“Another great stop on the way to O.C.”

Hilton Garden Inn Dover
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The staff at the front desk was always accommodating (allowed another family traveling with us to park their 5th wheel camper with big truck in side lot with no questions asked), courteous, and very pleasant. They offered up more than enough information when inquiring about the free casino shuttle and activities at the casino other than the obvious gambling. Free coffee, juice, and cookies (which were very good) seemed to be available all day now, a treat (especially when children in tow). I believe it was coffee only, in morning, and just cookies in afternoon the last couple years. The room was nicely cleaned and ready at 2pm. This hotel has yet to fail to get me into a comfortable room, after a long drive, within minutes of arrival...A+.

Pool area continues to be small (they're not knockin' down walls anytime soon...lol), but certainly usable. Was never crowded this year or years past. I do wish they had better ventilation for the chlorine though as it tends to get irritating after awhile. Next year I may prop door to outside to get some air as some of the children in our group started coughing after an evening swim of only 20 mins. or so. Even the adults were rubbing eyes. Nice sitting area outside of pool is another bonus, as well as comfortable (a couch and chairs with TV) seating in the lobby as well. Nice options to go to besides your room when you get that cramped feeling.

First year using the free wi-fi and it worked well, good signal and no drop-outs. (Room 426). We have never had a room on the front of building, but the ones in back (facing woods) are very quiet. Would seem ones in front wouldn't not be at all bad either as this hotel is off the Dupont Hwy. by a couple of football fields maybe.

All in all, another great, albeit short (one night), stay. The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, Dover, DE never fails to impress. Always welcomed you back upon your return. So much so that I already booked for next year (July 2014)!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the woods in back are quiet. May want to stay away from pool area (1st floor to right o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Dover

Reviewed 28 July 2013

hotel was okay .The room was clean but air conditioner was poor and tv broke on second night. location okay. I have stayed at better hilton properties. Didn't have breaksfast so I can't comment on that

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Being a musician & radio personality I always look to be booked at THIS particular hotel. The lobby has recently been renovated. The staff is friendly and cordial. The hotel is very clean and well laid out. Free lemonade and cookies when you enter.....you can't go wrong with that. If you plan to stay at this hotel, book your room early in advance. If you wait to the last minute you may not get a room as during peak months this place gets 100% booked.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I was here in May 2013 on the weekend of 2 college graduations. My family and I checked in at 3AM. The gentleman who checked us in did not tell me anything about breakfast, although we purchased that option. He did not direct me to the elevators, AND when my mother and 2 children came in after I went to move the car he directed them to the wrong room.

During breakfast the nest morning, most guests were confused about what items were complimentary versus which ones had to be paid for. I asked the woman at the front desk and she told us to find a table and tell the waitress what I wanted. So we sat down. It turned out this was incorrect info. The poor waitress told us to go to the counter to order. The restaurant was extremely busy and it took over 20 minutes to get our orders. We left the waitress a healthy tip as she was working very hard.

The best feature of this hotel is the location. It is very close to Dover Downs and the college we were visiting. The staff, however, could use some help.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We had our family reunion at this hotel. experience was great from beginning to the end. The staff was very pleasant and the rooms were comfortable. We had the Jr. Suite and it was like a little apartment without the stove. Breakfast was delicious at the restaurant. They catered the dinner for the family reunion. The food was excellent. The staff was amazing. We had a wonderful time at this hotel. I recommend it highly. We had a wonderful time at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Disclaimer: We stayed here over the 4th of July weekend so the hotel was busy. This appears to be a place where many travelers are either passing through or overflow from the casino. My neighbors were overflow and decided to go to their room at 330 AM and party until sunrise. They were very noisy and the door which separates the rooms must be paper thin because we could hear their entire conversation , which seemed endless. The front desk staff was not helpful over the phone but were very busy texting when I went to complain. We waited 45 mins for our breakfast orders which were not worth the wait, When I did complain to the manager the following Monday, he was very helpful and seemed concerned. I stayed here based on the previous excellent reviews but feel it was far below my expectations. Hope your stay is better than ours. I suppose it is hit or miss..

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charles B
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We tried Hilton the Garden Inn in Dover because we couldn't get a reasonable room in Seaford. We had daily business in Seaford and truly didn't mind traveling 45 minutes each way daily. Our stay was for 5 days and it was an enjoyable experience - Room was extremely clean and service was excellent. Lobby staff was courteous and friendly. Will recommend to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple