“"Bullbeef is suppose to be red" Yuck!”
Review of Jake's Burgers

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jake's Burgers
Ranked #88 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Smyrna, Delaware
“"Bullbeef is suppose to be red" Yuck!”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We were regulars at Jake's up in New Castle, and were excited when they finally came to Dover. However , after a few trips down to our local Jakes, we noticed the quality just was not there anymore - one of our last trips, my wifes burger was barely Medium Rare (vice Medium Well/Well as they usually cook them) when I took the burger back up to the counter, to tell them that it was very rare, and it needed to be cooked, the 'Young Man' behind the counter informed me (and this is not a joke, but a direct quote) 'This is Bullbeef, its suppose to be red' Lets just say my reply also had the word 'BULL in it' another fellow came up to the counter to try to assist, and when I explained the undercooked burger, he promised to take care of the situation, which he did, with a smile. I went to the Jakes Burger's website, and went to the comment area, as much to complain about the 1st cook, as I was to compliment the 2nd one. I figured I would hear back from corporate, but I never did. I had forgotten all about it, until several months later, I receive an email from Jake's corporate, apologizing, and offering me a gift card, and oh, by the way, would you like to be one of our secret shoppers? I gave them my home address, and a few weeks later, the gift card arrived and the information to fill out on my next visit to rate them. Lets just say, I filled out their paperwork, sent it in, along with the receipt, and I never heard from them again. - VERY Disappointed, and damn do I wish a 5 Guys would come to the area !

• Visited April 2012

“Homemade burgers”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

If you have a craving for some home made burgers, please visit here. They have thick milkshakes like the olden days. Takes me back to when I was a little girl.

Visited July 2012
“BEST MILKSHAKES”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

amazing fresh food and the best milkshakes around :)

Visited May 2012
“Good local spot”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is a good local burger spot with awesome milk shakes.

Visited January 2012
milford de
“great homestyle burgers”
Reviewed 11 December 2011

convenient locations and a growing chain.
I think its one of the better homestyle burgers you will ever eat.
the staff is quick and friendly.this burger is similar to backyard burgers chain . great shakes fast food but better quality

Visited November 2011

Been to Jake's Burgers? Share your experiences!