“Clean and pleasant”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Dover
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stopped at this Fairfield Inn on the way home from vacation, and it was a great choice. Love Fairfield Inns; everyone we have ever stayed at is clean, bright, well appointed and a pleasure to stay at. The breakfast is varied and very good; includes cereals, muffins, eggs, bacon, waffles, juices, yogurt. The people at the front desk are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Marjorie W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We get a lot of vacationers travelling north and south who say who hotel is a great stop in between there destinations. We're glad you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We value our guests satisfaction and want our rooms to reflect the quality of standard that guests expect. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

From the beginning, upon arrival we were greeted by the front desk staff and she was very nice and pleasant. We had a mix up with our room, which was my fault, and the staff was very accommodating. Once we entered the room it had a refreshing odor and was clean. The problem we had was the bed. The beds were entirely too soft and the pillows as well. The beds were so soft my wife and I literally sank in the bed to the point of not being able to see our extremities. We felt like we were sinking to the bottom of the ocean. BACK BREAKER. My wife and I got no sleep. Besides this set back the hotel is descent for a nights stay but don't push it beyond that!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bussaknowsall
Marjorie W, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Dover, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Some of our guests say the beds are soft and very comfortable. They had the best nights rest and inquiry where they may purchase the mattresses. Then, we also have guests that say the beds should be firmer and they didn't have a good night rest. We value our guests satisfaction. We will do our best to see what alternatives we may have to make every guests stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I recently stayed here on a business trip. I had a corner room on the second floor. My experience had more negatives than positives. The lists:

Negatives:
1. No tissues in my room
2. No conditioner (only shampoo)
3. Hand prints all over the tv screen
4. Loud air conditioner (it rattled so bad it woke me from a dead sleep)
5. Can hear everything outside
6. Can hear the guy exercising in his room above me
7. Room somewhat beat up (e.g., marks on the walls)
8. Air conditioner vent caked with dust

Positives:
1. A decent free breakfast
2. Breakfast lady is very nice (but very talkative)
3. Good location basically right next to Dover Downs
4. The front desk clerk asked how my stay was and I told her ok. She asked why ok and I told her most of the things above. She said she would address those issues and award me extra points on my rewards account.

Good people, not a good hotel. I would try to stay somewhere else.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank kandkwed
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Excellent stop on a road trip heading south to the Outer Banks. We were upgraded on our room because the cot we requested on-line does not exist at this Marriott. The lady taking care of the breakfast area was very helpful and kind. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Have stayed here times before. Always clean, well apponted, and reasonably priced. However, I have a thing about noise at night. We bring a noise machine in case of thin walls or noisy neighbors. This time, we stayed on the third floor in an upgraded suite. Very nice and generous of the management. However, we had a "pacer" in the room above us. Back and forth, back and forth. As this hotel is made of wood, it was more than noticeable. It takes away from the otherwise wonderful experience. As breakfast is better than most, I would rate this hotel as a "5." However, the construction of this building makes it difficult for staff to make this perfect. So, I rate it as a "4." Next time, I will request a 4th floor room, and I am sure it will be a "5."

Room Tip: Stay on the fourth floor......
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John I
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Clean and every hotel staffer was friendly and greeted us. Room was comfortable and quiet. Beautifully decorated in greens and blues. Free wi-fi and computer areas in lobby. Full hot breakfast that included many choices and was delicious. Indoor pool and workout room w hand weights. We will return to this hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Hotel was clean. There was pumpkin cheesecake at the front desk when you checked in. At night they had lemonade and cookies. The employees were super nice. The free breakfast was great Waffles, Scrambled eggs, muffins bagels juice milk coffee cereals

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple