“Great location and well cared for property”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dover
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We were very tired after a long day of travel and were happy with our accommodations. The property is located very close to several restaurant choices. The breakfast was excellent and the choices were varied. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ilenemac
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites Dover

Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night, Saturday Oct. 12, while attending college homecoming. Nice clean room, comfortable queen size beds, free WiFi, with a very impressive breakfast included!!! Will definitely stay at HIE again!!!! :-)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank lfo1947
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Remarried same woman after 25yrs (and I truly say that respectfully) and brang her here as part of our 1st anniversary (2 hotels & 2 casinos this wknd - light gambler). We were upgraded to executive rm. Didn't expect much but we were completely surprised. She definitely made use of the jacuzzi. Very nice room! Very close to Dover Downs casino. I'm not a gambler but loved the buffet. The executive chef even looked out for my wife on a dessert take out - ssshhh. Didn't know there was a racetrack attached to it so will definitely be back to experience that. Plus I needed parts for my car and it had to be from the dealer. And guess who was there - tax free! Great staff!
Couldn't give 5*'s b/c the internet system is so bad its pathetic! The internet co. that they deal w/ can either be rude/just can't be reached through their phone system. When trying to call the outside system somehow it ends up calling 911 & having the Dover police show up at ur room. So no internet & the police showing up a matter of mins after checking in. As I explained this to the mgr & 1 of the staff the following day, the staff member matched my words word for word when I explained the police part so apparently this is a recurring problem that continues to exist.
I was compensated partially for the room rate but as a longtime Platinum member I felt that it warranted a full refund b/c of the infractions. This was not only a wedding ann. but business as well (ex:car parts).

Room Tip: Great if no need for internet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RastaMan7
Reviewed 10 October 2013

It was late and I literally only wanted to sleep. This property is easy to find and the front staff efficient and friendly. I got to my room and thought I was home, or better, when I crawled into bed! It was a night of sleep to be remembered! Seriously! The bed was plush and I can’t imagine a better sleep environment. If you are in Dover, this is where you want to stay.

Room Tip: My room was on the backside of the hotel and was perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EnjoyTravelAlways
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Easy access location off Rt. 1, good rates, clean rooms and extremely courteous staff made for a very pleasant stay. I often stay at Holiday Inn Expresses on business and this location is my favorite out of all of them. If you closed your eyes and walked thru the hotel, then into you room and onto the bed, you would not think you were in a HIE. Front desk staff never fail to address me by name when checking in and have my upgrade already processed without my having to request it. Pool, exercise room, front hall and breakfast area are always in top notch condition.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank John G
Reviewed 20 August 2013

clean, comfortable - great staff...great breakfast. Our room was large - had everything we needed - including a variety of pillows from firm to soft. One caveat - the king size bed was so big - and comfortable - but the bottom sheet was just that much too small - the corners popped off a bit and made the bottom sheet a bit lumpy in spots. I slept well anyways. Parking was great - really convenient. Can't say enough good things about the breakfast - it was more than enough - fruit, eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, yogurt - you name, they had it - including really good, hot coffee. Good stay - good value - will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank moreauak
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay. Pet friendly! Didn't get a chance to try the free breakfast that was offered, but it smelled wonderful. Speaking of smells, the rooms and halls smelled fresh and clean, like they used Frebreeze. Beds were super comfortable too!

• Stayed: August 2013