“Hampton Inn Dover”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Portsmouth, United States
“Hampton Inn Dover”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Excellent establishment. Courteous and professional staff. Friendly atmosphere. Convenient location for dining, gambling, shopping, etc. Close proximity to Air Force Base. Sam's Club in the rear a definite plus.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Our team is always striving to make your stay 100% satisfactory. We do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.
Thank you.
Cindy Price-GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Stockbridge, United States
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were delighted to find this particular Hampton Inn who accommodates a pet. The Hampton provided the same great quality when traveling with a pet as without. From past experiences, other Inns are pet friendly, but most than not, the rooms are downgraded. Not so here. Highly recommend a pet friendly Hampton to everyone!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Your pet is your best friend and will always be welcomed by our team. We do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.
Thank you.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Room was very nice and clean. Location is a little sketchy just because it's obscured by several buildings in front of it. They have complimentary breakfast which is a plus, nothing to fancy, enough to get you through the day. All in all a excellent stay.

• Stayed May 2014
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.
Long Branch, NJ, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast selections were much better than I expected...The room was very clean and I would recommend this hotel to all family members and friends...this site is easily accessible to routes 1 and routes 13

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review of our hotel.
We always appreciate feedback from our valued guests. We look forward to your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we may do to make your next stay even a better one. We appreciate any recommendations that you may give.
killington
Reviewed 8 May 2014

For the same amount of money you can stay next door at the Hampton Inn's cleaner sister but you do get a free breakfast at the Hampton Inn and the Hilton will cost you 10$. If I had know that the Hampton was going to be dirty and smelly then I would of paid for my breakfast. I was checked in my Becca who was pleasant but didn't really seem to be too shocked when I complained about both my rooms. I was put in room 110 first which was a great location and seemed quit from the street. But to my alarm when I pulled back the bedspread the sheets where just pulled up straight and the fitted sheet was not tucked in. The sheets were so wrinkled and unkempt plus the flat sheet was not folded back and tucked in like a freshly made bed would be in EVERY hotel I have ever stayed in cause alarm. I was afraid that this bed was slept in. Now it could be that housekeeping just doesn't know how to make and bed but I was not chancing it. So I asked for another room and to make sure it was far away from smoking. She gave me 319. First impression was why does my bed spread look like I just landed on the moon? All these bulked up balls. You could not lay on the bed without knobs in your back. I rolled back the spread and low and behold the fitted sheet was folded back and tucked in even though the sheets were still wrinkled. I called down and said what is wrong with this bedspread? She matter of fact said we try to not let the baffles in the puff ball up like that but we are having trouble with it happening. Thats it! I didn't say but was thinking...I just paid 100$ so put on a frikin new one already! I slept ok except for the barking dog in the front courtyard at 6am and the loud truck noise from the highway. Oh, and I had to shut off the fridge in the room because it was LOUD and ran quite a bit. I will say that even though I did not smell smoke in my room, the air was stuffy and the sheets smelled of a faint smell of smoke. I am sure they wash the smoking room laundry with the non so it just didn't have a clean smell. Or maybe housekeeping didn't add any dryer sheets? With the dog waking me up barking for 5 minutes I decided to shower, get breakfast and hit the road early. I had not spent much time in the bathroom upon my arrival because it was later and only just brushed my teeth before bed. So now I am looking at the floor. Human hair everywhere in plain sight! No way was that floor vacuumed. Thank god I had slippers on. I was so grossed out, I bagged the shower and just packed. I can not prove this but when I got home the next day I had to put calamine lotion on four bites I had on my stomach, like a bug had bit me and it itched. They were fresh bites. I can not say that it was from this hotel because I DID NOT see any bugs but I was not really looking for them either. But it was in the back of my mind that it may have been from the room. It is a first for me to have a few bug bites on my belly so this was weird. Breakfast was good. Lots of healthy and not so healthy options but good offering in a pleasant eating environment. Next time I will stay at the Hilton...which was clean and I should have just stayed there again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
I would like to take a moment to personally thank you for submitting your experience. Your feedback is truly important to us because it helps us to realize both our strengths and weaknesses from our guests' point of view. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations throughout your stay. We strive to provide the quality experience you expect from our brand and regret this was not your experience. We will keep your concerns in mind as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' needs and hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to the city in the future.

Ridgely, United States
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I was very happy with the service from the first voice saying welcome to the Hampton Inn, And I was greeted and given a warm cookie, to the last voice at checkout from the front desk attendant saying "Thank You for staying and come again as I left.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest survey. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.

New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I spent two nights here in April. Excellent stay - room was clean and comfortable, the cookies in the lobby in the afternoon were great and everyone was very nice and extremely helpful. Good location on Route 13 but far enough back from the main road to be very quiet. I plan to stay again the next time I'm in Dover.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this review, 28 April 2014