“Comfort”
Review of Hampton Inn Dover

Hampton Inn Dover
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was a very nice hotel. I was very impressed with the quality of the room and hotel overall. I will rate it a 5. It felt just like being at home. The bathroom was nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. I hadn't stayed here for a while but I was very happy. I loved the breakfast everything was very nice and the choice was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

Dear valued guest,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a nice hotel that my family booked for the family reunion. I ran into some booking and housekeeping snafus while there. I reported my displeasure upon check out and the staff used the 100% guarantee to rectify the situation and ensure my satisfaction with customer care.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear valued guest thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review of our hotel.
I am truly sorry that your experience was not 100% satisfying. We do strive to meet this goal.
I am happy to hear that you were compensated and I do hope that you will visit with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed for one night. The 1st room we were given had an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke. We had requested a non-smoking room. After complaining to the front desk we were quickly given another room. The room iwas ok, but seems dark and dated. The A/C was noisy and never seemed to cool enough. Had it on constant fan and it still cycled on and off. Breakfast was good. Hot and fresh - no complaints there. This was our 2nd visit to this hotel. This Hampton Inn doesn't seem to meet the quality that we've come to expect with Hampton Inn. Not a terrible experience, just not the greatest. The cleanliness definitely needs to be addressed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. We always appreciate your comments. We are looking to do renovations in the near future and you can be assured that your concerns have been addressed.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This Hampton Inn as in all Hampton Inns we have stayed at was excellent in all areas of service. I was impressed with the fact that animals are accepted at this hotel and I saw a dog come in, but there was NO smell or even sounds to our room from any animals. I would bring my Engilsh Bulldog on my next visit knowing he would be welcome and no one would have anything to complain about.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear valued guest, Thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. I am glad that you had a good stay and we look forward to your return along with your pet whom is always welcome.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Overall a good experience, but the rooms are a bit outdated compared with other Hampton Inn's. Its also located in a Sam's club parking lot, but it is close to the Casino. Breakfast was good and there were plenty of choices. Not safely walkable to the casino, and I didn't see a shuttle, so driving or taxi is probably your best bet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear valued guest, thank you for writing a Trip Advisor review of our hotel. Please be advised that we will be working on renovations of our hotel in the near future. We always appreciate your comments and do hope that you will visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Why is this world traveller taking the time to rate the Dover Hampton Inn? Because they deserve it! Great hotel, very clean, fantastic front desk service, and great price. Yeah, you have to drive/taxi to the Casino, but your saving a lot and staying in a good hotel. Recently remodeled or upgraded from the looks of things, and an above-average breakfast- yogurt, eggs, bagels, cereal, and a freakin' waffle maker! Coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby. Just make the reservation already!

Room Tip: Top floor, end of hall was quiet and overlooked the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H3KB4Y2K

Dear valued guest, thank you for your Trip Advisor response. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel. We look forward to future visits. Please let us know what we can do to make your next stay better.

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Right after we checked in we found out that the TVs didnt work. We called the front desk fpr help and we got it in less than 5 minutes! Turned out to be a simple fix, but we were grateful for the help. The room was a duplicate of the one in the Marriott in AC, which we liked. The place was clean, but the neighborhood is a little old. Lots of restaurants around too.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
hamptondover, General Manager at Hampton Inn Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We always appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our hotel for you our valued guest. We do hope that you will visit with us again in the future. I do apologize for any inconvenience with your tv however I am glad that my team responded right away and that you had a good stay with us. We look forward to seeing you in the future.