“Breakfast=awesome.”
Review of Hampton Inn Dover

Hampton Inn Dover
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Room was very nice and clean. Location is a little sketchy just because it's obscured by several buildings in front of it. They have complimentary breakfast which is a plus, nothing to fancy, enough to get you through the day. All in all a excellent stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast selections were much better than I expected...The room was very clean and I would recommend this hotel to all family members and friends...this site is easily accessible to routes 1 and routes 13

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of our hotel.
We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we may do to make your next stay even a better one. We appreciate any recommendations that you may give.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

For the same amount of money you can stay next door at the Hampton Inn's cleaner sister but you do get a free breakfast at the Hampton Inn and the Hilton will cost you 10$. If I had know that the Hampton was going to be dirty and smelly then I would of paid for my breakfast. I was checked in my Becca who was pleasant but didn't really seem to be too shocked when I complained about both my rooms. I was put in room 110 first which was a great location and seemed quit from the street. But to my alarm when I pulled back the bedspread the sheets where just pulled up straight and the fitted sheet was not tucked in. The sheets were so wrinkled and unkempt plus the flat sheet was not folded back and tucked in like a freshly made bed would be in EVERY hotel I have ever stayed in cause alarm. I was afraid that this bed was slept in. Now it could be that housekeeping just doesn't know how to make and bed but I was not chancing it. So I asked for another room and to make sure it was far away from smoking. She gave me 319. First impression was why does my bed spread look like I just landed on the moon? All these bulked up balls. You could not lay on the bed without knobs in your back. I rolled back the spread and low and behold the fitted sheet was folded back and tucked in even though the sheets were still wrinkled. I called down and said what is wrong with this bedspread? She matter of fact said we try to not let the baffles in the puff ball up like that but we are having trouble with it happening. Thats it! I didn't say but was thinking...I just paid 100$ so put on a frikin new one already! I slept ok except for the barking dog in the front courtyard at 6am and the loud truck noise from the highway. Oh, and I had to shut off the fridge in the room because it was LOUD and ran quite a bit. I will say that even though I did not smell smoke in my room, the air was stuffy and the sheets smelled of a faint smell of smoke. I am sure they wash the smoking room laundry with the non so it just didn't have a clean smell. Or maybe housekeeping didn't add any dryer sheets? With the dog waking me up barking for 5 minutes I decided to shower, get breakfast and hit the road early. I had not spent much time in the bathroom upon my arrival because it was later and only just brushed my teeth before bed. So now I am looking at the floor. Human hair everywhere in plain sight! No way was that floor vacuumed. Thank god I had slippers on. I was so grossed out, I bagged the shower and just packed. I can not prove this but when I got home the next day I had to put calamine lotion on four bites I had on my stomach, like a bug had bit me and it itched. They were fresh bites. I can not say that it was from this hotel because I DID NOT see any bugs but I was not really looking for them either. But it was in the back of my mind that it may have been from the room. It is a first for me to have a few bug bites on my belly so this was weird. Breakfast was good. Lots of healthy and not so healthy options but good offering in a pleasant eating environment. Next time I will stay at the Hilton...which was clean and I should have just stayed there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay. We strive to provide the quality experience you expect from our brand and regret this was not your experience. We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to the city in the future.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was very happy with the service from the first voice saying welcome to the Hampton Inn, And I was greeted and given a warm cookie, to the last voice at checkout from the front desk attendant saying "Thank You for staying and come again as I left.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I spent two nights here in April. Excellent stay - room was clean and comfortable, the cookies in the lobby in the afternoon were great and everyone was very nice and extremely helpful. Good location on Route 13 but far enough back from the main road to be very quiet. I plan to stay again the next time I'm in Dover.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

This hotel recently had a major face lift. It looks better - especially in the Lobby, and the Staff are always great. The breakfast is much improved and there is usually coffee and cookies available at the front desk. By far our favorite hotel stay in Dover.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Thank you.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel and traveled the following morning to Six Flags in NJ. (about 2 hours away.)
Good things to say: Hotel was clean; staff was courteous; note on headboard stating duvet covers and sheets were cleaned for arrival which is reassuring (I always wonder if the hotel I'm staying at cleans the blankets/bedspread.) Good food for breakfast (had the waffles, potatoes, and cereal during stay.) @ 2 blocks from Dover Downs (if that's your thing. It wasn't applicable to us but I thought that might help someone.
Other comments to consider: Exterior road sign not lit. If arriving at night, it would be hard to see because it sets back in the parking lot. A tip would be that it is in the "Sams Club" complex. In fact, that was our view from the room. Another note is that the hallways were always warm and stuffy. In fact, the room was when we first arrived, but the AC fixed that problem just fine. There could be some attention to detail to our room. The pictures will show some defects in the bathroom mirrors. Minor cosmetic flaw, but its that attention to detail that makes you feel confident that everything is maintained well. Look at tips for room choice, also.

Room Tip: Choose a room number ending in 16 or higher. Rooms ending in 11-15 are near elevators; and lower nu...