“Wonderful”

Hollywood Diner
Ranked #62 of 197 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: 302-734-7462
West Lebanon, Indiana, United States
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Love this place. Eat there every time I am in Dover. Great atmosphere. Food is great and the value is PERFECTT. Try it and love it.

Visited January 2014

“It turns out you can ruin diner food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

My friend and I saw this diner the night before; and it was packed. The next morning we wanted breakfast, so we thought we would go to this diner. We got there and the place was packed again. We thought, "it must be good." We were seated right away; but then had to wait a while for a waitress. Once the waitress came, we placed our drink and food orders. She returned promptly with our coffees. We waited over 30 minutes for our food. The waitress said that they were down one cook and some wait staff. I ordered eggs benedict and it was practically flavorless. My friend order chipped beef on toast; and it had a texture that was as if the flour or corn starch had not been mixed in well, or there was too much of it. It also was flavorless. After we left we stopped for gas, and to get something to drink for the road. My friend commented she needed something to get the bad diner taste out of her mouth. The attendant said she has heard bad things about all the diners in the area including this one.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Parott1966
Milford, Massachusetts
“Eh, It's a Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

A number of years ago I ate at the Hollywood Diner, just to see what it was like. I was not impressed. Diner food. Diner ambience, but a bit bedraggled.

Yesterday my wife and I had lunch there, just to get an update. The ambience is improved. The service was okay. The food was a bit of a disappointment. We both ordered the hot pastrami sandwich on rye, which came with fries.

It took longer than I would have suspected to get our food, given how few people were in the diner. The 'rye' bread was Wonder Bread-ish. The pastrami seemed authentic, but was too salty. Too salty even for my wife, who loves salty food. The fries were good.

So, it's a diner. You can eat there for cheap and the food will neither kill nor inspire you. If you are a fan of traditional diner architecture you might want to add it to your lifetime list. Otherwise I'd suggest you hike up the road a bit to Kirby and Holloway's Family Restaurant. A much better experience all around at similar prices.

Visited August 2013
Upstate NY
“Great breakfast place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast here 3 times during our stay in Dover. The food was good and arrived quickly! Portions were large. The waitresses were very friendly and were attentive. However, I do think the the interior could use a little sprucing up.

• Visited July 2013
Liverpool, New York
“Great diner food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Went here for breakfast twice during our visit . Both times, the service and food were very good.
The breakfast sausage was excellent. Food arrived quickly and was sufficient .

• Visited June 2013