“Nice But Not Quite”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Cheltenham, Maryland
“Nice But Not Quite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

From the beginning, upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk staff and she was very nice and pleasant. We had a mix up with our room, which was my fault, and the staff was very accommodating. Once we entered the room it had a refreshing odor and was clean. The problem we had was the bed. The beds were entirely too soft and the pillows as well. The beds were so soft my wife and I literally sank in the bed to the point of not being able to see our extremities. We felt like we were sinking to the bottom of the ocean. BACK BREAKER. My wife and I got no sleep. Besides this set back the hotel is descent for a nights stay but don't push it beyond that!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bussaknowsall
Marjorie W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Some of our guests say the beds are soft and very comfortable. They had the best nights rest and inquiry where they may purchase the mattresses. Then, we also have guests that say the beds should be firmer and they didn't have a good night rest. We value our guests satisfaction. We will do our best to see what alternatives we may have to make every guests stay a pleasant one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Glen Allen, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. I had a corner room on the second floor. My experience had more negatives than positives. The lists:

Negatives:
1. No tissues in my room
2. No conditioner (only shampoo)
3. Hand prints all over the tv screen
4. Loud air conditioner (it rattled so bad it woke me from a dead sleep)
5. Can hear everything outside
6. Can hear the guy exercising in his room above me
7. Room somewhat beat up (e.g., marks on the walls)
8. Air conditioner vent caked with dust

Positives:
1. A decent free breakfast
2. Breakfast lady is very nice (but very talkative)
3. Good location basically right next to Dover Downs
4. The front desk clerk asked how my stay was and I told her ok. She asked why ok and I told her most of the things above. She said she would address those issues and award me extra points on my rewards account.

Good people, not a good hotel. I would try to stay somewhere else.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kandkwed

Travellers are raving about these Dover hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Excellent stop on a road trip heading south to the Outer Banks. We were upgraded on our room because the cot we requested on-line does not exist at this Marriott. The lady taking care of the breakfast area was very helpful and kind. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Have stayed here times before. Always clean, well apponted, and reasonably priced. However, I have a thing about noise at night. We bring a noise machine in case of thin walls or noisy neighbors. This time, we stayed on the third floor in an upgraded suite. Very nice and generous of the management. However, we had a "pacer" in the room above us. Back and forth, back and forth. As this hotel is made of wood, it was more than noticeable. It takes away from the otherwise wonderful experience. As breakfast is better than most, I would rate this hotel as a "5." However, the construction of this building makes it difficult for staff to make this perfect. So, I rate it as a "4." Next time, I will request a 4th floor room, and I am sure it will be a "5."

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor......
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John I
Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and every hotel staffer was friendly and greeted us. Room was comfortable and quiet. Beautifully decorated in greens and blues. Free wi-fi and computer areas in lobby. Full hot breakfast that included many choices and was delicious. Indoor pool and workout room w hand weights. We will return to this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Matamoras,pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel was clean. There was pumpkin cheesecake at the front desk when you checked in. At night they had lemonade and cookies. The employees were super nice. The free breakfast was great Waffles, Scrambled eggs, muffins bagels juice milk coffee cereals

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

Modern, clean friendly staff. Pleasantly surprised upon check in I was greeted with pumpkin cheesecake....Check in was quick, front desk, courteous.oh did I mention home made chocolate chip cookies. ....Rooms are clean, beds very comfy. I even used the fitness room, basic treadmills and elipetical. Location great, close to all.
Breakfast in the am. Once again, pleased to see fruit offered instead of a bunch of carbs. I will definitely return when in Dover.

• Stayed November 2013