“Horrible Customer Service”

Ranked #99 of 198 Restaurants in Dover
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This place is TERRIBLE!!!!!! I see why this place is always sparse.

Their food is tasteless, the service is hit or miss, and the management is ludicrous. We had previously eaten here before and it was okay but this time our party had a certificate for a certain amount off the total bill. Management told us after the meal that they did not except it and when we spoke to the manager he was incredibly rude.
From the way he approach the situation, to handling the manner, the manager did not make the situation better. In fact, the manager actually made it worse by not trying to offer compensation to satisfy us, the customer; i.e. free dessert, percentage off bill, or I don't know, maybe just grant us the credit this one time. Then he decided to insult us and tell us to leave. Our certificate specifically says IT DOES NOT EXPIRE. You can't just change the rules and not grandfather previous customers in. That is just immoral and certainly a poor way to conduct business.

We will never again go here. We will also tell everyone in Dover how horrible the service was.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I can't believe the negative reviews I just read! This place is always has good food. Their new England clam chowder is awesome. My husband and I both had the pan fried founder. It was great. The restaurant has been recently remodeled. Looks great and clean!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We live in smyrna del. And go to dover at least one time a week .when we do we always went to pier 13 and always got good food and service. About a six month ago it started down hill and has not stopped . We kown sometimes things arn't golng to be perfect but after to many times of bad food , cold food , and not all but most waiteriss being piss poor we had enough after are last vist of sitting there for over one half and not even asked about drinks we got up an left . After we left we called and asked if they missed us , they didn't know we were even gone or got up and left .

Ps we were not the only couple there that was forgot the other couple was there over twenty minutes and had seen a waiteriss .

1  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Our nearby hotel recommended this restaurant and we didn't read the reviews before going. This is the first review I have ever written.
Stay away from Shuckers. I've had better frozen seafood at fast food restaurants! I wa served low quality frozen breaded shrimp and flounder. I was offered no compensation when I told the waitress that I could not eat my meal because it was that bad. she said that she hoped we would give them another chance. A reputable restaurant would have offered compensation or another meal. The final nail in their coffin came when a bug crawled across the table while we were eating! There are some very good restaurants in town. Always check out the reviews first!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

The desk clerk at the hotel where we stayed "on the way" told us about this place. He said everyone he sent there gave it great reviews. It sure doesn't look like much from the outside, but we had a great meal there. The waiter was very attentive (if somewhat unknowledgeable about Gluten-Free). One meal was fresh grilled scallops with sweet potatoes; the other a salmon with roasted, rosemary'd potatoes. Both had a side of fresh pineapple. When the tab came, we were somewhat incredulous - with 3 glasses of wine between us, a salad each and freshly grilled seafood - the tab (before tip) was less than $50. We'll stop here again on the way back!

Been to Shucker's Pier 13? Share your experiences!