if you notice the difference.

Visited April 2013
Felton, Delaware
“Love it here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

Love going to this IHop. Service is excellent. The managers are always friendly and the food is always hot. ervice staff is on top of their game always.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adana, Turkey
“Caution cattle crossing ahead.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

Love Love Love IHOP, It’s the only breakfast chain restaurant that offers hot sauce other than Tabasco. But it seems this IHOP also has the National IHOP conspiracy of being too small an establishment to fit all its patrons! This locations waiting area has even become too small and I see many people having to wait outside. =( I find this shrinkage problem at almost every IHOP I’ve visited across the US. It must be a cost saving IHOP regulation to make their restaurants small and low budget, or just clutter the place with too many tables so that they can spit out their food (which even with the quick turn-around the food keeps its good quality) and drive their customers in and out quickly like the grazing cattle we are. This restaurant’s case is even more severe because their guests are squeezed into this small space like sardines, for max capacity. (Feeding more of the masses, confined in small space, quicker, = profits?!) God forbid there is ever a fire during peak hours! Anyway; why order from the menu, when you can just sample your neighbor’s plate? It’s the least you can do since your practically sitting in their lap, I mean normally you’d buy them a drink first to be so close and intimate. It also becomes problematic when the guests and waitresses squeeze between the ever close tables to be seated or serve food and they provide me my first lesbian experience by booty checking my cheek….. OK, this IS an exaggeration, but it’s seriously close to that point! -I’ve been brushed by people’s coats, purses, and elbows because there is no “bubble space”! Yu know, there comes a point where I’d almost rather be booty checked cause then maybe they’re trying to come-on-to–me, which can be taken as a compliment instead of rudely smacking me with your apparel unbeknownst to you because the establishment doesn’t provide safe adequate walking space –Still great food and great workers/waitresses which bring a good compromise to the experience and keeps me coming back for more branding. MOOOOooove over………

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spain
“IHOP on North End of Dover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

Menu is very complete for all meals. Standard, good IHOP. Service was friendly and reasonably quick, considering that I arrived at their peak volume hour of the morning.

Visited November 2012

Been to IHOP? Share your experiences!